The official Oldiesfreak thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:58:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The official Oldiesfreak thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The official Oldiesfreak thread  (Read 31310 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 19, 2013, 03:38:36 PM »

It just shows a complete ignorance for American history, and my logic is not "polluted", as Polnut claims.  And they may have apologized, but it was clearly intentional and an attempt to make it look like those racist Democrats were Republicans, when most of them never joined the GOP.

PPOR

Also, thoughts on those FoxNews images posted showing Rs labeled as Ds?
Probably just simple mistakes.  I remember one time when MSNBC labeled Harry Reid with an R.  That's different from labeling George Wallace with an R, since that doesn't play on people's ignorance of American history and assumption that the racists and segregationists were Republicans (when they were really Democrats.)

Loldiesfreak's trolling is on a roll today.
I'm not trolling, I'm telling the truth.   You just call it trolling because you don't like what I have to say.
No, you're being a hypocritical hack. Fox News can make one "mistake" over and over and over and over and over again and it's okay when they mislabel Sanford, Foley, Pat Toomey (way back when he was challenging Specter), Lincoln Chafee, and Ted Stevens. It's also a "mistake" when they don't mention Larry Craig's party affiliation either. But if MSNBC labels one man who did terrible things a Republican, it's Defcon 1, automatically manipulation, and is MSNBC running from George Wallace being an asshole, even though they've mislabeled David Vitter as a Democrat before.

Both sides do it. I can completely understand you being pissed about this, but this is where you lose credibility and turn into a right-wing shill. I have absolutely no problem with you and other conservatives calling MSNBC out about this. What I have a problem with is when you look the other way when your allies do it to us.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 07:10:40 PM »

Fox News mislabeled all those Pubs? And you seem to imply, assuming there was some mens rea, that Fox was in Specter's court against Toomey. Really? And you may disagree with Toomey, but he is hardly an embarrassment. Indeed, my impression is that he is highly respected among his peers, and deservedly so. Phil has every right to be proud of him. Smiley

My big problem with Fox, is that they have a retinue of paid guests, who are rather shameless shills just reinforcing the perspective of the host. Folks like Bernie Goldberg are just there to give blow jobs to O'Reilly for example. It's nauseating - just nauseating - and a waste of time. And I read somewhere that Palin is back on Fox. Sad Hopefully that is a false rumor. I mean if you are going to have a shill, at least have one who is not facially mentally challenged.

No idea where you're getting me calling Toomey an embarrassment from. Haven't said something like that.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 11:59:21 PM »

Fox News mislabeled all those Pubs? And you seem to imply, assuming there was some mens rea, that Fox was in Specter's court against Toomey. Really? And you may disagree with Toomey, but he is hardly an embarrassment. Indeed, my impression is that he is highly respected among his peers, and deservedly so. Phil has every right to be proud of him. Smiley

My big problem with Fox, is that they have a retinue of paid guests, who are rather shameless shills just reinforcing the perspective of the host. Folks like Bernie Goldberg are just there to give blow jobs to O'Reilly for example. It's nauseating - just nauseating - and a waste of time. And I read somewhere that Palin is back on Fox. Sad Hopefully that is a false rumor. I mean if you are going to have a shill, at least have one who is not facially mentally challenged.

Yes, Fox News mislabeled all those Republicans. Joe Republic chronicles these others well, and I'm not going to stretch the page, but I'll expound on these:

Fox News telegraphed this famous liberal Republican's party switch after he was defeated. Probably just people behind the stage grumbling about a goddamned RINO.

Another telegraphed switch by a liberal party member. Surely they wouldn't be in this guy's corner if he complained about Alberto Gonzalez.

Still have no idea where you can get the idea that I said Toomey is an embarrassment, considering they actually HAVE labeled them as a Republican. If anything, I think it's more of a dig at Specter, considering it was pre-party switch. I've never said something to that effect on this forum (though I did criticize him before as "a poor fit for his state ideologically" before the background check bill. You can ask Phil, considering he was the one that rebutted it), but not to the harsh extent that you claimed that I did.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 12:15:34 AM »

So about Oldiesfreak being big on anti-racism...

I voted HP by mistake, because I thought you meant Congressman John Lewis.
I don't opppse him because he's black, I oppose him because he's a Democrat.

So you're going to disregard all the work he did for the civil rights movement and at SNCC for 25 years of service in Congress on your opposing team?

You're a joke. I honestly hadn't think I'd find an incident with a Republican that I'd be disgusted in more than when Krazen used the bombings on my city as political fodder, but somehow I have. Sure, I absolutely hate facing Mariano Rivera when my boys are facing the Yankees, but off the field, he's arguably the classiest player of all-time, and I'm sad to see him retire. He's against the people I root for, but I can still like him as a person. The fact that you don't proves incidents like Wallacegate's not about race. You just want to score political points.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 02:58:06 PM »

So you're going to disregard all the work he did for the civil rights movement and at SNCC for 25 years of service in Congress on your opposing team?

You're a joke. I honestly hadn't think I'd find an incident with a Republican that I'd be disgusted in more than when Krazen used the bombings on my city as political fodder, but somehow I have. Sure, I absolutely hate facing Mariano Rivera when my boys are facing the Yankees, but off the field, he's arguably the classiest player of all-time, and I'm sad to see him retire. He's against the people I root for, but I can still like him as a person. The fact that you don't proves incidents like Wallacegate's not about race. You just want to score political points.
No; I have much respect for the work he did for the civil rights movement, but considering that, it's amazing that he belongs to a party that included most of the opponents of the civil rights movement.  And he also compared John McCain and Sarah Palin to George Wallace (who was, of course, a Democrat) during the 2008 campaign: http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/1008/John_Lewis_invoking_George_Wallace_says_McCain_and_Palin_playing_with_fire.html
So you're essentially calling him a race traitor.

Allen West is more sane than you.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 07:45:34 PM »

Why are you surprised about Oldies' Lewis comments? He said the same thing about Obama.

Tangent: Anyone wish Oldiesfreak was here in 2008? Especially during the primary.

Black Democrat clinching the nomination of that RACIST party?

Honestly, as a Republican, I did feel betrayed by that.

My first post on FC was in March so I never saw that.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 09:59:06 PM »

No; I have much respect for the work he did for the civil rights movement, but considering that, it's amazing that he belongs to a party that included most of the opponents of the civil rights movement.  And he also compared John McCain and Sarah Palin to George Wallace (who was, of course, a Democrat) during the 2008 campaign: http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/1008/John_Lewis_invoking_George_Wallace_says_McCain_and_Palin_playing_with_fire.html

Perhaps someone who was a leader of the civil rights movement understands the actual history of the civil rights movement better than some 19 year old kid reading things on the internet.
Believe me, I've read plenty of history in textbooks (even left-wing ones), and I think I have a pretty good grasp of the history of the civil rights movement.
This
So by that logic, since I've read a bunch of books on child soldiers in Africa, I am now an expert. To hell with college then, I'm going to the United Nations. Thanks, Oldiesfreak!
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 04:56:21 PM »

Seriously?  PPP exaggerates Dem numbers early on.  They may be accurate toward the end of a campaign, but they overstate Democrat percentages early in the campaign.  I remember last summer seeing polls of the presidential campaign in several states that had Obama leading by a couple points, while PPP had polls with the same sample type in the same states that had Obama leading by almost double digits.

This is what finally made me put him on ignore. At least I can take solace in the fact that krazen's half-joking when he says this.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 04:37:02 PM »

Look at the white elitist libfags that have been hostile to this young man all because he supports the Republican Party. That why we conservatives refer to your party as the demoRAtS and have little self-respect when we hardly get any from any of you pussies. We may not have any true bitches on this forum but most on here act like bitches instead of being real niggas.

k.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 12:17:42 PM »

How on Earth did this happen?

Then again, it's PPP, so take it with a grain of salt.

Oldiesfreak on Pat McCrory's fall from grace.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 08:26:23 PM »

How on Earth did this happen?

Then again, it's PPP, so take it with a grain of salt.

Oldiesfreak on Pat McCrory's fall from grace.
It's a simple fact that PPP grossly overstates Democrat numbers early on.  I saw it in 2012 when they had polls putting Obama ahead at or near double digits in states where most other polls had him ahead by (at most) 2 or 3 points.  Not to mention that even Nate Silver, whose analysis you guys take as virtually gospel, has joined a number of others in criticizing their methodology (along with Rasmussen, of course.)

First of all, Democrat is a noun, not an adjective. Have some respect.

Second of all, I was more referring to the fact that you were ignoring his awful approvals, not his matchups. More extreme legislation seems to, you know, piss people off a lot and tank someone's approvals if you're in a remotely purplish state. It happened with Walker, it happened with Corbett, it happened with Kasich, it happened with Snyder, and on the other side Hickenlooper's endangered himself too. Now it's happening with McCrory, and you're sticking in your ears and singing instead of realizing what's happening.

I'm taking the matchups with a grain of salt, but for entirely different reasons as you are. Nobody would have predicted Walker would rebound after the protests in Wisconsin, and only the Krazens and the barfbags of the world would have predicted the 2010 landslide in 2008. Instead of counting the facts that the race is a picture of what would happen if the election were on that day, you just say "OH MY GOD PPP HAS A D NEXT TO IT SO IT MUST BE THE EVIL RACISTCRATS POLLING MACHINE". The polls were all probably like that after Romney wrote off half the nation, but once Obama fumbled the first debate, all those numbers magically went back to earth when Romney stopped crashing and burning. Or does the concept of gravity not exist in Oldiesland?

In conclusion, you are the reason why the Republican Party's best summed up with "I reject my own reality and substitute my own." I'd also like to reiterate that my friend who's been on the Cruz bandwagon since December of last year and hangs out with birthers is more based in reality than you are and that you should wake up before your party dies. At least Krazen and barfbag pretend to be detached to get their kicks.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 06:29:22 PM »

FF because I'm not a far-left hack.  (Insert nasty comment here.)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 05:41:55 PM »

Just like basic math?

By the way, thanks for saving me the trouble.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 05:16:26 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2014, 07:01:16 PM by Victorino Emanuel Ramirez III »

Are you kidding me?  He was a fantastic senator for the people of Minnesota.  Too bad he got an election stolen from him by a far-left, potty-mouthed comedian who said conservatives "are all a bunch of mother***ing, Nazi, a**holes who should drink poison and die."

Christie.  The liberals and Tea Partiers are cooking up this bridge scandal to destroy his reputation and his political career.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies