Greece 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:54:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Greece 2012 (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Greece 2012  (Read 224842 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2012, 10:33:50 AM »

Ignore that poll. It was commissioned by Epikaira, a conspiracy-peddling publication with no credibility whatsoever. Even if the topiline numbers were correct, it would still be a bad result for SYRIZA since two weeks ago they showed it more than 6 points ahead of ND.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2012, 10:59:36 AM »

Ignore that poll. It was commissioned by Epikaira, a conspiracy-peddling publication with no credibility whatsoever. Even if the topiline numbers were correct, it would still be a bad result for SYRIZA since two weeks ago they showed it more than 6 points ahead of ND.

But VPRC looked like the best pollster to me in the 1st election.

Maybe they were, I haven't checked it out. But after six straight polls showing virtually the same results I'm skeptical about today's numbers. And their client makes me even more so.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2012, 02:34:47 PM »

You can't really judge a pollster by its client.

Here in Greece you can. The client almost always gets what he pays for.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2012, 02:00:51 PM »

New poll from GPO, the 6th in a row that shows SYRIZA falling behind ND. The trend is undeniable now.

These polls all seem to be within the margin of error which is around 3%, so the reality is that this will be a tight race, and that's all we can say definitively.  A poll where the two top choices are withing the margin of error is a statistical tie for all intents and purposes.

You said the same thing the other day. If six polls show the same result, even within the margin of error, then what is the chance that they are ALL wrong?

And anyway, today we had three more. Two of them showed yet again ND ahead by a couple of points and one showed a tie. Compare these numbers to the unmistakable high single digit SYRIZA lead that everybody found the first 10 days after the May 6th election.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2012, 11:26:42 AM »

Pretty ridiculous actions, but completely expected from him. Poor KKE woman, getting beat up.

Well, she is not exactly an innocent bystander. Kanelli is our communist equivalent of Steve King and Michele Bachmann.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2012, 12:22:01 AM »

I just voted for ND for the first time in my life.
The truth is that we face a terrible choice. Our house is on fire and we have to vote either for an incompetent firefighter (Samaras) or for an arsonist (Tsipras). I just hope that I will be able to live for the rest of my life with what I did just a few minutes ago.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2012, 11:59:59 AM »

Maybe I should start reading the Weimar Republic history.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2012, 12:45:23 PM »

The final exit poll shows ND ahead by 1-1,5%.  

Projected seats:

ND         127
SYRIZA    72
PASOK    33
ANEL       20
XA           18
DIMAR     16
KKE         14
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2012, 07:24:01 PM »

We had a near death experience. Let's hope that Merkel and Co. now will act or else she might become the person that resurrects from their graves both fascism and communism.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2012, 06:46:49 PM »

I believe that should there be a third election, Dimar voters would "vote utile" for Syriza, at least a number of them, in order to get Syriza the majority premium of 50 seats. So Dimar has their last shot at being in charge with a nice parliamentary group...

Not only that- if Dimar didn't enter government, they'd probably lose a lot of their moderate voters to PASOK. 

Exactly. DIMAR ran on a platform promising to join the government whichever party came first and acting as a moderating factor that would stop the extremes from ND and SYRIZA from taking total control of the government. And that's exactly what they did.

For example, they vetoed Samaras's intention to put in the government fascists like Voridis and Georgiadis and to repeal our version of the DREAM act which opened a path to citizenship for immigrants that came here as kids and attended greek schools.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies