Illinois Primary Results
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:18:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Illinois Primary Results
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11
Author Topic: Illinois Primary Results  (Read 15693 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: March 20, 2012, 10:13:54 PM »

He left after the exit poll was announced. He maybe has less of pain tolerance than I do. :I stay around to suck it up, even when Mittens blows. Smiley

Are you seriously suggesting that I run away when results don't go my way? You really are disgusting. Say what you want about me but never ever suggest that I run away when I lose. I was in the damn chat almost all night. I didn't know not posting every minute in this thread meant I was hiding. Roll Eyes

Memories, oh memories...

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=48619.0

Right...and when did I run away after that?

Now where are all of those hilariously wrong Sam posts about Santorum never being relevant...
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #226 on: March 20, 2012, 10:17:39 PM »

CNN just had a couple comments about how Romney won big with women.  They really should have mentioned that Romney didn't do as well with women as he did with men.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #227 on: March 20, 2012, 10:37:26 PM »

Over five thousand Illinois Republican voters chose Rick Perry over the candidates still in the race.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #228 on: March 20, 2012, 10:43:37 PM »

He left after the exit poll was announced. He maybe has less of pain tolerance than I do. :I stay around to suck it up, even when Mittens blows. Smiley

Are you seriously suggesting that I run away when results don't go my way? You really are disgusting. Say what you want about me but never ever suggest that I run away when I lose. I was in the damn chat almost all night. I didn't know not posting every minute in this thread meant I was hiding. Roll Eyes

Memories, oh memories...

Now where are all of those hilariously wrong Sam posts about Santorum never being relevant...

Santorum isn't relevant, and has never been relevant.  I don't think you get it.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #229 on: March 20, 2012, 10:44:54 PM »

Though the media is heralding this as a great night for Romney (which, frankly, it is), I think it's still worth pointing out that Santorum did over perform the polling by a few points. Seems to always happen.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #230 on: March 20, 2012, 10:45:28 PM »

Josh Putnam ‏ @FHQ  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open
One precinct outstanding in IL-18 and Santorum leads Romney by 88 votes for the final (4th) delegate slot. #ilprimary
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #231 on: March 20, 2012, 10:53:22 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2012, 11:22:49 PM by Torie »

Though the media is heralding this as a great night for Romney (which, frankly, it is), I think it's still worth pointing out that Santorum did over perform the polling by a few points. Seems to always happen.

Per the Sean Trende regression analysis, Mittens over-performed by about 4 percentage points, which I suspect reflects Mittens got his share of the remaining Newt voters, as Newt slid from the altitude at which he was flying, at about 15% for an Illinois kind of place, down to 8%.

The more this race changes, the more it stays the same - state after state. And for that matter, from election to election - from the Kirk primary to this primary. The candidates may change, but attitudes change - more slowly.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #232 on: March 20, 2012, 10:55:08 PM »

Memories, oh memories...

Santorum isn't relevant, and has never been relevant.  I don't think you get it.

Ok so all of this discussion has been for nothing. Romney has been the nominee since January 3rd. Got it, Sam. Coincidentally, while we're on the subject of running away when things don't go someone's way, you're curiously absent when Santorum does well but pop back up when Romney rebounds, accompanied with a, "Oh, by the way, I was going to tell you guys this was going to happen" line. Very original and gutsy analysis, Sam!
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #233 on: March 20, 2012, 10:58:11 PM »

Turnout was only up by a hair (while not all precincts are in, turnout is up only 1,430 votes).

Percentage wise, Romney under-performed McCain.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #234 on: March 20, 2012, 11:00:19 PM »

THE AMERICAN ECONOMY IS FUELED BY FREEDOM

I guaran-damn-tee it.

Romney is improving his message and delivery. He is finding his voice, and Obama is clearly in trouble unless 500,000 jobs are created per month and gas nosedives to $2.50/gallon.

Congratulations Winfield!
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #235 on: March 20, 2012, 11:02:13 PM »

Turnout was only up by a hair (while not all precincts are in, turnout is up only 1,430 votes).

Other than Huckabee, was there another candidate in the race at this point in 2008.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #236 on: March 20, 2012, 11:02:56 PM »

The next great American leader: MITT ROMNEY, 45TH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #237 on: March 20, 2012, 11:03:53 PM »

Here's the current delegate picture:

Start with a base of Romney 37 and Santorum 10 from 16 CDs.

CD 16 (Rockford): Romney 2, Santorum 1, but there's and outside chance it could be 1-2 split (647 votes). 88% in and likely for Romney on the contested delegate.

CD 18 (Quincy): Romney 3, Santorum 1, but now could be a 4-0 split (141 votes) with 99% in.

So it looks like Romney probably has 43 and Santorum has 11 with one in play.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #238 on: March 20, 2012, 11:16:35 PM »

Other than Huckabee, was there another candidate in the race at this point in 2008.

Mitt Romney and Ron Paul.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #239 on: March 21, 2012, 12:04:56 AM »

Here's the current delegate picture:

Start with a base of Romney 37 and Santorum 10 from 16 CDs.

CD 16 (Rockford): Romney 2, Santorum 1, but there's and outside chance it could be 1-2 split (647 votes). 88% in and likely for Romney on the contested delegate.

CD 18 (Quincy): Romney 3, Santorum 1, but now could be a 4-0 split (141 votes) with 99% in.

So it looks like Romney probably has 43 and Santorum has 11 with one in play.

The last one is for Santorum, but with a margin of only 109 votes, it will wait for certification after absentee and provisional votes are counted.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #240 on: March 21, 2012, 01:11:45 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm starting to notice a trend...
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #241 on: March 21, 2012, 04:53:50 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm starting to notice a trend...

We can only hope he does that at the GE Cheesy
yourelection

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #242 on: March 21, 2012, 07:14:37 AM »

Darn! In spite of my own election schedule (should have synced with outlook), I still missed the Illinois primary! At least it wasn't a cliff-hanger or  even much of a surprise.

Well for what it's worth, I still posted my thoughts: http://www.yourelection.net/2012/03/romney-wins-illinois-and-puerto-rico/

...syncing the schedule with outlook now....
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #243 on: March 21, 2012, 05:58:19 PM »

From this, the only CD's that Santorum won outright are 12, 15, and 17. Anybody getting different results?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #244 on: March 21, 2012, 06:06:24 PM »

I know Santorum usually loses Catholics but he was absolutely thrashed by them here.
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #245 on: March 21, 2012, 06:12:27 PM »

It's mad. Catholics in Ireland (particularly up north) are far more likely to vote for a catholic than a protestant, and vice-versa. But in America identity politics seems non-existant among catholics.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #246 on: March 21, 2012, 06:19:30 PM »

It's mad. Catholics in Ireland (particularly up north) are far more likely to vote for a catholic than a protestant, and vice-versa. But in America identity politics seems non-existant among catholics.

It is a very heterogeneous demographic in the United States and I really think even speaking of the Catholic vote has lost all meaning now. It existed decades ago and was certainly a force during the Kennedy era and as late as Reagan.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #247 on: March 21, 2012, 06:41:35 PM »

Only up North, surely. Huh
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #248 on: March 21, 2012, 07:24:37 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2012, 07:29:07 PM by argentarius »

Only up North, surely. Huh
The vast majority is up north, but I've seen some identity voting in places like Monaghan too. Of course it's not an issue when there are no/very few protestants in the area/on the ballot which is quite common.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #249 on: March 21, 2012, 07:26:28 PM »

It is a very heterogeneous demographic in the United States and I really think even speaking of the Catholic vote has lost all meaning now. It existed decades ago and was certainly a force during the Kennedy era and as late as Reagan.

My perception is that Catholics tend to vote like Mainline Protestants these days - and think like them.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies