Bush acting stupid again/Jim Webb = Awesome (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:13:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bush acting stupid again/Jim Webb = Awesome (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bush acting stupid again/Jim Webb = Awesome  (Read 12366 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: November 29, 2006, 08:08:07 PM »

Is it too much to ask to at least be civil exchanging pleasantries with the President of the United States? 

With this President, yes.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 08:10:34 PM »

Honestly, Webb should have beaten the sh**t out of Bush. Bush sent Webb's son off to risk his life in some utterly pointless war. Bush is complete human trash.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 04:48:10 PM »

Honestly, Webb should have beaten the sh**t out of Bush. Bush sent Webb's son off to risk his life in some utterly pointless war. Bush is complete human trash.

Respect is earned - not given.

If President Bush had done or said one single thing throughtout this entire Iraq disaster without completely f***ing it up, you might have a point. 

As things stand, you don't.

It doesn't matter that you support Bush or not.  However, taking the high road is sometimes better - which Webb should have done and failed to do.  Since you both disagree with Bush then you say it is okay for Webb to stup towards Bush's level (if Webb does what Jfern would have done in that situation).

Respect is a lot better than disrespect, even to someone you can not agree with or tolerate - something both of you need to learn!

Bush deserves no respect for his lies to push his warmongering agenda that uses young men such as Jimmy Webb as cannon fodder. Jim Webb showed Bush respect by not beating the living crap out of him.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 04:53:56 PM »

Bush deserves no respect for his lies to push his warmongering agenda that uses young men such as Jimmy Webb as cannon fodder.

This is true, but it's not like Webb had to respond to Bush with a stupid campaign talking point.  Webb is basically using his son for political purposes.

No one is innocent or benign here, and it's certainly not a very shining event for either of them.  More a non-event than anything else, other than two grown men in Washington D.C. being unable to hold a conversation without entering into a pissing match.

Well, Jim Webb is in the right here, seeing as he didn't send the Bush twins to be cannon fodder in some far off war based upon lies.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 08:39:08 PM »

Wow, what a violent and classless person you and your ideology are.

In short, you wish Webb would have assaulted the President because of resentment over his son who volunteered to serve in the military?

Whatever respect for your positions, if not your manner, I have had are now gone.  Human Trash.

So Bush supports starting a WAR for no good reason, and I'm the one with the violent ideology? Ummm, ok.

Jimmy Webb volunteered to serve his country, not some lying wartime profiteers.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 08:46:27 PM »

In short, you wish Webb would have assaulted the President because of resentment over his son who volunteered to serve in the military?

Whatever respect for your positions, if not your manner, I have had are now gone.  Human Trash.

So Bush supports starting a WAR for no good reason, and I'm the one with the violent ideology? Ummm, ok.

I guess you don't see the contradiction in wayleighing an American president for "warmongering"

So it would be a contradiction to punch Stalin in the face?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 08:55:41 PM »

I guess you don't see the contradiction in wayleighing an American president for "warmongering"

So it would be a contradiction to punch Stalin in the face?

Who said anything about Stalin?

This is about your desire to see bodily harm to done to a US President over a difference in foreign/military policy.

As it stands now, if you want to see the Iraq war come to a quick end, simply defund it ... which shouldn't be to hard to do with your party in control of both chambers of Congress.

Oh, yes, I nearly forgot: Defunding would cause even more Americans to die there faster than they are already.

Oh, I would rather Bush get a punishment more in line for his treasonist war crimes. What's the best course of action now in Iraq is irrelevant, what is relevant is the war crimes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies