Spamage for President HQ: Thank you. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:03:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spamage for President HQ: Thank you. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Spamage for President HQ: Thank you.  (Read 4826 times)
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 30, 2013, 03:16:25 PM »

First of all, I am very disappointed by Senator TNF's post in this thread. Atlasia can and should do better than this. Sad

That being said, I don't know whether there will be a Federalist primary like last time but you have my endorsement for now! Smiley

Atlasia should do better than questioning candidates about their prior job performance?

You can, but it's possible to do that without such levels of viciousness. As others have eloquently put it in this thread, such behavior drives people out of the game.

Exactly, you don't have to be such a ding dong because of your disagreements with Spamage.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 10:01:32 PM »

I think I would probably vote for a Spamage/JerryArkansas, a Spamage/Sbane, or a Spamage/Waukesha County ticket. It just depends on who the running mate is for Spamage, who wins in the Labor primary, and if someone from the Progressive side is running, especially if it's the two that I really want to run.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 12:59:47 AM »

What reasons?

I am very torn on this issue myself. Most of what I've been reading shows that the economic impacts of Right to Work are rather muddled. The jobs growth argument, to me, is slightly deceptive. During different periods of time, union-shop states and Right to Work states have both held the distinction of being the regions with better growth. I think that fact alone kind of neutralizes the arguments in favour of Right to Work. On the other hand, the argument from organized labour isn't much better: While wages are visibly higher in states with mandatory union membership, the cost of living is also very high. In the end, it works out so that the "real income" isn't much different between either labour structure.

So to me, the economic arguments are rather moot. I err on the side of wanting to give individuals the freedom not to be forced into joining an organization with which they don't agree, but by the same token, I don't think it's unfair to call Right to Work anything other than an attack on organized labour. Why would anyone want to pay union dues when they can just mooch off the accomplishments of the union at their workplace anyway? They wouldn't. As such, membership declines, the unions lose whatever influence they once had, and the workers no longer have a voice. I think it's a serious consideration, not just in terms of wages and benefits, but also in terms of workplace safety.

I like the Rand Formula in Canada. It permits dues check-off, but it also holds that a worker does not have to affiliate with the union at his or her workplace. I guess it's slightly superficial if you're still paying into the activities of the union, but the person would still have the "right to work" if the union decided its workers were going to strike. How else do you balance freedom of association with the reality that unions benefit all workers at a workplace?

Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 02:45:15 PM »

Sorry Spamage for advocating this on your election thread, but TNF if you so against Spamage then run for President against him. You can make  your case there instead of snipping from the sidelines. That is unless you are afraid you would loose?
Look I am backing no one so far in the President's race, I feel a healthy debate is always needed and honestly I feel that Spamage v. TNF v. someone else (TBD) would be great.
So TNF, if you think Spamage has not a great job then run against him. Put your money where your mouth is.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 12:39:39 AM »

YES! Finally I can say I support a non-Federalist in Atlasia other than Jake Tiver! Cheesy Smiley Cheesy SPAMAGE/LIMUNE 2013!

Awww Smiley
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 08:42:08 PM »

I am so sorry, I wish you the best in this awful time. You will be in my prayers tonight, I hope that you are well during this time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies