... And now Mark Warner supports SSM
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:15:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  ... And now Mark Warner supports SSM
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: ... And now Mark Warner supports SSM  (Read 2538 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2013, 10:43:13 PM »

• I counted Carper, Kaine, and Rockefeller as supporters; they haven't explicitly endorsed gay marriage, but have made statements that make their beliefs somewhat obvious (and all three signed onto an amicus brief arguing that DADT be overturned in full)
I predict that Kaine will make an unambiguous statement in favor of it in the relatively near future.  Warner favoring it now gives him additional cover.  He wants to preserve his viability as a potential VP pick for Hillary Clinton in 2016.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2013, 10:47:08 PM »

What about Cowan?  I assume he supports SSM, but has anyone ever asked him about it?  He was appointed to the Senate about two seconds ago, so he might not have ever said anything about it.  (And Wikipedia's list of supporters doesn't include him.)

http://www.cowan.senate.gov/newsroom/press/senator-cowan-joins-colleagues-in-filing-amicus-brief-supporting-marriage-equality

We all should have the opportunity to marry who we love, the assurance that our marriage is equally recognized under the law and the right to enjoy the protections that come with it.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies