Captain Planet solves The Troubles (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:08:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Captain Planet solves The Troubles (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Captain Planet solves The Troubles  (Read 629 times)
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« on: April 20, 2014, 03:05:22 PM »

As an Ex Catholic who is from Belfast, let me clarify that a crappy 80's Cartoon show by Ted Turner is not an accurate representation of Catholic/Protestant relations in the city. Shocking news, I know.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 08:51:58 AM »

As an Ex Catholic who is from Belfast, let me clarify that a crappy 80's Cartoon show by Ted Turner is not an accurate representation of Catholic/Protestant relations in the city. Shocking news, I know.

There's no such thing as "Ex Catholics" from Belfast.
There are, NI isn't still in the Troubles, there are such things as Ex Catholics.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 04:44:06 PM »

How does that old joke end again? Ah yes. "Are you a Prod Jew or a Taig Jew?"

Segregation between the two 'communities' (what a ridiculous word in this context) is actually more marked than it was during the civil war.

Yes. This.

Guntaker may think of himself as an 'ex-catholic' for all political and 'community' purposes (and that's what matters in NI, this has nothing to do with religion) there's no 'ex' to it. (I might believe otherwise if Guntaker indicated an interest in voting for the DUP or UUP).
I think you misunderstood me here, I am an ex catholic in the sense that I used to be a Catholic, but now I'm an athiest, I'm still a Liberal and wouldn't vote for either the DUP or UUP (As both of them are arses), though I'm a tiny bit more relegated in Dissolution than people I know.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 04:51:40 PM »

What about this one?
Alright, that was hilarious. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies