Is Sarah Palin qualified to be President of the United States?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:26:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Is Sarah Palin qualified to be President of the United States?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13
Poll
Question: Is Sarah Palin qualified to be President of the United States?
Yes.

No.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 128

Author Topic: Is Sarah Palin qualified to be President of the United States?  (Read 26424 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2008, 12:36:41 PM »

Vice President

Most people have no clue who most VP picks are, when they are chosen.  The average voter didn' know who Joe Biden was, until a few days back.

If you think it's a bogus comparison, take it up with the people who introduced the idea that Obama and Clinton were relevant, not me.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2008, 12:37:16 PM »

i hope biden shreds the bitch
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #102 on: August 29, 2008, 12:39:05 PM »

Stay classy, Colorado!
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2008, 12:41:44 PM »

This is a proud day for women.  But there are still people on the otherside who want to keep women in the sink, barefoot and pregnant.  Obvious, Joe Biden is one of those people, and he will try to come after Palin.

Obviously, the Obama campaign doesn't believe a woman can be President.  We are just a little more progressive here on the Republican side.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2008, 12:42:43 PM »

I hope he tries as well. It will make the Democrats look really good! I'd advise her to tear up a bit when the Hillary women are watching.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2008, 12:43:49 PM »

This is a proud day for women.  But there are still people on the otherside who want to keep women in the sink, barefoot and pregnant.  Obvious, Joe Biden is one of those people, and he will try to come after Palin.

Obviously, the Obama campaign doesn't believe a woman can be President.  We are just a little more progressive here on the Republican side.

Are you serious?
Vsanto5
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: 3.23

« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2008, 12:48:05 PM »
« Edited: August 29, 2008, 12:53:42 PM by Vsanto5 »

No they weren't.  Obama started running for President when people couldn't even properly pronounce his name.  Even Dick Durbin said so last night.

They all started in the previous election cycle. Palin has two months.

Vice President

Most people have no clue who most VP picks are, when they are chosen.  The average voter didn' know who Joe Biden was, until a few days back.

Wrong, I think everybody knew who JOE BIDEN was, nobody knows how is a hockey mom Palin. 

I think you are making the classic mistake of assuming that, because people geeky enough to go online and discuss politics everyday know who Joe Biden is, that that means the average person has any clue.

Most people might be able to tell you who their congressman is, if you caught them on a good day.

Yes but the point is more people knew who Joe Biden was not necessarily that he was in the Senate for over 35 years just the fact that he was sort of a throw around name.

And I guarantee you if McSame put Mickey Mouse on the ballot you republicans would find the positives and bring them to light, LOL on a side note I Mickey Mouse has more experience than Sarah Palin.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #107 on: August 29, 2008, 12:49:51 PM »

No one is qualified to be president until they take on the post. Having said that she is a suprise pick and knowing McCain's age some people might be worried.
perdedor

« Reply #108 on: August 29, 2008, 01:20:18 PM »

Experience isn't really as important as candidates like John McCain, who really have nothing else going in their favor, make it out to be. However, it's just a little ironic that McCain, who's been harping on this experience thing for the entirety of the election season, would pick a vice-president with less experience than Obama.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #109 on: August 29, 2008, 01:29:03 PM »

Palin supports teaching creationism in schools. Bitch is crazier than she looks.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #110 on: August 29, 2008, 01:30:29 PM »

Palin supports teaching creationism in schools. Bitch is crazier than she looks.

She does? 
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2008, 01:31:08 PM »

Palin supports evolution being taught in the schools too—oh no!  Let's try to keep people as uninformed as possible about stuff we don't agree with!
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2008, 01:32:21 PM »

She does? 

"Teach both. You know, don't be afraid of information."

–Sarah Palin
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2008, 01:32:27 PM »

She does? 

Sigh...yeah.

http://scienceblogs.com/afarensis/2006/10/27/intelligent_design_and_the_ala/

I don't think the position is quite as heinous as others do, but it's wholly ignorant of the scientific process.  At least she said "healthy debate is so important."  I believe that's genuine, it's just that teaching ID theories doesn't really involve much scientific debate whatsoever.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2008, 01:33:07 PM »

She does? 

Sigh...yeah.

http://scienceblogs.com/afarensis/2006/10/27/intelligent_design_and_the_ala/

I don't think the position is quite as heinous as others do, but it's wholly ignorant of the scientific process.  At least she said "healthy debate is so important."  I believe that's genuine, it's just that teaching ID theories doesn't really involve much scientific debate whatsoever.

Ouch. And I had such a high opinion of her. At least it's just ignorant parroting of "teach the controversy" instead of being one of the people who actually advocates it, but still...
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #115 on: August 29, 2008, 01:35:41 PM »

Palin supports evolution being taught in the schools too—oh no!  Let's try to keep people as uninformed as possible about stuff we don't agree with!

Teaching ID in a science class usually makes a joke of the scientific method.  If there is credence to the idea of ID in a scientific context, by all means, let's consider it.  But if it is only given attention because:

1. It falls into a potential blind spot of science; and,

2. A lot of people in this country believe it,

Then it has no rational place being taught in a science classroom.  I'm all for a "limitations of science" and "science can be misapplied" in the classroom, but "some people believe..." is just not a form of science.  It's a creepy hybrid of capitulation to culture, and trying to shoehorn religion for the sake of political correct "equality of discourse."  (IMHO.)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: August 29, 2008, 01:35:48 PM »

She said that creationism doesn't have to be part of the curriculum, just that it should be discussed and debated if it comes up. Palin stopped well short of saying that creationism should get equal status with evolution in the classroom as an equally respectable theory.

I don't think there is any "there," here, and I am pretty militant on this issue.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2008, 01:37:48 PM »

Teaching ID in a science class usually makes a joke of the scientific method.  If there is credence to the idea of ID in a scientific context, by all means, let's consider it.  But if it is only given attention because:

1. It falls into a potential blind spot of science; and,

2. A lot of people in this country believe it,

Then it has no rational place being taught in a science classroom.  I'm all for a "limitations of science" and "science can be misapplied" in the classroom, but "some people believe..." is just not a form of science.  It's a creepy hybrid of capitulation to culture, and trying to shoehorn religion for the sake of political correct "equality of discourse."  (IMHO.)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2008, 01:38:35 PM »

She does? 

"Teach both. You know, don't be afraid of information."

–Sarah Palin

You are doing a lot of heavy lifting for Palin today Moderate. Is she setting you "straight" or something. Tongue
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2008, 01:40:17 PM »

She said that creationism doesn't have to be part of the curriculum, just that it should be discussed and debated if it comes up. Palin stopped well short of saying that creationism should get equal status with evolution in the classroom as an equally respectable theory.

I don't think there is any "there," here, and I am pretty militant on this issue.

There's a "there," here, just not much of one.

To Palin's credit (quote-endquote), I don't think this is something she's thought about deeply.  But I think her saying "teach both...I am a proponent of teaching both" contradicts "it doesn't have to be part of the curriculum."  In other words, I doubt she cares very much either way.  She's mostly saying whatever the first thing that comes to her, is.

Exhibit B:  She's wishy-washy on the idea of creationism ("I'm not going to pretend I know how all this acme to be.")  I think that, combined with the obvious self-contradiction, shows how dispassionate she'd likely be about the issue.

I mean, I don't love it, but this isn't a big deal.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2008, 01:42:27 PM »

So now she is a "bitch"?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2008, 01:45:41 PM »

I like when the secularists get really pissed off about the oh so very important issue of whether or not to teach evolution! The best part? She supports teaching both and they still get pissy.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2008, 01:46:09 PM »

Get used to it. I'm surprised she hasn't been called a "fake woman" yet by some Obama surrogate.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2008, 01:47:05 PM »

I like when the secularists get really pissed off about the oh so very important issue of whether or not to teach evolution! The best part? She supports teaching both and they still get pissy.

Well, you decided to scarecrow my point instead of addressing it, so I guess I don't have to respond to this.

(Using verbage like saying disagreement is "getting pissy," or "whining," etc., is really un-charming.)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2008, 01:49:36 PM »

Well, you decided to scarecrow my point instead of addressing it, so I guess I don't have to respond to this.

And what's your point? Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you one of those that brush off abortion as a mostly "unimportant issue" but see evolution vs. creationism as a top priority?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Good thing I'm not trying to charm you.  Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies