Anti-Americanism on this board (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:08:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Anti-Americanism on this board (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anti-Americanism on this board  (Read 9515 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: March 19, 2012, 11:08:40 PM »

I have a question. Is stating that one of the reasons Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons is due to our actions in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and lack thereof in North Korea, Anti-American? Just trying to gauge what Anti-Americanism means to you. 

BTW, where is this thread where people are hoping Iran wins?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 07:31:52 AM »
« Edited: March 20, 2012, 07:34:03 AM by Senator Sbane »

I have a question. Is stating that one of the reasons Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons is due to our actions in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and lack thereof in North Korea, Anti-American? Just trying to gauge what Anti-Americanism means to you.

No.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Not in this thread, but take a look at this other one

I was a little shocked by how many people would actually support Iran in a war with the United States and Israel. 

A war of Israel vs Iran I would at best be neutral, or be against the aggressor, which would be Israel. Hopefully that's not Anti-American, though the way some Republicans/Neocons act that would be more Anti-American than actually being Anti-American.

The entire premise of that thread is wrong though. If there is a war between the US and Iran, it is much more likely that other Arab (sunni) nations will be our allies rather than Israel. I highly doubt it will be just Israel/US vs Iran.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 08:01:49 AM »

Why doesn't the plotting and (admittedly poorly) acting out 4 attacks against embassies in the last month alone* not make Iran an aggressor?  Yeah yeah, we suspect Israel or the US may have killed a few scientists.  MAY HAVE.  But even if it's true, it's not like Iran is passive in this game.  I don't know why this fact is ignored (or hand waved away) by some.

*and that's ignoring the years, nay, decades of Iran's proxies nearly constantly attacking Israel
Iran itself hasn't bombed any embassies, has it? It just uses terrorists to do it's dirty work (rather facilitates the terrorists in doing their dirty work). Israel would be justified in going after those terrorists (though really it's just understandable blow back due to their own dickish actions). Terrorism against Israel won't ever stop, due to their own actions and the violent people they are being dickish to. You can take out Iran, but someone else will fund those terrorists. All it will lead to is even more valuable money being wasted on behalf of Israel (and the rest of the Arab world as well since they hate Iran as well). The US doesn't have interests there. We need to get the hell out of Iraq and Afghanistan and only protect oil interests when necessary (Kuwait 1990 would be an excellent example). These pre-emptive wars are idiotic, immoral and pretty much illegal.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies