Campaign Office - Maxwell for IDS Senate (The End)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 04:38:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Campaign Office - Maxwell for IDS Senate (The End)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Campaign Office - Maxwell for IDS Senate (The End)  (Read 1907 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 17, 2014, 07:07:20 PM »
« edited: June 22, 2014, 11:26:38 PM by IDS Legislator Maxwell »

IDS Legislator Maxwell to announce Senate Exploratory Committee

IDS Legislator and Former Senator Maxwell stands in front of these buildings, contemplating his future

Do not consider this an announcement. I have no complaints about the performance of Senator Yankee. However, one concern I do have is for debate in the region of the IDS. Once a beautiful and prosperous region, activity here has dried up like none other. We have no announced candidates for this last election for god sakes! Three seats! What we need, above all else, is competitive election.

Should I run, I will bring forward a basic platform, explaining my positions, ideas for possible legislation, and a demand for an IDS debate. We need to move forward in the region, and most importantly, bring back that competitive edge that we have so lost.

To explain my beliefs briefly: I am a limited government, socially liberal pragmatist who believes in a government that leaves alone the personal lives of many, while doing what we are supposed to do best. I am for a foreign policy that revolves around diplomacy and non-interventionism, seeking only the best in others, while only using force when we are attacked and using other tactics only when absolutely necessary. I am pro-game reform, as long as that game reform brings honest change and is reasonable. I supported an agreement to lower the number of regions to three, and while that failed, I still stand by the idea that that sort of proposal would've worked. If I choose to campaign, I will integrate myself back into the work of the Senate and become familiar with their current workings.

As IDS Legislator, I have proposed: a privatization of the Pentagram monument, lowered taxes and lowered spending, supported an abolition of any private prison system, and soon to come I will craft a system of Bi-Presidentialism that will allow any person in a sort of cabinet role still be able to take a seat on the IDS Legislative team. In addition, I have changed my mind and will soon announce my plan to run for re-election in June as well.

I hope we can see a good debate in this campaign, and I wish Senator North Carolina Yankee well!

Endorsements
Northeast Speaker Deus Naturae (DR-NY)
Northeast Rep. SWE (Lab-NY)
Former Mideast Governor Spiral (DR-MO)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 09:52:14 PM »

Any questions?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 09:57:56 PM »

If you are elected, what will you push for in the Senate?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 10:24:39 PM »
« Edited: May 17, 2014, 10:26:19 PM by IDS Legislator Maxwell »

If you are elected, what will you push for in the Senate?

That is quite a big IF, but in truth, I will push for the eventual disbanding of inefficient Government programs, reforming regulations on tobacco products, and, more importantly, being a vote against bills that hurt the freedoms of Atlasian citizens big and small. More proposals will come forward as soon as I get the chance the think things over should I run, so those are some basic things I want to propose.

I've been remedying the wiki situation, and I will continue my work tomorrow.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 02:38:20 AM »

I suppose I'll ask the obvious questions here... Tongue

Rep. Maxwell, Senator Yankee has represented this great region for the past five years.  Throughout his tenure he's proven, in good times and bad, to have the enthusiasm and will-power necessary to help run this game.  You have been an active legislator and contributed much to our region's government, both with ideas and debate, yet you have only been a resident of the South for over a month.  My question to you is, what will you bring to the Senate that Senator Yankee has not and why do you think you are more deserving of the seat?  Adding to that, how confident are you in your chances of besting him in the upcoming election?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 03:00:53 AM »

I suppose I'll ask the obvious questions here... Tongue

Rep. Maxwell, Senator Yankee has represented this great region for the past five years.  Throughout his tenure he's proven, in good times and bad, to have the enthusiasm and will-power necessary to help run this game.  You have been an active legislator and contributed much to our region's government, both with ideas and debate, yet you have only been a resident of the South for over a month.  My question to you is, what will you bring to the Senate that Senator Yankee has not and why do you think you are more deserving of the seat?  Adding to that, how confident are you in your chances of besting him in the upcoming election?

I have nothing but respect for Yankee's years in the Senate, but my viewing is that holding people in office for too long is unhealthy. What I think I bring is a fresher perspective: One that is more open on a lot of personal liberty issues, but will stand more firm on fiscal restraint. I don't think I am any more deserving to the seat, and to be honest, I know my chances are fairly insignificant to none, but the main purpose of a possible run would be to bring debate to the IDS.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 03:48:22 AM »

Well, good luck Maxwell.

But to be honest, I'm really surprised. I thought that you were much more interested by the governorship than the senate. You left the senate really quickly last time, didn't you?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 10:04:16 AM »

You did a fine job in the Senate before and I'd love for you to re-join us. Good luck in your efforts, friend.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 11:32:30 AM »

Maxwell is an excellent candidate, this is going to be an exciting race
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 05:10:46 PM »
« Edited: May 20, 2014, 06:54:39 PM by IDS Legislator Maxwell »

Beginning of Platform - Bills Currently in discussion

IDS Legislator Maxwell, campaigning/relaxing in the state of Georgia

Atlanta, Georgia - I am beginning my campaign for Senate, and what is first required from an Atlasian Senator is attention, particularly attention being paid to national issues and national bills. I have reviewed some of the latest and greatest bills from our Atlasian Senate, and I have put forward my views on them. Before I can put forward my own agenda, since I will be one of 10 Senators should I be elected, and therefore, this is the first thing I must do. Here is my views on ten of the latest bills:

Ten Bills Yall

The Free the Small Start-ups Act - Completely in favor. Aye.

End Lame Duck Terms Amendment - As has already been stated, I would support reduced Lame Duck terms, but ending them out right I think would cause some problems for officers who are switching from a different role to the Senate.

Public Ownership Act of 2014 - I would motion to table this legislation. This type of stuff goes far beyond, and would only hurt our energy situation irreparably. I can not, in good conscience, allow for our government to take over energy production, which reduce efficiency and reduce our standing in the world.

Executive Compensation Act - Lean Nay, but I would honestly think about it. Stock Options has had some controversy, but I am against limiting the markets in this manner.

Public Means Public Act - Aye. As much as it may disturb some, if someone is homeless or mentally ill, they should not be further shamed. They should only face the law if they break the law. Indeed, this bill brings up a lot of good civil liberties ideas, and it has my full support.

Duke's Let's Put Atlasia to Work Program - Now, outside of Atlasia, I am against these sort of tax credits. However, within the confines of Atlasia, it is a better solution than merely spending more on projects, incentivizing businesses to hire more people. Thus, this would get an Aye from me as is.

Effecient Referenda Amendment - I would like a repeal of the Referendum system, but that's less of what this refers to. I would prefer a reform of the Amendment system, as stated by Adam Griffin, which says the Amendment goes through the region again and again. Not only does that never happen, but it's also bad. I would prefer it stay in the hands of the Governors, but if there is a compromise that the Regions get to hold their regional senate races in exchange for homely doing the amendment system, I could be convinced to vote in favor of this amendment.

The Severe Disability Savings Plan Act - As someone with a family member with a severe disability, any bill that moves forward their benefits has my support. Unlike some in the economy, they truly have no voice over their fate, and need as much help as available. In addition, the way the bill works to define their problem in an accurate way.

Duke-Scott Education Reform Act - Once we see more of the financial viability of this bill, I would be more willing to vote for it. Increasing Wi-Fi access is one thing I put forward in the Midwest, basing it off of one of Scott's reforms. In addition, I would also like the opening up of school choice.

Campaign Banner

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2014, 09:45:22 PM »

Small Businesses in Atlasia - A Proposal

Charleston, South Carolina - The way Nyman runs, we have to face facts: Business in general is being crushed by the policies that are put out there. We have seen some moves in the right direction, but all those moves are canceled out by about 50 other moves in the wrong direction. In Nyman, I want to be a voice for entrepreneurs, and thus I want peoples growing businesses to get a tax cut. As your Senator, my first proposal will be to cut taxes for Businesses making under a million in HALF, from 10% to 5%. This cut will stimulate growth in the economy, something it still needs, even as the economy has been slowly but steadily recovering. After so many measures of demand side stimulus, we need some supply side stimulus and that's what this proposal does.

I acknowledge this may do some damage to the budget. Even with shifts for growth, it still may go above the $17.6 Billion surplus. As a result, my plan would also include a slight reduction in spending in areas such as transportation, which should receive a reduction anyways as soon as the High Speed Rail is built, and putting the postal service on a path toward elimination. Those two things in combination (probably a total of a $10 Billion dollar cut) will put the budget back in balance, but with an overall economic plus.
Hamster
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2014, 10:01:09 PM »

Should I vote for you?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2014, 10:05:37 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2014, 10:08:07 PM by IDS Legislator Maxwell »

I think you should. I don't know your policy outlook, but I am staunchly pro-civil liberties. Back when I was a member of the major right wing party, The Federalists, I would vote against my party on issues that allowed for more social liberty. Now that's pretty broad, but the point being that I am not beholden to anyone other than the citizens of the IDS. I was Governor of the Midwest, an At-Large Senator, and a current IDS Legislator, so I have a strong record of activity in the game. Vote for who you want to be in the Senate, but I think I am someone who can bring something new to the Senate, after years of being represented by the same person.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2014, 10:11:31 PM »

Well, good luck Maxwell.

But to be honest, I'm really surprised. I thought that you were much more interested by the governorship than the senate. You left the senate really quickly last time, didn't you?

The senate was a much different place then. Currently, it seems as if the Senate is moving at a faster pace. In addition, someone needs to do the wiki, and I have put myself as someone who is willing to do so (adding ten bills to the wiki in the last week or so).

You did a fine job in the Senate before and I'd love for you to re-join us. Good luck in your efforts, friend.

Thank you very much TNF. As much as your policies have at times put me on the edge, you have been nothing but a loyal and great contributor to a game that requires policy thinkers.

Maxwell is an excellent candidate, this is going to be an exciting race

Thank you, Sirnick. Your ticket has my endorsement, and I hope to campaign for your candidacy sometime soon.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2014, 10:33:23 PM »

Endorsed!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2014, 10:34:27 PM »

Thank you Deus! The Democratic Republican Party will rise yet!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2014, 02:20:33 PM »

Drone Usage - An Idea from up North, foreign policy

Pictured: IDS Legislator Maxwell, campaigning in Tennessee

Memphis, Tennessee - Now I generally consider myself an advocate for regional rights, and I still do. The fact is, without a proper separation of regional government and federal government, the game becomes so centered and, to me, boring. I know Governors who don't want to move to the Federal branch because they enjoy their job. Governor Scott, great at the job, would like to continue, and I think any reform that takes regions away is off the table.

That being said, I believe some things that have been proposed by regions are a good idea to take on the federal level. This is because they are ideas that have been proposed on the lower level that are far more applicable on the federal level. I was going through the Northeast, and what I found was the commercialization of drone technology. Now while I'm not 100% anything like this would pass, I will propose a national Release the Drones Act as Senator, and if I can't get that through, and then we should have some broad Drone reform.

As for foreign policy in general, I supported the expansion of trade in South American Trade by Lumine. I support expansion of trade anywhere. We do, however, need to be wary. I respect deeply the growth of the economy in China. However, during my absence from Atlasia I went to China, and what I saw was lawlessness. They consistently violate Piracy laws. I'm not saying we bring the hammer to them, especially without proper evidence, but we certainly need to be wary of that in terms of our high tech sector, and whether or not they are stealing our ideas.

My vision for the world is one where we aren't the world police, with low trade barriers and countries getting the best out of one another. To do that we must be peaceful, we must be diplomatic, but if attacked, we must be strong. The military budget is low as is, and I don't think the case can be made for a further reduction, since we've already made lee way in terms of reducing our expenditures there.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2014, 02:28:16 PM »

Endorsed!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2014, 02:29:02 PM »

I appreciate the endorsement, and I wish the very best for your future in the Northeast.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2014, 02:36:14 PM »

Well, I won't endorse anyone in this race, but I recognize that you will be an active senator (of course Yankee is active as well), so best of luck Maxwell.

But seriously, I was really surprised. I thought you were more interested by becoming the next Emperor after the retirement of Scott (yep, one day, Scott will retire Tongue)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2014, 02:43:43 PM »

Well, I won't endorse anyone in this race, but I recognize that you will be an active senator (of course Yankee is active as well), so best of luck Maxwell.

But seriously, I was really surprised. I thought you were more interested by becoming the next Emperor after the retirement of Scott (yep, one day, Scott will retire Tongue)

I think this campaign leans a little closer to my campaign against TNF than the one for At-Large Senate. I'm trying to rile up IDS voters and make the region interesting again by running an active campaign. I mean, if I do win, it would be a great honor to serve, but I am aware of my chances in the region, with Yankee winning elections here for YEARS.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2014, 03:54:26 PM »

Oops, somehow I haven't already done this. You have my full and enthusiastic endorsement as a friend as as someone whom we agree with on many things. You would definitely only help the IDS.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2014, 04:01:52 PM »

Oops, somehow I haven't already done this. You have my full and enthusiastic endorsement as a friend as as someone whom we agree with on many things. You would definitely only help the IDS.

I appreciate that Spiral, and hope you continue to make the Mideast a place of prosperity.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2014, 06:32:14 AM »

You have my endorsement. You'll once again be a superb Senator. I think,  if the election goes well for both of us, that we'll be able to accomplish a lot together.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2014, 02:17:27 PM »

You have my endorsement. You'll once again be a superb Senator. I think,  if the election goes well for both of us, that we'll be able to accomplish a lot together.

Thank you Sirnick, I appreciate your endorsement, and you have my 100% support for the office of President!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies