Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:25:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 208342 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: January 14, 2015, 08:25:04 PM »

So, we're on the 20th season of this thing and BusOklahoma is single, unemployed and incredibly overwieght.... just like it was at the beginning. How depressing. No progress has been made.

Actually in the first season he was about to go on a first date, employed at the gas company and like 50 pounds lighter...

Yeah, he's regressed along all three dimensions in the past five years.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 09:12:14 PM »

If God be for me, who can be against me?

Coherent grammar?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 08:43:17 PM »

So, here's the situation:  I have two nights left at Grandma's and then starting Saturday night, I will spend 11 of the next 12 nights at my parents'.  I plan to go back to Tulsa to stay on Thursday, January 29, 2015.  I will be up in Tulsa this coming Wednesday night, January 21 for the job fair Thursday morning.  I will be back in Tulsa briefly Saturday afternoon/evening for a Sunday School Fellowship in East Tulsa.  I will go up that morning and come back after the fellowship and then go up to stay the next Thursday.  There is a chance it could be Wednesday, January 28.  I will, of course, job search all during the time I'm still down here and will not hesitate to go back to Tulsa for an interview.

Why are you spending so many nights at your parents' place, given that you no longer have a job in the OKC area to go to each day?  I thought you wanted to stay in Tulsa?  So then, why aren't you now spending most of your nights in that Tulsa apartment?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 08:54:33 PM »

So, here's the situation:  I have two nights left at Grandma's and then starting Saturday night, I will spend 11 of the next 12 nights at my parents'.  I plan to go back to Tulsa to stay on Thursday, January 29, 2015.  I will be up in Tulsa this coming Wednesday night, January 21 for the job fair Thursday morning.  I will be back in Tulsa briefly Saturday afternoon/evening for a Sunday School Fellowship in East Tulsa.  I will go up that morning and come back after the fellowship and then go up to stay the next Thursday.  There is a chance it could be Wednesday, January 28.  I will, of course, job search all during the time I'm still down here and will not hesitate to go back to Tulsa for an interview.

Why are you spending so many nights at your parents' place, given that you no longer have a job in the OKC area to go to each day?  I thought you wanted to stay in Tulsa?  So then, why aren't you now spending most of your nights in that Tulsa apartment?

We have company coming in on Tuesday who will spend eight days.  I don't want to miss them, so I'll stay with Mom and Dad until they leave.  In other words:  I'm not being given much of a choice…

You're being held at gunpoint or something?  Or maybe your parents are threatening to cut you off if you don't entertain the guests?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 09:16:42 PM »

We have company coming in on Tuesday who will spend eight days.  I don't want to miss them, so I'll stay with Mom and Dad until they leave.  In other words:  I'm not being given much of a choice…

You're being held at gunpoint or something?  Or maybe your parents are threatening to cut you off if you don't entertain the guests?

Wrong. More elaborate free meals are being prepared during the company's (oddly long) stay, so it only makes sense that he would stay to take advantage of the meal situation.

An interesting question is whether Bushie is better off eating the homemade (but probably not too healthy, and probably with enormous portions) meals cooked by his mother, or eating on his own (which involves a lot of junk from "restaurants").
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 09:19:33 PM »

While I do want the family time and the delicious meals, I also don't want to do it night after night for a week.  However, my grandmother is from the old school thought that life stops whenever company comes in.  It doesn't matter that this particular set of family (Grandma's elder daughter and son-in-law) come visit 4-5 times a year.  I'm glad they come as often as they do, but I don't like having to eat with them night after night during their stay.  I have a life and I like to live my life. 

You're legally an adult, and there's nothing stopping you from putting your foot down and not going along with this.  4-5 times a year for about a week each time is pretty ridiculous.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 04:32:15 AM »

Update XXI: Bushie's "bunch of men"
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 12:39:46 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

you're a monster Cry

Now you know how it feels.  You've insulted me and put me down all these years, but you always get mad and deny it when I call you out on it and make me look like the bad guy.  The road goes both ways.  I don't feel a bit sorry for my post.

so rude Cry

Complains the guy who just called someone a monster?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 06:58:25 PM »

To me, the internet cannot replace face-to-face interaction with a sales clerk or a cashier.  It may be more convenient to buy online, but I am concerned with people's jobs, so I don't want to indulge in things that replace people's jobs if I can get away with it.

So you want to waste money you don't have to spend, so as to prop up the jobs of minimum wage workers, as if engaging in some kind of charity for them?  Do all Oklahomans think like this?  When did Oklahoma embrace communism?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 08:04:24 PM »

I've always lacked drive, determination, and follow through.

You should definitely include that statement on your resume.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 08:33:21 AM »

What aspect of Tulsa did you keep thinking about?  The healthy meals you'll be able to cook for yourself once you escape from the family dinners?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 09:57:51 PM »

The store smelt nice and fresh especially by the refrigerated section.

Update XXI: A nice and fresh-smelling refrigerated section
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2015, 12:54:08 AM »

Essential reading for Bushie:

http://io9.com/the-secrets-of-highly-efficient-napping-1680906145?google_editors_picks=true
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 08:19:24 PM »

I was being sarcastic. I'm not aware of Jeff buying such a thing, but the fact that it was being taken seriously kind of sums up the problem.

It's really not a good idea to just make stuff up like that, because people are going to believe it and start throwing it around as a real fact.

Good point.  It's a bit like the time Bushie ran over three cats with his car and set his house on fire.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2015, 08:39:13 PM »

God ultimately controls the temperature of the planet.  He has the thermostat in heaven and can warm it and cool it as He pleases.  After all, He created the planet.

It's supposed to be 100 degrees here in Perth tomorrow.  Is God trying to cook me alive?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2015, 10:37:43 PM »

Bushie, I don't think your current avatar is right for you. You've expressed (a lot of it today), that you:

• Oppose Gay Marriage

He came out in favor of that two years ago, didn't he?:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=171090.msg3669736#msg3669736
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2015, 10:53:22 PM »

Bushie, I don't think your current avatar is right for you. You've expressed (a lot of it today), that you:

• Oppose Gay Marriage

He came out in favor of that two years ago, didn't he?:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=171090.msg3669736#msg3669736

I am mistaken. His posting history does suggest he is not to big on the gays though.

I believe he's backtracked on that one.  Christians get ansy when they don't have someone to hate and blame their problems on.

He did largely backtrack, yes, at least partially.  He later endorsed Christie for president because Christie (mostly) opposes gay marriage, yet not enough to fight it in the courts:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=182005.msg3936591#msg3936591

Of course, the fact that Bushie supports Christie for prez (rather than a Carson or Cruz or Huckabee) probably makes him the most left-wing member of his family or social circle.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 05:30:29 AM »

Bushie, I am not going to press you for a detailed defense of your position, but can you clarify what is your position on gay marriage right now?  It is rather odd that you made a big deal out of coming out in favor of it in 2013, and then subsequently announced your support for Christie, specifically citing the fact that he was against gay marriage, but not enough to fight it in court.  And then last year, speaking of Allison, you said that she was "more open to gay marriage and more accepting of medical marijuana" than you are.

Are you one of the only people in the USA to more more towards "anti" on gay marriage over the past two years?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2015, 06:09:00 PM »

This will sound like a broken record and probably will not be believed, which I can't blame, but I am going to try to eat better and start cooking for myself when I get up to Tulsa this weekend.  I'm going to start with the dishes I know, such as scrambled eggs, macaroni and cheese (stove top kind), and spaghetti and then branch out into other dishes as time goes on.  I'm not going to set any kind of elaborate goal just yet, I want to get started first before I set my sights on loftier goals.

You wrote this a week ago.  Have you started doing this yet?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2015, 06:13:03 PM »

Maybe a bit of good news here, although it's not enough to warrant kudos or 'atta boys', or the like, but I went to get Braum's for supper, but the burger tasted terrible to me, so I had to throw out half the burger.  I still consumed all the fries and coke, but I threw half the burger in the trash.

Why were you eating at Braum's, when you said that once you'd return to Tulsa, you'd…?

This will sound like a broken record and probably will not be believed, which I can't blame, but I am going to try to eat better and start cooking for myself when I get up to Tulsa this weekend. 
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2015, 06:19:09 PM »

This will sound like a broken record and probably will not be believed, which I can't blame, but I am going to try to eat better and start cooking for myself when I get up to Tulsa this weekend.  I'm going to start with the dishes I know, such as scrambled eggs, macaroni and cheese (stove top kind), and spaghetti and then branch out into other dishes as time goes on.  I'm not going to set any kind of elaborate goal just yet, I want to get started first before I set my sights on loftier goals.

You wrote this a week ago.  Have you started doing this yet?

Not to this degree.  I bought the groceries, but I have yet to fix any of it.  I've already had my supper for tonight, but I hope to get started soon.

I think you should spend the next week planning the meals you're going to make for yourself.  Eat at Braum's every night during the week that you're planning.  No need to rush into things.  Once that week is over, you can reward yourself for your planning with another week or two of dinners at Braum's.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2015, 09:28:30 PM »

Yet, because of Jesus, I am guaranteed to go to heaven.  Nothing can ever change that, period.

What if you renounced Jesus before you died?  Do you still get in?

Also, what does "accepting His free gift of salvation" involve?  What did you actually have to do?  Just say the words "I accept His free gift of salvation"?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2015, 09:36:41 PM »

I plan to do exactly what you describe.  I don't have to do a complete 180.

I'm afraid you may be in such dire straits that a complete 180 wouldn't cut it.  You'll have to go all the way and do a complete 360.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2015, 08:24:50 AM »

I love the references to Our Dear Friend's 535 pound weigh in. It reminds me of Santorum's 29 point loss in 2006.

Or Bushie's 102 year old grandmother.

[In any case, it should be a 538 pound weigh in.  You guys forgot the District of Columbia.]
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2015, 09:25:41 AM »

Bushie, just don't post any more updates until you do one of these three things:

1) Prepare a meal for yourself that includes a vegetable.
2) Walk outside for at least 30 minutes straight.
3) Get a job.

If you don't do any of those things, you'll just get more negativity here (for good reason).
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies