Office of former Midwest Governor LeBron FitzGerald
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 03:58:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of former Midwest Governor LeBron FitzGerald
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of former Midwest Governor LeBron FitzGerald  (Read 3000 times)
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 07, 2015, 12:42:03 AM »
« edited: February 04, 2015, 10:48:41 PM by LeBron FitzGerald »

Midwest Governor LeBron FitzGerald's (Labor-MN) official office in Cheesewhiz, South Dakota

I've ultimately decided with the new year, and a cluttered old office, that it's time to open a new one. I've made plenty of mistakes in the past, everyone makes them, and I'm ready to move on from that and give the Midwest a real leader to look up to. I will put my past stubbornness and ignorance aside and I hope the Midwest forgives me for the past. But now we're living in the present and future and my main priority is bringing out the best in the Midwest once again!

And what better way than to have a fresh start with new legislative leaders in the Midwest Althing. Rep. Vega recently had to resign/de-register amid scandal allegations, and I won't delve into that matter but he will be deeply missed. He provided great insight on all the bills, was one of our most active legislators we've ever had, and was a solid progressive.

It's been tough finding someone to replace him. Given that Midwest voters elected Vega under the Labor banner back in November, it seems only right I appoint someone from the same party. And it will be someone who I believe will definitely be able to work across party lines, and work to pass some great legislation.

We did face a few setbacks with the departures of a few Althing members, but as promised, we are ready to get back on track in a new and improved administration and legislature.

I'm announcing who I'll appoint in the next post.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 12:47:31 AM »

What about your trial, Governor?
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 12:48:30 AM »

I am appointing Joe Mad to fill the unexpired term of former Most Serene Representative Vega. Because this appoint is within 30 days of the next legislative elections (the Althing/Archduke elections take place next week), there will be no special election.

He's sure to be an active, progressive and enthusiastic legislator that the Midwest needs. I look forward to working with him, and congrats Joe! Cheesy
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 12:51:05 AM »

I can't tell you anything more except that Windjammer is my attorney. Let's leave it at that. Tongue
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 07:11:25 AM »

Would be great if you showed up to your trial
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 07:43:41 AM »

He did, so please, stop harassing him.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 05:00:40 PM »

Thank you Governor for finally closing the PPT Election, thus allowing Gass to be Archduke. I am excited that after several days, you have received feedback and announced a replacement for Vega. I hope that the activity will continue.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 06:54:33 AM »

I actually already did, Emperor. A long time ago, but enough petty attacks. Let's go back to making our respective region's the best they can possibly be.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

With that said, I encourage every Midwesterner to get out to the polls in the next few days and vote on the Fix the Senate Rules Amendment. It was passed in the Senate with bipartisan support and helps clear up the Senate rules and who oversees certain things.

I have several executive actions coming in the days ahead including some bills sitting on my desk waiting for a signature, veto or redraft, there will be another vote opened on an amendment to the Midwest Constitution to make the regional recall process more efficient, announcements on two vacated positions, and a response to our booming regional economy with an unemployment rate 1% below the national average, and moving forward. Of course, my main priority is job creation and as the Game Moderator mentioned, there are still peaceful protests happening all around the country, and it is still an issue.

And then there's also the upcoming regional legislative/Archduke elections coming on Thursday, so our region has a lot on it's plate right now, but we can manage it!
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 11:03:27 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
I'm offering a slight redraft before I sign this. I of course am in support of making sure this whole region stays intact (especially after the civil uprisings last year in Moxie and Bluster). I also respect other governor's regions, and our region will stay loyal to the federal government.

But one of the statements here inadvertently gives the federal government the sole power and jurisdiction over the Midwest. They do have jurisdiction over all region's, but that pre-amended statement basically says that the Midwest regional government and state and municipal governments within the state have no say in the affairs, judgment and laws of the Midwest.

I'll sign this if the legislature passes this amended version.

I'm offering a redraft on this as well. The sponsor of the raise in the minimum wage had the wage being increased quarterly, while the passed amended version was only annually. I'm personally a very strong proponent of raising the living wage, and according to the federal Fair Labor Standards Act the wage is set to increase to $15 in July 2015, $16 in 2016 and so forth, but I think we can do better.

By raising the minimum wage for workers, it not only gives them sustainability and the urge to work harder and for others to join the work force, but by also giving our workers a fair wage, they have more money to spend which helps bring in revenue for some of these businesses. Our government itself will also gain revenue as workers who have a living wage will have less of a need to be enrolled in social programs. By doing this, businesses will need to raise sales prices, but only slightly, and this redrafted bill if passed is sure to make our workers happy.

Granted, if the same, annual increase bill is sent back to my desk again after this, I will still enthusiastically sign it, but I just feel our workers deserve better.

x LeBron FitzGerald

The 2014 budget had a surplus of about $16B, and I don't want to make any cuts in this upcoming budget, but with some modest tax reform, this fund will definitely be helpful down the road in quickly approaching natural disasters common to our region like flooding and tornadoes, and any future aid needed if there's ever any future civil conflicts.

This is to make sure though that funds are left aside for other programs that wouldn't be covered under this fund such as the child allowance or WAMSR construction programs, so it is important that we work on getting as large a surplus as possible for the next budget.

x LeBron FitzGerald

For those who don't know, the Midwest Bank Chair, created during Lumine's time as Governor is met with the task of providing loans. I'm deciding between two names on who to appoint to this position, but a decision will be made soon enough and my name isn't one of them.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 11:24:05 PM »

Um... apologies Governor... but a quarterly increase in wages? when inflation is already high and in fact above overall wage growth?

Good luck with that.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 01:38:39 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2015, 01:40:23 AM by Gass3268 »

Following bill has passed the Althing, awaiting your decision:

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 01:40:02 AM »

Following amendment has passed the Althing, now we need to let our citizens vote on it:

GAworth
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 10:09:07 PM »

My fair Governor, the Midwest's election needs to be concluded so the Midwest may get back to Governing.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2015, 09:00:16 AM »

The following resolution has passed the Althing, awaiting your signature:

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2015, 01:46:44 PM »

Any plans to resign in light of the fact that you have just been convicted of voter intimidation?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 06:07:46 AM »

A better year indeed!
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 03:45:44 PM »

Any plans to resign in light of the fact that you have just been convicted of voter intimidation?
GAworth
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2015, 04:30:01 PM »

Your signature or veto is needed on several bills presented to you in this office.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2015, 11:24:47 PM »

Before I comment on the trial, I'd just like to apologize to all Midwesterners for my temporary absence from my (former) job as Governor of the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest. I thought I would be able to balance my social life, school and work with Atlas and Atlasia as Midwest Governor, but that proved to be false and I should have resigned before. I've also seen some of the ways me and my tenure as Governor has been described in a recent Cris Survey poll and admittedly, it describes it in a nutshell.

Now as for my conviction, I've got to say it's annoying to see the Lumine and ZuWo Administration get their way again in the continued Labor purge. I'm now banned for a year for something I didn't even do.

Regardless, I'm going to use this time to take a break from Atlasia. I'll be back at some point, and when that time comes I hope to be a changed person in more ways than one.

In the meantime, the Midwest is in good hands under the leadership of Gass, GAworth and Joe Mad and I wish them the best of luck with the region. They will undoubtedly bring this region far just as I once envisioned.

Your former Governor and colleague,
LeBron
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2015, 11:37:09 PM »

That is utterly pathetic, and I hope voters keep this in mind if you ever try to run for office again.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies