What is Bernie's worst swing state? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:14:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  What is Bernie's worst swing state? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is Bernie's worst swing state?  (Read 3648 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 04, 2017, 10:47:10 AM »

Florida. He will do better with younger voters than Clinton but the older ones will do him in.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 09:06:24 PM »
« Edited: September 08, 2017, 09:08:42 PM by RFKFan68 »

I can't see any Hillary voters fleeing him. I guess NC or GA cause of the rural gun totin' Republicans.

many in the pro Bernie crowd(which I am not in) state that his populist message is actually appealing to rural folk, which is what would push him over the edge. In the primary this was certainly true, his weak position on gun control helps.

Yeah, which is why he does better in the rural north, and is a wash in the rural south.
He was a wash in the rural South because the Southern primaries are so overwhelmingly Black.

i believe he won the black vote in milwaukee

Hillary won Milwaukee county, and I doubt she did it through overwhelming strength with white voters.

surprisingly,it seems as though it may have been. According to the exit polls i am looking at, she won the white vote by 15 points, while Bernie won the black vote by 2
Sorry no. There is no way possible that Bernie won the black vote in Milwaukee County. Hillary had the overwhelming (4 to 1) support of older black voters, the group that is most likely to vote. He may have won black voters aged 18-29 but Hillary would have stifled that with ardent support of those over the age of 40. That result would go against the trend of EVERY city, county, and state in the 2016 primaries.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 04:09:19 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2017, 04:11:39 PM by RFKFan68 »

I wanna slap big [Citation Needed] labels on every post saying black people would turn out less for Bernie than Hillary.
What evidence do you have to back up your claims? Hillary Clinton won 80 percent of the black vote in the primary and had the full throated endorsement of the first black president. She had strenuous efforts to get black people out in North Carolina and Florida. Black turnout still COLLAPSED with her as the flag bearer of the Democratic Party. Bernie would have done much worse as the nominee. There is nothing about Bernie as a candidate or his campaign that appealed to them during the primaries. Especially with a candidate who deemed racial issues as "identity politics" *insert eyeroll*, had no concrete plans for black entrepreneurship or historically black college and universities, and who called for the primary of the only president who managed to turn blacks out to vote at a higher rate than whites.

The deification of Bernie Sanders needs to stop.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies