If malcontents can whine the GM out of office (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:44:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  If malcontents can whine the GM out of office (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If malcontents can whine the GM out of office  (Read 1466 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: June 25, 2015, 10:40:48 AM »

What is this? Kal had nothing to do with their scheme. If Turkisblau wants to complain about "do-nothings" he can start with himself and his presiding over an Legislative Council that is still sitting on at least half a dozen bills proposed by yours truly that currently appear to have no chance of reaching the floor, which is so ineffective that it took nearly two weeks before anyone apparently noticed there hadn't been an election. I'm willing to own up to the fact I could have done more, but I'm not willing to stand around while abuse is heaped upon me by people who could have done the very same.

If Turkisblau was sincerely interested in changing things and being a force for positive change, he could have led as Speaker, which he once seemed to do, and presented a legitimate alternative to "the horrible status quo". He could have made that body a hub of activity in contrast to what he contends is gubernatorial lethargy. Instead- and by the admission of his own movement- it is almost more certainly more inactive than what he seeks to replace. Instead his personal machinations, founded on myopic aims, have made things worse, not better. I've suffered barely-concealed snipes and potshots from his direction in silence for a long while now--all while maintaining a public show of support for, mind you! But tolerance can only go so far, and this kind of gross hypocrisy far exceeds the bounds of such tolerance.

If the plotters and supporters of this scheme were so eager to see change, where were they before? Where were they in the Legislative Council? Where were they in the elections? If my leadership is so abysmal, why have I been twice re-elected with no organized opposition? This lack of action suggests to me that the people behind this plot were less interested in bringing positive change to the Pacific than they were interested in creating a bit of chaos for its own, ephemeral sake. It suggests to me that these people were aware that their criticisms, coming from them, could not hold water in the open, so they had to resort to this kind of silly subversion. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe they can do better and mean to do better. But in that case, where have they been? Where has the criticism been?

People have left the Pacific in droves. I've tried to reverse that through recruitment appeals every now and then (which was responded to with barely concealed punitive legislation from a certain someone/!), but the fact remains that well over a dozen people, I'd guess, have left, and I would say that number includes most of our better people. Averroes, oakvale, BaconKing (though he's back!), Lumine, even Cranberry, to name a few- all have left. I'm not saying they don't have a right to move- many moved to the Pacific from elsewhere-nor am I blaming them for what's happened, but it's not made things any easier. Maybe I am scaring them away- but then, again, why haven't any of them stood up and said "enough is enough" and challenged me directly?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 11:21:20 AM »
« Edited: June 25, 2015, 12:00:34 PM by Governor Simfan34 »

EDIT: Post(s) not directly pertaining to the topic at hand removed to a more appropriate thread.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 11:20:18 AM »

It is absolutely insane that Simfan is now pinning inactivity on me... who was the only one who was ever actually interacting with the Council and getting things passed. The few times you ever interacted, Simfan, was for you to drop in a ton of legislation/amendments for us to "debate" and vote on.

Can I mention that I never served with any councilors who would actually contribute a viewpoint?

So now I'm the reason for inactivity because I didn't pass like 10 pieces of legislation instantly? Do I need to explain to your how the Council works and what the "Rules of Order" state, oh but you made the Rules of Order so you know perfectly well that isn't possible.

Just because I'm the subject of outlandish charges by the bore Administration does not mean that I can be a scapegoat for the failures of your governorship.

What you've just said is pure gibberish. Only one legislative slot was filled at the time of your departure from office.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 02:41:16 PM »

It is absolutely insane that Simfan is now pinning inactivity on me... who was the only one who was ever actually interacting with the Council and getting things passed. The few times you ever interacted, Simfan, was for you to drop in a ton of legislation/amendments for us to "debate" and vote on.

Can I mention that I never served with any councilors who would actually contribute a viewpoint?

So now I'm the reason for inactivity because I didn't pass like 10 pieces of legislation instantly? Do I need to explain to your how the Council works and what the "Rules of Order" state, oh but you made the Rules of Order so you know perfectly well that isn't possible.

Just because I'm the subject of outlandish charges by the bore Administration does not mean that I can be a scapegoat for the failures of your governorship.

What you've just said is pure gibberish. Only one legislative slot was filled at the time of your departure from office.
Why don't you answer his questions?  Whether there was one or thirty one councillors when he left is irrelevant.

What question? Don't go around trying to make problems.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 04:09:10 PM »

HOUSE NEGRO
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies