What is the worst subforum in Atlas history?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 10:09:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What is the worst subforum in Atlas history?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is the worst subforum in Atlas history?  (Read 285 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 21, 2014, 08:29:41 PM »

I don't mean the current one (yeah yeah 2016, we all know), but the worst one that's ever existed at any time.

My vote goes to the 2008 presidential in the summer of 2007. Honestly probably a majority of the threads were this:

Title: Talked about Democratic candidate/random Democratic Governor or Senator vs. Talked about Republican candidate/random Republican Governor or Senator
*map*

And then a ton of other maps that are all just slight variations on 2004 and occasional accusations of some previous poster being a hack because they have the poster's non-preferred party winning Ohio or because the other party's VP candidate doesn't win their home state or whatever.

However once the Iowa caucuses were in sight, it became the BEST forum in Atlas history, and remains it to this day. The archives are still worth reading today.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 08:41:36 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2014, 08:43:32 PM by Mr. Morden »

However once the Iowa caucuses were in sight, it became the BEST forum in Atlas history, and remains it to this day. The archives are still worth reading today.

The Tradesports thread from about Nov. - Dec. 2007 is a good read:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=50282.925

I also like this thread:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=66075.0
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 09:20:21 PM »

2008 Campaign Season will always be nostalgic for me because it was intense and close and I was passionate, and took it seriously. 2012 was better though because I was already burnt out from politics and "my side" didn't have a primary so it was much more of a fun spectator sport.

The worst board through is this one, no contest
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 09:27:44 PM »

Fantasy Elections.

Although, BRTD is right, the 2004/2008/2012/2016 forums are all useless speculation and redundant BS until we actually get into primary season.  When people actually start to vote, it devolves into hackish cheerleading and uber-provocative trolling.  (and thus becomes fantastic)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 10:08:40 PM »

Fantasy Elections.

Although, BRTD is right, the 2004/2008/2012/2016 forums are all useless speculation and redundant BS until we actually get into primary season.  When people actually start to vote, it devolves into hackish cheerleading and uber-provocative trolling.  (and thus becomes fantastic)

2008 was a special kind of badness though. It was formulaic and program based, like NYE's human RSS feed. At least the hacks posting the "Would this random boring Senator or Governor be a good VP nominee?" at least pass the Turing Test.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies