Office of Vice President Duke (vote for The Truth: the new constitution)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 07:47:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Vice President Duke (vote for The Truth: the new constitution)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 24
Author Topic: Office of Vice President Duke (vote for The Truth: the new constitution)  (Read 72107 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: August 26, 2011, 03:53:11 PM »

Senator, I have a question.

If a fat chick falls in the woods, do the trees still laugh?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #176 on: August 26, 2011, 04:04:36 PM »

I think the better question is, do the trees laugh so hard they cry?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #177 on: August 26, 2011, 04:13:00 PM »

The Occasional News again -

Sorry to keep beating this horse, but were you to run for the Presidency, what would you say your relative advantages and disadvantages were as compared to other candidates?

Next question will be on a different topic, I promise. Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #178 on: August 26, 2011, 08:35:25 PM »

The Occasional News again -

Sorry to keep beating this horse, but were you to run for the Presidency, what would you say your relative advantages and disadvantages were as compared to other candidates?

Next question will be on a different topic, I promise. Tongue

That's a great question! It would be even more relevant if I were considering a run at the time, but since we are all friends and I'm in a relatively good mood after a few beers and dinner, I will humor you. Wink

A lot of my advantages are things Polnut has really embraced during his time in the White House at present. I've been working in regional and federal governments for the better part of two years now. I have been around. During my time there, I have rarely come across people that I literally could not work with. I think to have a functioning government, we need compromise, openness and honesty. It's a two way street, obviously, but I think I and others who I have worked with in the past know I am always open and willing to compromise and listen to ideas and viewpoints that could help this country. I compromised with Antonio on taxes and the whole left wing of the senate when I tried to pass cap and trade. I'll never be someone who will say "we believe different things, therefore I'm not interested in working with you." What does that accomplish? No one side has all the answers. I sure don't. I've never been one to serve one ideology or another.

And, I've been active and relatively easy to contact to boot. I have been around long enough for most people to know I mean what I say and I am trustworthy. I'm not going to screw most people. I'm too old to go off my rocker, and too old to do something crazy and disappear or whatever. Tongue

As for my disadvantages? Well, for all intents and purposes, Polnut has embraced these ideals. I have been pleased with his performance thus far, and there are few things I disagree with him on (maybe a few tax rates, but not by much), and I think he has governed with a level head. I also play really badly with many conservatives and libertarians here, and for electoral purposes, I would say that is a disadvantage for me. I'm also poor occasionally when it comes to attention to detail. Big picture wise, I am solid, but when you get down to the nitty gritty, the stuff Marokai loves, I get bored. He knows that, but hey, he still likes me. Wink

Since I like this so much, I'll take a few more questions.

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #179 on: August 26, 2011, 08:42:36 PM »

TPP -  It's been announced that an agreement on the End of Imperialism Act has been reached.  Were you in anyway a part of this closed-door deal?  If not, what do you feel would be an agreeable amendment?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #180 on: August 26, 2011, 09:15:58 PM »

TPP -  It's been announced that an agreement on the End of Imperialism Act has been reached.  Were you in anyway a part of this closed-door deal?  If not, what do you feel would be an agreeable amendment?

The compromise is along the lines of what I would expect and agree upon. I was not included in the discussion as the sponsor told me he did not expect my vote and had no intention on working with me. I am glad the final product is more in line with what I would want as opposed to the sponsor's original intentions. Wink

#winning

Next question?
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #181 on: August 26, 2011, 09:20:49 PM »

TPTTAA - Senator, given your recent comments, and the clear reaction voters would have; how do you intend to win back the fat chick vote
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #182 on: August 26, 2011, 09:23:46 PM »

Actually I never said that.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #183 on: August 26, 2011, 09:27:11 PM »

TPP - Senator.  What will you have to say about the obvious lack of security at this press conference.  The previous Gentleman has clearly failed to wear his press badge to this conference Wink
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #184 on: August 26, 2011, 11:07:53 PM »

TPTTAA - Senator, given your recent comments, and the clear reaction voters would have; how do you intend to win back the fat chick vote

I would hope that fact chicks everywhere will give me a fair shake before knocking me. I only kid with them in jest. I understand they are people to, after all! With big feelings.

Ok. You said no one expected my support as to why I was not involved in the discussions. Sorry for misstating your statement. At any rate, I was never for endless war, especially in Iraq and Lybia. I just opposed the original draft of the bill.

TPP - Senator.  What will you have to say about the obvious lack of security at this press conference.  The previous Gentleman has clearly failed to wear his press badge to this conference Wink

Since we are all in the presence of The People, I have no qualms with Senator Napoleon speaking his mind. After all, I did misrepresent his statement, and that's my bad yo, you heard?

Moving right along. These are some excellent questions, press corps! Keep them coming!
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #185 on: August 26, 2011, 11:15:40 PM »

TPP - Senator.  Do you have any comments or encouraging words to give to those effected by the Hurricane?  Also, do you plan to visit any of the areas that have been impacted?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #186 on: August 26, 2011, 11:24:22 PM »

The Atlasian Sentinel will be asking you a question sometime in the next 48 hours. I won't tell you when.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #187 on: August 26, 2011, 11:32:14 PM »

TPP - Senator.  Do you have any comments or encouraging words to give to those effected by the Hurricane?  Also, do you plan to visit any of the areas that have been impacted?

As someone who has experienced hurricanes in the past, most notably Hugo, I will say that I will be thinking about those in the Irene's path. This storm will likely be an expensive one, and I, along with others will be visiting the areas and making sure Nyman provides the areas with proper relief as soon as we can. In the meantime, stay inside, stock up on as much water and canned foods as you can, and prepare for the long haul. I hope it weakens before it hits the NE corridor.

The Atlasian Sentinel will be asking you a question sometime in the next 48 hours. I won't tell you when.

What if I say I'm done answering questions?

Wink

Next question? Tongue
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

« Reply #188 on: August 27, 2011, 12:42:26 AM »

TPTTAA - what if you say you are done answering questions?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #189 on: August 27, 2011, 10:55:58 AM »

Then I'm done answering them.

Next question?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #190 on: August 27, 2011, 12:15:17 PM »

Then I'm done answering them.

Next question?

A question not from the press but from a Mideast Assemblyman, if you permit. Wink

What makes you feel so comfortable in the RPP? With some of your political convictions one could also imagine you to be in a more centrist party like the CID (... is that still the right name of the party?). That's not to say anyone wants you out of the party, of course. Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2011, 04:44:41 PM »

Well, I am a co-founder of the RPP, so that definitely influences my decision to be and remain in the RPP.

Second is the people. I have worked with and been a part of the party for my entire career in Atlasia. We have a great core group of hard working people in the party, and I feel very strongly that steady leadership trumps nearly everything else. If you examine the two major parties in the game now, both have been around precisely because their leadership core has remained intact. If it weren't for the people in the RPP, I would not be here today. NC Yankee and I are very close, and I consider him one of my closest friends around here. As long as those things are intact, I will feel comfortable here.

Third, while the RPP is made up of mostly conservatives, we have tremendous ideological diversity. We have a very strong moderate wing to balance out the conservative wing. We even have a few liberals sprinkled here and there, like our good pal Marokai. My convictions may be to the left of many in the party, but I think I do a good job representing the RPP's values at the end of the day.

But points 1 and 2 are my main reasons why I am so comfortable in the RPP. I need a steady environment. Plus, no one in any other party has really tried to poach me. Perhaps I'm only wanted in the RPP? Wink

Next question?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #192 on: September 03, 2011, 10:16:29 PM »

OK, so the Atlasian Sentinel never asked me that question.

I would like to tip off the press that I will be making an important announcement in the next 72 hours. I would like to preface by saying this announcement is not already decided, but it will be by the time I have a few PBRs on Labor Day. But, you know we have to start the hype machine anyway. Wink
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #193 on: September 03, 2011, 10:26:13 PM »

What's your favorite video game?
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #194 on: September 03, 2011, 11:12:57 PM »

If it's not Mortal Kombat, I don't care.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #195 on: September 03, 2011, 11:13:29 PM »

Have you ever played Starcraft II? I don't usually play video games, but I love that game! I geek out whenever I hear about it!
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #196 on: September 03, 2011, 11:17:24 PM »

Have you ever played Starcraft II? I don't usually play video games, but I love that game! I geek out whenever I hear about it!

Grin  Hell yes!

Oh, um, sorry Senator.  Please continue.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #197 on: September 03, 2011, 11:21:41 PM »

Grin  Hell yes!

What race do you play?
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #198 on: September 04, 2011, 12:44:15 AM »

Grin  Hell yes!

What race do you play?

I like the good old Terrans the most, but the Protoss are cool too.  Wink
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #199 on: September 04, 2011, 01:06:54 AM »

Grin  Hell yes!

What race do you play?

I like the good old Terrans the most, but the Protoss are cool too.  Wink

Me too. And Zerg is way too weird for me to learn. Tongue

I think the Senate SHOULD create a Starcraft II leisure club!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies