Axis and Allies Game II - Round 7 UK - FINISHED: AXIS WIN
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:33:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Axis and Allies Game II - Round 7 UK - FINISHED: AXIS WIN
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16]
Author Topic: Axis and Allies Game II - Round 7 UK - FINISHED: AXIS WIN  (Read 52419 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: December 18, 2011, 08:26:22 AM »

Hm, moves and opportunities.

Well, for one thing both the UK and the US opened with quite risky moves and then had quite bad luck with those moves. This backfooted the Western allies pretty badly from the get-go.

Also, I think the Americans should perhaps have built an industrial complex in Sinkiang to help slow the Japanese advance. That could have made the difference in the long, drawn-out battle over India/Indochina that the British were engaged in. Also, as I noted it was actually possible to build this IC and get a build in rather late in the game by blocking the Japanese advance.

Also, losing naval supremacy in Europe to Germany was a disaster, since it allowed the Germans to pretty much ignore the British.

I think that is pretty much what I remember of specific moves. I'll add that I liked the aggressive British play in the Pacific islands and that Japan and Germany generally played very well.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #376 on: December 18, 2011, 03:32:16 PM »

I admit to being way over aggressive early on and not quite knowing what to do.  I like to think I generally got better as the game progressed.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies