Jill Stein's Disgusting Tweet about Hillary's health
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 10:39:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Jill Stein's Disgusting Tweet about Hillary's health
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Jill Stein's Disgusting Tweet about Hillary's health  (Read 2300 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2016, 06:33:28 AM »
« edited: September 09, 2016, 06:37:15 AM by Malcolm X »

Remind me again why she's better than Hillary?
She hates Hillary (by tweets like this). It is more than enough for Bernie-bros Smiley

How much real evidence is there that so-called "Bernie Bros" were ever actually a thing beyond some token pseudo-edgy internet morons that you see every cycle (ex: the r/ sanders crowd)?  It seems pretty inaccurate to paint all or even most of Sanders' supporters with that brush.  It certainly doesn't seem like most Sanders supporters are backing Stein (thank God).  If anything, it seems like most of Sanders' supporters (myself included) are planning to very reluctantly vote for Hillary.  At this point, idea of "Bernie Bros" seems to be more of an obsession of a few fanatical, sore-winner Hillary supporters (ex: IceSpear) than something that actually exists.  

For my part, I've never considered Stein an acceptable option, not even when I had been planning to vote write-in prior to Trump's attacks on the Khan family and learning about his ties (and those of his inner-circle) to Russia.  Stein is absolutely horrible!
Mapleman
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2016, 06:53:58 AM »

Stein has said some really inane things over the course of this campaign, but I'm not really sure what's so outrageous about this. It's not an especially clever or funny joke, but that's all that it is. And it's not even one that mockingly suggesting Clinton's health is a real concern. It looks more like a Jill Stein word salad than anything else.

I have to agree. While it is a bit unprofessional, it's nothing compared to what we've seen from other candidates.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2016, 06:54:51 AM »

She hates Hillary (by tweets like this). It is more than enough for Bernie-bros Smiley

How much real evidence is there that so-called "Bernie Bros" were ever actually a thing beyond some token pseudo-edgy internet morons that you see every cycle (ex: the r/ sanders crowd)?  It seems pretty inaccurate to paint all or even most of Sanders' supporters with that brush.  It certainly doesn't seem like most Sanders supporters are backing Stein (thank God).  If anything, it seems like most of Sanders' supporters (myself included) are planning to very reluctantly vote for Hillary.  At this point, idea of "Bernie Bros" seems to be more of an obsession of a few fanatical, sore-winner Hillary supporters (ex: IceSpear) than something that actually exists.  

For my part, I've never considered Stein an acceptable option, not even when I had been planning to vote write-in prior to Trump's attacks on the Khan family and learning about his ties (and those of his inner-circle) to Russia.  Stein is absolutely horrible!
While it is true, that most Sanders' supporters will vote for Clinton, it is also likely true that majority of those who say they will vote for Stein (in polls) are Bernie Bros. (according to 538 Johnson's supporters would split more or less evenly, while Stein's 2:1 towards Democrats).

Trump's ties to Putin? LOL
cMac36
Rookie
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2016, 04:18:02 PM »

-Stein supports right to employment, Clinton does not.  If you run out of unemp benefits Clinton is happy to see you go to jail or to the streets to beg.  To Clinton the Obama era that has seen black child poverty rise to 38% and private debt for under-35s to soar, nearly all new wealth to "top 1%" is some success story.

-Stein supports massive energy replacement/Federal jobs program to deal with above, and create Federal financing programs for worker cooperatives.  Also supports repeal of Taft-Hartley to restore NLRA to the pre-1947 version that saw the mass labor organization of private industry.

-Stein supports single-payer health care, Clinton supports pretending that the ACA works and is a universal program.  It doesn't and isn't, costs will continue to rise and chew up effective demand, while tens of millions remain priced out of market, in medical debt/bankruptcy, unable to afford pharmaceuticals.

-Not continuing to slaughter people in Syrian Civil war b/c they are pawns in US-Russian power struggle.

Could go on, will conclude w saying most of the Stein-hate is displaced hatred for Sanders, as he took the gloss off of Hillary in a way they weren't expecting when they drew up the 2016 nominating process as a coronation.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2016, 04:30:23 PM »

-Stein supports right to employment, Clinton does not.  If you run out of unemp benefits Clinton is happy to see you go to jail or to the streets to beg.  To Clinton the Obama era that has seen black child poverty rise to 38% and private debt for under-35s to soar, nearly all new wealth to "top 1%" is some success story.

-Stein supports massive energy replacement/Federal jobs program to deal with above, and create Federal financing programs for worker cooperatives.  Also supports repeal of Taft-Hartley to restore NLRA to the pre-1947 version that saw the mass labor organization of private industry.

-Stein supports single-payer health care, Clinton supports pretending that the ACA works and is a universal program.  It doesn't and isn't, costs will continue to rise and chew up effective demand, while tens of millions remain priced out of market, in medical debt/bankruptcy, unable to afford pharmaceuticals.

-Not continuing to slaughter people in Syrian Civil war b/c they are pawns in US-Russian power struggle.

Could go on, will conclude w saying most of the Stein-hate is displaced hatred for Sanders, as he took the gloss off of Hillary in a way they weren't expecting when they drew up the 2016 nominating process as a coronation.
I wouldn't say I hate Stein, but I definitely like her much less than Sanders. Sanders was someone who I could see not making a mess in the Oval Office (more than I could say of Stein), and his experience in Congress means that he knows how the system works, and could probably do at least a little that Stein couldn't (even if he still couldn't do much) in terms of forwarding the progressive agenda. The thing is, I still think that he wouldn't be a very effective Congressional leader (being to the left of pretty much everyone there), which is why I've always been a Sanders skeptic, even though I've always considered him a better candidate than Hillary (against Trump in particular, that is).
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2016, 02:28:42 AM »

While there is probably nothing wrong with Hillary's health, all this media outrage at anyone who dares suggest otherwise is starting to look suspicious. It should be remembered that the health situation of Presidents and Presidential candidates has been concealed before.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies