The "This is funny now that we know what happened" Time Machine (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:29:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The "This is funny now that we know what happened" Time Machine (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The "This is funny now that we know what happened" Time Machine  (Read 7253 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 22, 2013, 01:58:27 AM »

Here is my compilation of retrospectively amusing commentary on the 2008 GOP primary race:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=71919.0

Sarah Palin, pregnant:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=72000.0

Edwards love child story:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=66543.0

British Dixie was later outed as a sock master, who created socks (e.g., Freedom Fighter) who he argued with:

The black turnout won't be as high this year, and that only just pushed Obama over the line, so lean Romney.

More racism from BritishDixie. Tell me, are you a Klansman or somethign.

The U.S. has caused far more hurt to the world than the Soviet Union would have done.

It really annoys me people who attack the U.S for adopting an interventionist foreign policy. If the U.S had done that in World War II, then Nazi Germany might have lived a much longer life. Not to mention the Kims ruling all of Korea and Kuwait being ruled by Saddam Hussein, who incidentally would still be inflicting his brutal murderous regime upon his people. Not to mention the Soviet Union and China having free reign to wreak havoc around the world.

Yeah you're one who believe the U.S is a force for good. The U.S. has caused far more hurt to the world than the Soviet Union would have done. It oppressed the poor people of Vietnam, it armed Islamic extremists in Afghanistan, and invaded Iraq, violating the countries rights. I'm ashamed that there are British people like you.

<<Incendiary language removed. Grammar corrected. Peter>>
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 08:34:01 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=12005.0

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=62495.0
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 09:02:05 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=81692.msg1691412#msg1691412

if it's Palin, and she has to come from Alaska and be in Ohio at noon Friday, word will definitely leak out the (Thursday) night Obama is making his speech...and that's exactly how I would script it.

palin has no chance

thanks for your deep explanation

Ok, how about this.  I doubt it will be Palin.  She doesn't bring much to the ticket and isn't a big name in Republican circles.

Plus she is too moderate to help McCain with the demographic in which he really struggles: conservatives.

I dont see a path to the nomination for Romney.

Romney has no path to the nomination.

again, there is no path for Romney to the GOP nomination...unless the rest of the field implodes at the same time (ala Gary Hart).

But, Romney has no path to the nomination....never has.

Romney still has no path to the nomination unless every other GOP candidate fumbles multiple times, and a late comer could still win it

Not that Romney would have won the nomination (he never had a path to the nomination)...

Romney's only path to the nomination is by default: 1) every conservative GOP candidate disqualifies him/herself…2) no one else enters the race...

there is no way the jmfcst's of the gop are going to vote for romney

dude, [Romney] is done, stick a tea bag in him

Romny has no path to the nomination...short him

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 09:14:42 AM »

I remember the false idea that some had for some reason that Palin was some sort of moderate libertarian governor.

Or the idea that the fact that she "isn't a big name" means that she won't make much of a splash......as if being the first ever female GOP VP nominee wouldn't instantly make her a household name.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 08:36:10 PM »

Huckabee will definitely run again. And he will lose. Again.

The person I am most certain will make a run for the Presidency is John Ensign.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 09:55:48 PM »

Since we now know that CnstutnlCnsrvatv was a sock of PolitiJunkie:

lol this race is great egg roll and gafilta fish will bruise each other so much that this race in a dem-leanin state will becoe an opportunity fora r epublican picup!

Wait...are you saying what I think you're saying there?

Holy SH*T

lol this race is great egg roll and gafilta fish will bruise each other so much that this race in a dem-leanin state will becoe an opportunity fora r epublican picup!

What? You are making no sense. You are on a forum, not a smartphone. And what the heck is up with your analogy?

He's being reallllllly racist. Egg roll (Hanabusa) is a stereotypical Asian food, and gefilte fish (Schatz) is a stereotypical Jewish food. Classic "constitutional conservative" behavior.

does he actually go by t-mac? If soa that sexplains why he's winning! All the browns in virginia who do the voter frauds love things like t-mac and dougie and jeezy and supersoak and all other nonsense liek that!

Is it just me, or is this really racist?

Oh, and the best one:

no beacuse kentucky prefers americans who love their country and dont ride motorcrycle gangs and do a voter fraud like grimes bussing illinois borders chicago gamblers to vote for her in kentcuyk or eggroll from hawaii its gonig to go to ted cruz and his running mate, hopefully some like mary fallin that can swing the women who love their abortions too much to see the truth of hte constitution

Yikes. Did barfbag forget how to write a sentence and move to Oregon?

This guy makes barfbag look like a political genius.

I give this guy about a week before he is exposed as a sock and banned.

What's a sock?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 01:39:07 AM »

ive been saying for quite a while that chriss dodd will be the democrat nominee.

Yes. This poll clearly backs that idea up.

he has momentum.

what happened to obamamania?

Other fun WalterMitty Chris Dodd threads, "chris dodd's vp choice" and "is chris dodd the 'real deal'":

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=56754.10

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=61225.0

From that latter thread, Mitty's take on Chris Dodd:

yes, but why have liberals overlooked him?

he is hillary without the negatives.  he is obama with substance.

OK, maybe that's more "It was funny at the time" than "funny in retrospect".
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2014, 11:57:12 PM »

How about this thread?

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=173436.0
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 12:13:24 AM »

This thread is also interesting if you want to see what gay marriage debates were like 9 years ago:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=17437.0
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 07:46:32 AM »
« Edited: October 13, 2014, 08:01:16 AM by Mr. Morden »

This thread is also interesting if you want to see what gay marriage debates were like 9 years ago:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=17437.0

lol yellow avatars.  LOL.

I should note though, if I'm reading the poll results correctly, that nearly 70% of the forum thought gay marriage, even if they thought it was repulsive, should be legal.  Also, lol at the "no/no" votes.  I'm assuming they probably were thinking of state level legalization vs. it being nationwide.  Or, they are those really weird "procreation" tax activists.

I thought it was more interesting what those with red avatars, or who otherwise associate with the left or center-left, were saying back then.  For example….

Im not the biggest fan of gay marriage, but  I could care less if they get married or not.

I have to admit it is a bit repulsive to my repressed little self, but I would not care of it was legal.

I'm not as comfortable with the concept of homosexual sex as I am with heterosexual sex, but I don't find two gays getting a contract from the government as repulsive.

I voted No/Yes, but it isn't that clear.

I'd never involve myself in a gay marraige, but if other people are into that, I don't think they should be stopped.

I also believe it should be a state issue.  If I was a state senator in NY, and a gay marraige bill came passing through that would legalize it, I'd vote yes.  But if I was a United States Senator, I'd vote no, as it really isn't any of the federal government's business.

I don't understand people that so vehemently fight this issue.  It doesn't impact their lives at all.

It's hard to imagine any of those people phrasing things like that today.

Oh, and also read this thread:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=40693.50

While he's not someone on the left, it's hard to imagine Inks posting stuff like that today.  E.g.,

It is a direct conscious act to rebel against God and nature.  I never said tha anyone w/ a disease should be prevented from having kids.

LOL.  I seriously doubt that is the intent.

It may not be their intent, but that is what it is.

That's a contradiction

If gays are consiously acting in a way so it will be offensive to god, which you believe, then their intent is to anger god.

Maybe I worded my last statement wrong.  Gays know (or at least should--deep down in their heart after learning biology) that what they believe is wrong.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 05:10:20 AM »

On Romney being in the lead on Intrade to win the 2012 GOP nomination:

My guess is Huck and T-Paw continue their rise and Romney falls to third by spring.  I don't get why Romney is first.  Anyone think he has a real shot at winning the nomination?  How can he get past the same issues he had last time?  People see him as a phony and flip-flopper and not conservative enough.  Republicans will nominate a more conservative candidate this time around.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 05:16:50 AM »

On the same topic….in a thread on an early 2012 GOP nomination poll (taken in late 2008), which showed Romney leading with 33%:

I bet Romney takes it. The GOP has thing for people who lost primaries in the past, unlike us Democrats.

33% is probably Romney's ceiling, lol.  it's all could could muster this time around despite having a monopoly on the money.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 11:20:17 AM »

Barak Obama?  What sort of ethnic background?  I'm guessing Arab, possibly Muslim?

He is a Muslim afro american

The name Barack Obama sounds like some neo-African name to me, but not Islamic.
I guess if his father really is an African immigrant, that shouldn't really be a problem. But I can't see a namechanging, Black Pride, 70s person elected to the Senate. I just can't picture it. I know Kweisi Mfume and Chaka Fattah made it to the House, but that's something else. Maybe with DC statehood, but not now.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 12:41:32 PM »

On Palin:

McCain would do well to pick her.  Extremely excellent choice.  Sharp, well spoken, unbelievably popular, attractive candidate.  Government reformer know for her ethics reforms.  Downside.  None that I can see.  But, but she's only had two years as a governor.  Not experienced enough.  Uh, Barack, is that really where you want to try and go?

Obama/Edwards: McCain would have to devote at least 10 minutes of every stump speech to explaining who Sarah Palin is.

Well, let me be the first Republican to make a sexist comment, since I didn't participate (deliberately) in that "other" thread. I would prefer that she serve as my mistress.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2014, 12:08:07 AM »

No one wants to comment on Torie's mistress? Huh
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies