Presidential Survivor Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:58:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Presidential Survivor Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Presidential Survivor Discussion  (Read 13726 times)
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« on: May 07, 2005, 10:17:16 AM »

As for the final five, I'm going to be the first to suggest that Cleveland and Mckinley may be dark horses.

Do we need to vote Grover off twice?

This round, FDR v. Bush, is the first truly partisan round.  LBJ is legitimately despised as President by many of us.  FDR's domestic fiscal policies may not be well liked, but he did deal with WWII properly.  I would imagine many of the people voting FDR off are looking to get rid of him in retaliation for the run on Bush.

Really, no one can judge W, Bubba, and Bush the Elder in a proper historical context at this point.  In 20 years we may live in a world where International Terrorism is all but forgotten and democracy in the Middle East is the accepted norm.  We are just now beginning to enter the phase where we can properly judge Reagan.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 05:35:21 PM »

As for the final five, I'm going to be the first to suggest that Cleveland and Mckinley may be dark horses.

Do we need to vote Grover off twice?

This round, FDR v. Bush, is the first truly partisan round.  LBJ is legitimately despised as President by many of us.  FDR's domestic fiscal policies may not be well liked, but he did deal with WWII properly.  I would imagine many of the people voting FDR off are looking to get rid of him in retaliation for the run on Bush.

Really, no one can judge W, Bubba, and Bush the Elder in a proper historical context at this point.  In 20 years we may live in a world where International Terrorism is all but forgotten and democracy in the Middle East is the accepted norm.  We are just now beginning to enter the phase where we can properly judge Reagan.

My point exactly.  I don't think W should necessarily win, but I think it's premature to be trying to get rid of him with so much dead wood left.  We have to make the Democrats pay dearly for their blind partisanship.

It's the Republicans, not the Democrats that have been showing blind partisanship in eliminating our modern Presidents in previous rounds.

People are not going after FDR in retaliation for anything.  The campaign against him started in Round 4!

Even in this round, the effort against GWB didn't start until it was obvious he was the only reason to save FDR. 

Round Four?  Pfft!  The move against W. started in Round One!

Also, FDR would be the third modern democrat, unless you are counting Wilson, who should be too early to count as modern.

I propose that we come together in the spirit of bipartisanship to see that Abraham Lincoln wins.  We should do this just to reaky, really piss someone off. 
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 05:45:19 PM »

I'm rooting for Grover Cleveland, personally.

I ask again, do we need to vot ehim out twice?
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 05:51:45 PM »

I'm rooting for Grover Cleveland, personally.

I ask again, do we need to vot ehim out twice?

Maybe he has immunity. Anyway, why do you want to vote him out?

He is not a particular target of mine, I just do not feel he belongs in the final few and want to know when his time comes, do we need to eliminate him twice.

If so, we should get rid of him once to level things out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies