Office of ZuWo (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:28:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of ZuWo (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of ZuWo  (Read 56344 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: January 05, 2012, 11:05:42 PM »

I support your foreign policy, though I will have to wait for the race to shape up before going any further than that.

On the Health Spending Adjustment Act

It appears odd that the Senate and the President did not take into account GM shua's remarks about the "Health Spending Adjustment Act" that has been passed by the Senate and signed into law by the President. While the bill indeed reduces the federal government's obligation for a small number of health services by 5%, it is unclear who is going to account for these 5%. The bill in its current form does not actually save any penny but in my understanding it merely represents a shift of costs from the federal government to the regions, doctors or patients or any other source. Therefore, I echo shua's sentiments and contend that the bill should have been clarified in that respect. Furthermore, I am looking forward to the bill that Senator Napoleon and Senator MOPolitico are drafting that was said to reduce healthcare costs in a "painless" manner.

Does this mean the regions are supposed to include in their regional budgets expenditures delegated to the states (or Unfunded Mandates)?  Is this a legal requirement or a request?  Because, at least in the IDS, we take our budget seriously.
There's no mandate for the regions to do it.  It's just that the Feds aren't paying for that 5%, and the Senate neither knows nor cares who they're passing the bill to. I'm glad ZuWo is paying attention to this issue and bringing it up in his campaign. Really we need to clarify the role of National Healthcare in Atlasia, but the Senate just made it more confusing.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 05:52:13 PM »

I support your foreign policy, though I will have to wait for the race to shape up before going any further than that.

On the Health Spending Adjustment Act

It appears odd that the Senate and the President did not take into account GM shua's remarks about the "Health Spending Adjustment Act" that has been passed by the Senate and signed into law by the President. While the bill indeed reduces the federal government's obligation for a small number of health services by 5%, it is unclear who is going to account for these 5%. The bill in its current form does not actually save any penny but in my understanding it merely represents a shift of costs from the federal government to the regions, doctors or patients or any other source. Therefore, I echo shua's sentiments and contend that the bill should have been clarified in that respect. Furthermore, I am looking forward to the bill that Senator Napoleon and Senator MOPolitico are drafting that was said to reduce healthcare costs in a "painless" manner.

Does this mean the regions are supposed to include in their regional budgets expenditures delegated to the states (or Unfunded Mandates)?  Is this a legal requirement or a request?  Because, at least in the IDS, we take our budget seriously.
There's no mandate for the regions to do it.  It's just that the Feds aren't paying for that 5%, and the Senate neither knows nor cares who they're passing the bill to. I'm glad ZuWo is paying attention to this issue and bringing it up in his campaign. Really we need to clarify the role of National Healthcare in Atlasia, but the Senate just made it more confusing.
What is that 5% supposed to cover?  And can you link me to the relevant statute?  I'm not exactly sure what law it is we are talking about?
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=145074.0
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 02:52:13 PM »

Federal Budget

I would like to commend GM shua on his work in compiling and presenting a federal budget. Now that there are actual figures on which we can base our proposed policies, I and my running mate are going to have a discussion about where it makes sense to cut spending. While it is our core priority to stimulate the economy by lowering massive federal tax rates for individuals and corporations, we regard it as equally important to lead Atlasia on a path towards a balanced budget.
thank you, very good to see you are so interested in it Smiley
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 07:45:21 PM »

Who is the governor now, by the way?  Is it still afleitch?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies