The Hill: Trump set to begin 17-day vacation at his NJ golf club
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:40:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Hill: Trump set to begin 17-day vacation at his NJ golf club
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Hill: Trump set to begin 17-day vacation at his NJ golf club  (Read 1795 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 03, 2017, 08:37:48 AM »

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/345104-trump-to-go-on-17-day-getaway-to-private-golf-club-in-nj

This country needs a businessman with no government experience and no idea how to get things done; not another career politician who actually knows how to get things done.

End sarcasm.  I'm sure his supporters couldn't care less that he lied to them by saying he'd have no time for golf.
Daniel909012
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 08:43:04 AM »

The senate, the supreme court and the congress are in recess, and I do not see anything strange hypocrite either.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 08:50:32 AM »

Nearly a month's vacation already? Amazing.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 08:59:44 AM »

You have to be kidding me...
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 09:00:32 AM »

He'll get to piss off some golfers more by driving on the greens too I'm sure because it's hard for his flab to walk around much.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 09:18:30 AM »

When all is said and done, provided we still have a country, this fool's supporters will need to always be reminded of their guilt in electing him.

I know they won't understand, because they're deranged, but we can't let future generations forget what went on in 2016, and how e-mails of no consequence mattered more than our integrity and morals.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 09:25:37 AM »

"I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to go play golf." --Donald J. Trump, August, 2016

http://trumpgolfcount.com/

He's entitled to a vacation but this hurts the optics of his all work, no play dealmaker myth.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 09:27:45 AM »

Any President should be able to golf however much he or she chooses to; seriously, who gives a ?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 09:28:10 AM »

Thing is when Bush and Obama took vacation they were really working vacations. Trump just blabs classified information loudly to dinner guests and golfs.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 09:56:04 AM »

Any President should be able to golf however much he or she chooses to; seriously, who gives a ?

Donald Trump when a Democrat is in office, for one.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 10:13:04 AM »

Sure they can.

But he threw overwhelmingly negative criticisms to Obama for doing it.  And now he's on track to do more golfing than his predecessor.

Surely you can see the hypocrisy?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2017, 10:17:06 AM »

Fore!
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2017, 10:24:25 AM »

The senate, the supreme court and the congress are in recess, and I do not see anything strange hypocrite either.

Congress legislates. The President is Commander-in-Chief, among other duties.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2017, 10:26:40 AM »

Congress legislates. The President is Commander-in-Chief, among other duties.

He'll have the full ability to discharge those duties, receive his PDB, and blah blah blah.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2017, 10:31:30 AM »

I don't care. Honestly he can stay there forever and never return.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2017, 11:18:40 AM »

Some blockheaded buffon named Trump, I think.

Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2017, 11:42:08 AM »

Wasn't he just telling congress they have should stay in town and pass a HC bill?
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2017, 12:18:36 PM »

Hopefully it will be a working vacation and he will announce his Afghanistan decision when he comes back to D.C.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2017, 12:19:38 PM »

That is God-tier tweeting.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2017, 12:19:57 PM »

I'm not excusing Trump bashing Obama for golfing too much, which is why I applied my comment to ALL Presidents.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2017, 01:16:23 PM »

"Trump has done more for this country in six months than Obunga did in 8 years!"
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2017, 02:00:08 PM »

This would be 24/7 on Fox and Republicans go crazy, if Obama still were president.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2017, 03:08:55 PM »

This would be 24/7 on Fox and Republicans go crazy, if Obama still were president.

Pretty sure Hannity would be calling for Obama to be lynched over almost anything Trump has done.

As shameless as it is, people like Hannity are insulated by the goldfish-like attention spans of their audiences. They can bash Obama for taking vacations in 2016, then by 2017 be justifying Trump taking a vacation of the same length without batting an eye. Hannity knows his audience won't remember, if they ever knew what he said a year ago in the first place. It's even worse for comments/segments done several years ago.

Trump abuses this as much as anyone, as those tweets show. He says something dumb, moves on, and leaves everyone scrambling to point out his hypocrisy, at which time he's already said another dumb thing, and another, and another...
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2017, 06:17:35 PM »

Pretty sure Hannity would be calling for Obama to be lynched over almost anything Trump has done.

As shameless as it is, people like Hannity are insulated by the goldfish-like attention spans of their audiences. They can bash Obama for taking vacations in 2016, then by 2017 be justifying Trump taking a vacation of the same length without batting an eye. Hannity knows his audience won't remember, if they ever knew what he said a year ago in the first place. It's even worse for comments/segments done several years ago.

Trump abuses this as much as anyone, as those tweets show. He says something dumb, moves on, and leaves everyone scrambling to point out his hypocrisy, at which time he's already said another dumb thing, and another, and another...

This is what angers me so much about the right, and why I find it so hard to treat them as functioning human beings. I remember listening to Rush Limbaugh back in the 90s. He was a talented raconteur, and I was pretty young and stupid. And still, I didn't have to listen very long before I realized he contradicted himself on a regular basis and that there was, logically or rationally speaking, nothing there.

And the same is absolutely true of Trump. He's deplorable, and the GOP is absolutely responsible for the ongoing disaster that is the Trump administration and its fallout. But the media practically gave him a free pass. Forget the offensive stuff he says, and focus on the damaging stuff he does. If his awful business record had gotten the attention his offensive vulgarities do, he would never have gotten anywhere near the nomination, far less the Oval Office.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2017, 10:49:43 AM »

Since the entire White House staff is being evacuated due to maintenance issues I'd guess NJ is a bit cheaper than going to FL, and certainly cheaper than a 17 day stay at Trump Tower.  But with the West Wing shut down, he's gotta go somewhere (other than hell - I have to put that in for the alt-left).
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies