Blair Candidacy Announcement for North-East Assembly-Final Rally
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 06:33:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Blair Candidacy Announcement for North-East Assembly-Final Rally
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Blair Candidacy Announcement for North-East Assembly-Final Rally  (Read 2052 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 25, 2015, 01:47:00 PM »
« edited: February 20, 2015, 07:57:59 AM by Rep.Blair »

Press Release by the Blair Campaign. 25/01/2015

'‘Associated reporters, colleagues and friends, I’m here today to announce my candidacy for the North-East Assembly. You may wonder why I’ve gathered you all in Boston’s fine public garden on a Sunday night, I assure you there is a good reason. Even in winter this very park represents the spirit of our nation. The father of liberty stands over us, the grass continues to grow and we can take creed from the fact that even on the coldest night progress is still possible.

We've achieved a great deal in the last couple of years; Emergency housing for the homeless, mandatory cameras for police and protection for workers. However I feel that now is the time for radical action,. I do not run to oppose any candidate, I do not run to appease any ideology and I do not run for personal satisfaction. I’m standing here today to share my vision for a more sustainable, a more equal and a more innovate society.  

Over the next month I will be taking this vision onto the streets to demonstrate the demand for fundamental changes in our society. My experience may be questioned but I assure you that issues I campaign on have been in my heart for a long time.

The first and foremost of these issues is the environment. The greatest threat we face here in Atlasia is global warming, and the effects of this crisis can be seen across the world-not just in the North East. For this reason we need bold and effective leadership to tackle the problem. If elected I intent to champion a number of policies.

-A green investment bank to provide loans for small businesses wishing to offer environmentally sustainable products, services or training.

-A green city project aimed at turning former-industrial cities into modern, sustainable urban areas with low car use, low carbon emissions and more green spaces.

-A focus on transport, 75% of oil is used for transport. For this reason we need to invest in alternative forms of transport ranging from hydrogen buses to ethanol cars.

I also intend not to base this campaign on single issues, and I assure you that my support for environmental issues will not stand in the way of representing people from all walks of society. Participation is the greatest tool we have in creating a better land. We need to emphasis the grass-roots of politics again, and namely ensure that the dispossessed in our society have not only a voice, but a powerful one too. For this reason I hearby promise to visit every single state in my campaign at least twice, and engage with Labor politicians, activists and members  across the country.

The path to public office is never easy, I expect to face tough opposition from my opponents but it would be an honour to be your Representative in the Assembly. Only then can we fight for the values that mean most to us and ensure that the vision of sustainable society doesn't die.  The words of Ulyssess come to mind as I begin this campaign.... 'Come now friends, it's not to late to seek a new world;

Good night, and thanks for coming down''

All questions will be answered in full
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 01:49:32 PM »

Obviously endorsed!
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 01:52:36 PM »

endorsed
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 02:24:52 PM »

It's wonderful to see a new member this engaged.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 08:16:06 PM »

Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 01:37:49 AM »

Very nice. You have my endorsement.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 01:55:44 PM »

Press Release by the Blair Campaign. 26/01/2015

Extracts from Speech to students from Massachusetts Institute of Technology

''It’s a pleasure to be welcomed to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and to see so many good folks turning out. Students have always been at the forefront of any social movement-German students stood up the terror of the Nazis, South African youths rallied against apartheid and our own students marched against the injustice of Jim Crow. I do not overreact when I say that you have the potential to change the world.

This change isn’t one that comes from an elected official, this change isn’t one that comes from a committee or a smoke filled room. This is change in its purest form, the grass roots. No doubt many have scoffed at the youthful determination of students, convinced that you will soon succumb to the cynicism of the world. But universities have always been a bastion of free thinking debate; a safe haven for those who wish to advance human knowledge. I know that if I get elected I’ll have to deal with people I disagree with, and that’s the most wonderful thing about any democracy. For this very reason it’s vital that all of you turn out and vote in the February elections. For too long students have be ignored, but I want to change this. I promise that if I’m elected I’ll not only represent students but adhere to a student manifesto that I’ll release later today-I couldn't let you guys have all the fun today.

Take this simple message from my speech today… students have the power to change the very society we live in. This power starts from the ballot box, and I ensure from there your political potential will only increase. Thank you.’’

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Press Release by the Blair Campaign. 26/01/2015

A Fresh Start for North-East Students
(1) A public jobs scheme, for any graduate out of work for 6 months. These jobs will be paid a living wage, and provide fulfilling opportunities
(2) A $100 Million scholarship scheme to encourage public service jobs to high skilled Graduates
(3) A complete ban on unpaid internships. All companies will be required to post internships-tax credits will be provided ensuring standards are meet.
(4) $100,000 will be provided to set up a student leadership council that will discuss key issues, and I promise to address this council every week.
(5) An expansion of a green innovation bank, where students carrying out degrees or research related to environmental issues will be provided with support and grants.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 02:53:47 PM »

Endorsed!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 12:49:58 PM »

Official Messages from the Blair Campaign 27/01/2015

'We stand in solidarity with all the people of the Northeast who have been affected by the extreme weather patterns. We remind all citizens to stay indoors where possible and wrap up warm. Today we've seen the positive power of the community as many have reached out to help the less able. Former Governor Winfield lead the efforts this morning, and deserves a shout out for this. We should take these continued signs of extreme weather seriously as evidence of man made climate change. I'll be detailing later this week radical environmental reforms to help curb the effects of climate change.'

'70 years ago Soviet Troops liberated the Nazi Concentration camp Auschwitz, the symbol of Nazi Tryanny. This message goes out in solidarity to Jews around the world, many of whom knew friends and family that perished in the worst act of violence ever seen in Human History. Today we should remember that there is nothing worse than to do nothing. Across Europe and America anti-Semitic attacks are on the rise, the far right are on the march in Germany and the evils of humanity remain across the world. But for today lets take a message of hope from the ashes of Terror, Atlasia has been a beacon for tolerance in the last 50 years;especially for Jewish Citizens. I hope this fine tradition continues, and I hope that we can all learn from the horrors of 70 years ago.'

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 02:40:19 PM »

Press release from the Blair Campaign 28/01/2015

Speech to New Hampshire Intertribal Native American Council

''‘Friends, for too long a great injustice has been allowed to settle in our very land; the treatment of Native Atlasians. This is not an injustice that cannot be solved by laws, this is not an injustice that can be solved by politics-as-usual and this is not an injustice that can be solved by the opening of a cheque book. For too long government has been held hostage by powerful interest groups who see natives as a mere distraction. Today this era ends, today we’re going to fight for the rights of native Atlasians across this land.

I was both shocked, and overwhelmed by the scenes from Pine Ridge, North Dakota where 5,000 natives marched for fundamental rights. The right to healthcare, the right to education and the right to dignity of life. We need a grass-roots effort to involve native Atlasians in every stage of society, for only then can change come. We start off in education, for that is the basket of nation. Natives are 237% more likely to drop out of school, 80% less likely to get a college degree and 16% more likely to attempt suicide. We need to incorporate native culture into schools to ensure that they feel part of society, we need to increase funding for training schemes to extend opportunities after school, and lastly we need to empower local communities into taking action.

The next issue is healthcare, without an adequate healthcare system no group of people can hope to prosper. We need targeted health programs to tackle issues like alcohol abuse, and ensure that all natives can access free healthcare. For this reason I propose two things; a direct tax on the alcohol industry, and more regulation on alcohol sales. Healthcare is the biggest issue facing natives, and I promise that any healthcare bills I propose will have specific measures to provide free healthcare for Native Americans.

Lastly we need economic empowerment to help lift native Atlasians out of poverty, and more importantly make sure that we don’t fall into the trap of simply creating low skilled jobs, and walking away. For this reason we need a specific Indian amendment to the civil rights bill, to protect natives against discrimination. We need a credit bank that gives loans and support to emerging native business such as eco-tourism, we need a new fair housing act that provides good affordable housing and we need real environmental protections to stop the toxic spread of pollution.

I warn you that today is not the end of poverty, it’s not the end inequality and it’s not the end of injustice. But today we’ve made a small step towards progress. As  Chief Joseph of the Nez Perce Tribe said lets work towards a day when ‘"We shall all be alike -- brothers of one father and one mother, with one sky above us, and one country around us, and one government for all.’’

Blair Campaign Policy Summary

1 )Introduce native cultural studies into schools with at least 5% native attendance
2 )Funding for native apprenticeship and graduate schemes.
3 )Awareness campaigns in communities, and leadership training to raise key native issues.
4 )Free Healthcare for Native Americans at health clinics
5 )Increased regulation of alcohol sales, and additional taxes to fund healthcare schemes.
6 )All Healthcare bills will have a specific section in relation to native Americans.
7 )A civil rights amendment to include native Americans, a New housing act to deal with housing issues
8 )£10 million credit bank to support Native businesses.
9 )Environmental protection for reservations, water supplies along with reductions in air pollution.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 12:00:18 PM »

Official messages from the Blair campaign 29/01/2015

''Friends, it's with great joy that today I announce my endorsement for the Senator Bore's run for the Presidency of Atlasia. Along with BK I'm sure that senator Bore can provide dynamic leadership that we need for this nation, more importantly this is the ticket that can unite us. The willingness by both Bore and BK to kick away partisan politics, and unite for a greater good should be a message for all of us. Friends we're going to have to campaign hard for the Presidency. POTUS is a worthy opponent, and should be respected. But let's dedicate ourselves to the ultimate goal;getting a progressive leadership into power across Atlasia.''

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blair unveils campaign bus-ran completely on hydrogen!

Blair talking to key adviser Gordon Brown on the campaign trail

TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 12:13:24 PM »

You want to ban unpaid internships? Endorsed.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 12:17:40 PM »

Endorsed.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2015, 12:18:05 PM »

You want to ban unpaid internships? Endorsed.

Sure do, they're an awful practice that exploit young workers, and only furthers the class divide
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2015, 10:43:55 AM »
« Edited: January 31, 2015, 01:16:11 PM by Blair2015 »

Official Messages from the Blair Campaign 31/01/2015

Extract from speech to pro-Kurd rally in New York

‘Friends, today you’re carrying out the finest tradition of our nation-the act of protest. It’s good to see people of all different races and age, because this isn’t simply a problem for Atlasians but for all those across the world who value justice, freedom and self-determination.

For too long your struggle has been ignored by the international community. Whilst many neighbouring countries gained independence from the ravishes of colonialism the Kurds were ignored, when the cold war raged the Kurds were ignored and finally when Saddam Hussein launched a holocaust against the Kurds the world ignored. But friends don’t lose faith from history, as we speak here thousands of our Kurdish brothers and sisters bravely fight against the Tyranny of Islamic State. Only with our support can they prevail, and only with our support can they forge out a legacy that is worthy of your struggle.

For this reason I urge the Senate to pass TNF's Kurdish Solidarity Act in the next couple of days, and I urge secretary of State POTUS to increase the aid, supplies and weapons going to our valiant Kurdish allies. I implore Turkey to stop their offensive against the Kurdish Workers Party, end the imprisonment of political prisoners and work towards the creation of a free Kurdistan.

A free Kurdistan will not come overnight, it will require many more moment s of toil but take creed from the fact that as a famous Massachusetts senator said ‘the cause endures, the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die.’

Long live a free Kurdistan
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2015, 04:00:09 PM »

Blair Speech to UWA union in Pittsburgh 02/02/2015

'Today in Atlasia we have opportunities in our labor market to continue on progress towards a truly equal society. I want to start by making this point; we’re extremely lucky to have such a strong union set up in this country. There many countries in the world were workers face harassment and violence for simply trying to join a union. Let’s take the words of Bill Brag as a guiding principle; there’s power in the union.

We’re in a position of strength with our unions, collective bargaining has been introduced on a large scale to allow all workers to have a united voice. Likewise the Co-determination Act of 2014 has opened the door to workers democracy. Whilst this scheme is great, I want to introduce it to smaller businesses with over 500 union employees. This will allow workers to play a real role in their workplace, and ensure that management no longer sees labor simply as a tool of production.

By putting union representatives in the boardroom we can ensure that workers gain even more rights at work, and also ensure that efficiency increases. We also need boardrooms to look more like the business they represent, this means we need better representation of women in the boardroom along with more ethnic minorities. To do this I would support a scholarship scheme for disadvantages minority and female students studying master degrees in business.

No doubt many critics will say that we’re handing over business to the workers, that we’re introducing Marxist polices, and most of all that we’re simply doing this to appease our members. But I stand here and tell you today ‘I support a strong workplace democracy because I support a strong economy’

We also need to push these policies out in further areas, let’s not take a limited view. CEO pay still remains at extortionate levels, for example at Walmart a worker would have to work 1,372 hours to reach the pay that CEO Michael T. Duke gets in one hour. Not only does Walmart allow this injustice to continue, but there’s been countless examples of where large TNC’s like Walmart have trampled employee’s basic rights, and even polluted local water supplies.

We can’t take a limited view on the big issues for our society but I assure you by improving union conditions we can make strides in these areas. For this reason I’d introduce a bonus tax to curb the excessive bonuses received by CEO’s, and reinvest this money in education, transport and healthcare to support a stronger workforce. The days of CEO’s getting bonuses larger than tax receipts are over.

We need a radical solution to the issues facing labor in this country, we need a radical solution to the job crisis and we need a radical solution to the spiralling inequality that we see in the business world. These policies help the transition towards true industrial democracy, only then can we approach the key issues in the workplace and society.''

Blair campaign policy announcements
1) Expansion of the Co-determination Act of 2014 to businesses with 500 employees, and extension of the pilot scheme.
2)Work towards boardrooms having 45% female representation, and members from ethnic minorities
3)A scholarship scheme for female and ethnic minority graduates studying business related subjects.
4)A 5% tax on CEO bonuses over $1,000,000
5)Increased fines for companies that deny union rights, pollute local environments and pay below the minimum wage
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 02:43:57 PM »

Official Messages from the Blair Campaign

'Today I voted for the recall of Assembly member SirNick. I did this after seeing the appalling comments that he posted about the departing GM, not only is it sickening to see such disregard for someone's well-being, but to attack someone who is facing personal issues is simply not appropriate. I see that SirNick has now resigned from office. I want to put the issue behind us, and move forward but I felt that I should justify my actions because a recall petition is serious move. I understand that some of you may find my actions extreme but I feel that in such extreme circumstances measures like this should be used'

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2015, 02:44:51 PM »

''Friends, it's with great joy that I can confirm that Governor Sawx has appointed me to fill out the remaining term in the Northeast Assembly. I'd like to thank the Governor for this great honour, and I promise to serve with dedication for the next 4 weeks. I'll continue to campaign for the full elections that are coming up, and I'll continue to offer a progressive vision. I hope that the people of the Northeast elect me to a full term in the coming election, and I hope that I can serve well. Thank you.''

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2015, 05:15:21 PM »

Speech to the Maine Medical Association

'Doctors, Nurses, medical professionals and esteemed guests. Today I want talk to you about a very important issue-health. Firstly I want to say that many candidates have proposed good schemes that provide free high quality healthcare for all. But we shouldn't take a linear view of this issue. As I've said before, politics isn't about single issues-it's about the connecting picture.

This is why we need to improve public health. We only need to look at the past to see the fruits of improving public health. Smoking levels have decreased by over 50% since the 1950's, this has been done by government led initiatives but also changes in culture. For example when Fracking started many citizens came out in protest against this awful practice, which destroys our environment and poisons our land. Likewise the Federal Government heard this call and  have limited any new developments. I want this to go further, which is why I propose a complete removal of all Fracking sites in the Northeast. I also intend to introduce plain package cigarette packaging as well to help reduce the toxic influence of smoking.

I want to show that the actions of our government will not be controlled by big business. Whether it's the tobacco, alcohol or the energy industry we need to stand up and say that for too long businesses have tramped over the health of citizens across the land. As I've said before I'm committed to windfall taxes on alcohol to fund equal opportunities, and I will use action where appropriate. We need to break the stranglehold that destructive business has over our communities. This is why I want to empower local communities to get involved in politics, and to stand up to the injustice that plagues are land.

Next week I'll be speaking about efforts to rebrand our cities, and in turn our public health. The quest for a healthier, happy society doesn't end tonight. Thank you.''

Policy announcements
1)Complete ban and removal of all fracking sites in the Northeast
2)Introduction of plain package cigarettes.
3)Commitment to windfall taxes on 'destructive businesses'
4)Empowerment of local communities, through devolved funds and actions
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2015, 01:25:04 PM »

Blair Campaign update

Friends today I visited the city of New Haven to talk about key issues affecting the area such as pollution, economic equality and transport. I met many people who shared my concerns about the need for a renewal in politics, and I meet many who believed that our progressive message can continue. I'd like to say as well that if I get re-elected I'll be back for the another plate of fish and chips'

Speaking to supporters in Bridgeport, Connecticut

'Friends, there's been recent uncertainty in the senate over the use of impeachment. As I've said there's been cases where it's been justified as with SirNick, and there's been cases as with POTUS where it appears to of been questionable. I understand the rules behind inactivity, but I feel that we need to make sure that we help cabinet officials take part. This means publicly saying that you want to see more activity from a player. I just don't want a mass purge of players, I think everyone will agree with me on this. We need reform.

I also want to say that in that in these difficult times we need real leadership, this includes a united ticket. Only Bore and King can provide the progress that Atlasia requires. We need a united ticket with the backing of broad coaliton, not a changing ticket with a narrow focus. Let's elected Bore, and let's embrace progress.

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2015, 10:42:34 PM »

Even though I'm no longer a citizen of the Northeast, that region remains dear to my heart.  You have shown great promise so far, and I enthusiastically endorse you for the Assembly election.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2015, 10:43:46 PM »

Endorsed
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2015, 03:56:32 AM »

Even though I'm no longer a citizen of the Northeast, that region remains dear to my heart.  You have shown great promise so far, and I enthusiastically endorse you for the Assembly election.

Many thanks to both of you Smiley
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2015, 05:29:49 AM »

Extract from a speech to the New York Working Families Group
 'Friends today I'd like to talk to you today on a theme that's  always been a problem for society-how do we get the most out of our government? Apathy is at an all time high, voters are moving in more polarized direction and here in the Northeast we've faced our own problems in the Assembly. When I talk to people on the streets they don't complain about personal rivalries or feuds-they talk about families struggling to make ends meet, they talk about urban centers decaying and they talk about how inequality continues to rise.

However, this is not a criticism of the Assembly. I'm proud that we've managed to get the Assembly moving again, and I wish to praise Speaker Matt and Governor Sawx for this. More importantly these two members show us that party lines should not stop us from moving towards a more efficient government. For this reason I promise that if I get re-elected to the Assembly I'll work with the TPP to forge a real legislative agenda and journey. We need unity to govern the Assembly, so in the name of progress I extend my hand no matter the result of the election

For those who doubt that the Assembly can be a progress voice in society-I say to you look what we've achieved in the last week. Safer cars for drivers, criminal reform and arts in schools. I've also proposed legislation that will hopefully be introduced soon dealing with Kurdistan and Student rights. This shows that the Assembly isn't a one trick pony-we can use government to work towards a more progressive society. This should be the fundamental goal not only for the labor party but for people everywhere. Thank you friends, and remember to vote progress this weekend.

Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2015, 09:57:12 PM »

You seem to be a very active dude. I will be endorsing you, although that doesn't mean that I agree with all the things you say.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies