The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:48:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 203757 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« on: January 29, 2015, 06:15:05 PM »

[[in reference to antonio's signature]]

Pretty irrelevant already #shortattentionspan

i mean i'm not at all a fan of ch but come on
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 01:25:30 PM »

P.S. Guys, let's not forget that most men and women are still "straight". And that these people have rights too. And they must be respected and preserved no less then  rights of LGBT people.. Some liberals seem to forget about that...

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 01:35:33 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=207084.0

BRTD.txt
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 05:42:52 PM »

the right-wing in Israel probably loves seeing hatred against Jews increased because it means that more will flee to Israel.

yeah this is one of the worst tropes
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 05:55:23 PM »

does not belong here. hifly is probably the most qualified expert on trash we have.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 02:34:27 AM »

does not belong here. hifly is probably the most qualified expert on trash we have.

so it's irony?

i'm saying hifly is trashy enough that we can probably take his word for it.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 08:44:35 AM »

Multiple attempts at failed snark her, tho the last is particularly absurd:
Manning deserves the death penalty, but in principle it's important for people who are sitting in prison to have access to the health-care they need (and, yes, sex reassignment surgery is included), so I suppose this is good news on balance? Sort of conflicted.

No it isn't.

1. we're talking about hrt, not srs.
2. i'd really like to see your reasoning for this claim.

If you're going to use initialisms, I think we'd all prefer that you at least capitalize them. Otherwise, it looks like you're trying to say "hurt" and "serious", which of course makes no sense.

i think it's pretty obvious in context Tongue

You're also supposed to capitalize letters at the beginning of a sentence, and end said sentence with a period. I'm not sure how a colon followed by a lower-case "p" is supposed to do the same job here.

this is an internet forum, not a fcking résumé.

no attempt at snark was made; all of my statements were 100% factual Curly
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 02:45:17 PM »

Not to mention that Rape is much worse than being falsely accused of rape.

This is very, very debatable. An argument could be made that there are actually more long standing ramifications of being falsely accused.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 04:48:37 PM »

A post-post-modern masterpiece in internet flirting. Do a Google search for: atlas forum worst post

oh christ
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 06:12:28 PM »

it would be a no-brainer if "SJWs" were true egalitarians gone wrong or crazy.  I don't think they are.  RPs live in the real world to a much greater extent and thus are capable of genuine dialog.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 08:58:42 PM »

Can she be sued for death threats?

Unfortunately not, what with the United States' ridiculous free speech protections.

It's times like this when I really wonder whether to term 'Liberal" is really appropriate.

It's times like this when I wonder when you're going to just stop posting.

isn't that just all the time though?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 03:12:57 PM »

this isn't funny. does anybody know tender's real name?
Nothing is funny, because you are frigid and miserable. I found some dark humor in this, because it is obviously a joke. And Tender should be banned for six months just like Mechaman was for creating a sock.

"suicide is so funny guys lol amirite"
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2015, 03:32:11 PM »

the 6'4'', 250 lb+ "kid" just robbed a store, was running from the cops, then reached into a cop's car to attack him and take his gun to shoot him in his own vehicle. i would have shot the little sh*t myself black, white, or otherwise. wilson was protecting his castle and his own life per training and was justified in using force. - reasoning, usn trained po2, small, medium, heavy arms, police situation, and tactics training

the democrats are wrong on this issue and only use it to stir things up. the majority of wrongful force cases are blown out of proportion due to media response, false reporting, and sensationalization, and the good part of them see legal action on the cops, e.g., http://nypost.com/2015/04/01/cop-that-berated-uber-driver-stripped-of-badge-and-gun/ http://www.wsj.com/articles/police-video-shows-deadly-shooting-of-black-suspect-in-tulsa-1428913303

you younger kids coming on the internet and complaining about life or death, high pace situations from an armchair or beside a video game console is laughable and why the millennials really need to mature a bit more, i really hate my generation sometimes.

screw his memorial.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2015, 08:31:55 PM »

and here we go again with the old "jesse helms was a racist" argument. i met someone who knew him and this is far from the truth. just because someone opposes affirmative action (because you know it's racism in itself) and doesn't think mlk day should become a holiday (because you know when you make a federal holiday its not the most fiscally responsible thing, it doesn't matter who it's for) and is a white man from the south doesn't make him racist. and the "so-called" elevator incident, that was taken completely out of context. helms being a racist is just a strawman used by the left to paint the gop as the racists although they were the ones that fought for civil rights and to end slavery. at the same time they completely ignore robert byrd, kkk member and senator until five years ago.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2015, 06:45:15 PM »

lol Lincoln caused the Civil War.  That's a new one.

I'm still lost at the part where Jackson was involved with the IRA.

refers in this case to the indian removal act, rather than the irish republican army
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2015, 01:58:29 AM »

she doesn't realize it's "because of whitey" that she has electricity, air conditioning, computers and a car.
i'm sorry but the responses to my post boxed me in to putting this frankly:

western people as of today have been the most accepting and generous ethnic group of people in the history of humanity. how do you think east asians think of black people? how about indians or arabs? how many asylum seekers do you think japan will accept?

don't get me wrong we have had our share of terrible things done throughout history. but the enlightenment mentality in european civilization is responsible for literally every social advancement that makes the modern age. the muslims are probably the only civilization that had a shot of filling this role in the middle ages, but that window closed.

basically every "good/free" country in the world is that way because they adopted the "western" way of doing things.

yeah, sh**tty things happened, as they always do. do you think things would be better if the black people conquered europe and did the same thing? they would probably be worse frankly. the fact of the matter is the technologically superior civilization always absorbed or outright annihilated the lesser civilization. that's how history worked. american black people are literally the most well off subsection of their ethnicity on earth. don't get me wrong they had to fight against the ignorance of the white majority back then to make it happen, but it did. how do you think the black civil disobedience of a former slave population would've gone down in china? how about india? they would make the kkk look like saints, don't lie to yourself and pretend otherwise. 

there is plenty of work to be done in the name of ethnic equality, but this mentality pisses me off. she has the gall to whine about how "white people" are the problem when in reality they are the reason she has anything she does today. odds are she would just be some random subsistence farm girl, probably raped multiple times by randoms had it not been for these white people she hates so much.

there, i said it.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2015, 03:27:48 PM »

she doesn't realize it's "because of whitey" that she has electricity, air conditioning, computers and a car.
i'm sorry but the responses to my post boxed me in to putting this frankly:

western people as of today have been the most accepting and generous ethnic group of people in the history of humanity. how do you think east asians think of black people? how about indians or arabs? how many asylum seekers do you think japan will accept?

don't get me wrong we have had our share of terrible things done throughout history. but the enlightenment mentality in european civilization is responsible for literally every social advancement that makes the modern age. the muslims are probably the only civilization that had a shot of filling this role in the middle ages, but that window closed.

basically every "good/free" country in the world is that way because they adopted the "western" way of doing things.

yeah, sh**tty things happened, as they always do. do you think things would be better if the black people conquered europe and did the same thing? they would probably be worse frankly. the fact of the matter is the technologically superior civilization always absorbed or outright annihilated the lesser civilization. that's how history worked. american black people are literally the most well off subsection of their ethnicity on earth. don't get me wrong they had to fight against the ignorance of the white majority back then to make it happen, but it did. how do you think the black civil disobedience of a former slave population would've gone down in china? how about india? they would make the kkk look like saints, don't lie to yourself and pretend otherwise. 

there is plenty of work to be done in the name of ethnic equality, but this mentality pisses me off. she has the gall to whine about how "white people" are the problem when in reality they are the reason she has anything she does today. odds are she would just be some random subsistence farm girl, probably raped multiple times by randoms had it not been for these white people she hates so much.

there, i said it.

Why did you make Cory's posts all in lowercase?

i didn't, it's a browser extension Tongue
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2015, 12:39:19 PM »

Can somebody please move the above post to the "Simple Truths"-thread, where it belongs ?

Looks like Sol picked the wrong thread ...

no
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2015, 12:08:23 PM »

i'm worried that the power-hungry islamo-fascist pseudo-dictator erdogan is going to manipulate the results, so that his akp remains in charge ...

please keep the excessive hyperbole under control. this board isn't for this kind of nonsense.

i'm sorry to read that you don't like the truth ...

besides, this is a free board. i can write whatever i want. thx.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2015, 07:06:15 PM »

it unites the world's objectively best nations together. there's only like 10 nations outside of it that aren't wholly and totally useless or bad.

obvious freedom alliance (left-leaning).
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2015, 08:18:08 PM »

What is wrong with you? Chicago shall always be the Second City.

God no.

You'll see it in a few years then.

Houston is a up and coming city. Chicago is a stagnant one at best.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2015, 02:40:30 PM »

Well, remember that Bill Clinton was the first black president, and African Americans loved the Clintons until Hillary dared to challenge Obama, then she was a racist, but now that she's been a good "team player," the black community seems to have "forgiven" her and is solidly behind her now. It'll be hard for Bernie to break that coalition, especially since he comes from Vermont, which has the second lowest percentage of African Americans in the nation, I think, only behind Maine.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2015, 02:12:55 PM »

Cranberry's latest series as you may have seen, had a wholly unrealistic result: a landslide victory (in Austria) for nuclear power. And that got me thinking. In the UK, Canada, the US, France and most of Scandinavian there is a fairly ephemeral movement opposing nukes; but they have never received significant attention from the public. But in, say, German speaking countries the opposition is persistent, strong and influential enough to swing elections. Why is this?

Of the countries in Scandinavia only Sweden got nuclear power (and Finland if you use the term more broadly), so in general there is not that much to protest against (though not having any didn't stop the Danes from complaining about Swedish nuclear plants..). Further Sweden had a referendum in 1980, the outcome of which was that we should get rid of our nuclear plants. So wouldn't say that the opposition is that weak.

More broadly speaking I would guess that it is associated with having a strong environmentalist movement and a general high regard for "natural" things. Not sure why the Germans generally have a stronger affection for things being "natural" though.. However it seems have quite some history with all sorts of movements appreciating the natural as opposed to the artificial/modern.

Placing a nuclear plant within a radius of 50 km of another country's capital is an obvious provocation.

How? That is basically saying that placing Malmř 20 km from Copenhagen was a provocation..

No, a city can't be radioactive.

But a nuclear plant is and people do not want their kids to end up like this if something goes wrong:

Sry, but nukes suck and kill, no matter how the pro-lobby argues. They all need to be shut down.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2015, 05:47:28 PM »

I'm surprised you're pro-nuclear power, Evergreen.

i'm "pro-nuclear" in the same way as i am "pro-abortion". it's more of a necessary evil than an actual good thing but the hysteria from opponents is, well, hysteric.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2015, 01:39:11 PM »

in which shua compares gay marriages and bar mitzvahs to burning qur'ans:

This is an outrage and massive infringement on the personal freedom of these bakers! What's next, they'll be forced to bake cakes for blacks and Hispanics, because of a religiously justified opposition to their skin color!?

I wonder if people believe a baker should be allowed to close their doors to Jews looking for a cake for a bar mitzvah because of the baker's religious views.

I wonder if people believe a Muslim bookseller should have to sell an (Arabic) Quran to Pastor Terry Jones. 

(No, I don't really wonder, I already know they do. Same people who hate conservative Christians hate Orthodox Jews and Muslims, more often than not.)
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies