FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:42:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 65
Author Topic: FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation  (Read 86784 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: October 28, 2016, 09:32:26 PM »
« edited: October 28, 2016, 09:34:15 PM by Virginia »

I thought it would be Clinton +2.5 for the whole season, even when Trump was getting his convention/1st FBI bounce.  This reminds me of the Bush DUI more than anything else.  I now think Clinton will lose the electoral college and the PV could go either way.

Why have you doubted the polls? Isn't that the kind of behavior that made fools of numerous pundits/analysts when they said "nooo Trump won't win, it's ok."

Hillary has been ahead almost the entire time, and that was before early voting started. She has weathered worse storms so far. If you're right, then Trump should be up in the polls by the middle-end of next week. If he isn't, then you're wrong. Too many votes are being put away already. Trump would need a more aggressive lead and quick to win this.

Anyway, I think you're being way too dramatic here, and Polnut is right, and I don't mean any offense really but you've been obscenely pessimistic about any sort of convincing win, or even a Clinton win, for some reason.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #951 on: October 28, 2016, 09:33:29 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-fbi-clinton-email-probe-20161028-story.html

What a joke.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #952 on: October 28, 2016, 09:35:21 PM »

Eichenwald:
In my FBI story, I name every email account involved, every device, every person. Clinton not implicated in anything
https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/792192057863397377

http://europe.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton-emails-fbi-comey-donald-trump-anthony-weiner-huma-abedin-514918?rm=eu

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #953 on: October 28, 2016, 09:35:35 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2016, 09:37:25 PM by Virginia »

One last gift to his fellow Republicans before he is replaced by President-elect Clinton?

So first Obama decides not to boot DWS out of chair despite obvious problems, and DWS goes on to cause major problems with Clinton's campaign, then he puts a Republican in charge of the FBI, who goes on to wreak havoc on Clinton's campaign by breaking with long-standing FBI traditions on info. on investigations.

Some real boneheaded thinking Obama!
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #954 on: October 28, 2016, 09:35:59 PM »

So basically the story is "we already saw this, but we need to look at it again to make sure we saw it right the first time". That makes no sense.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #955 on: October 28, 2016, 09:37:45 PM »

So basically the story is "we already saw this, but we need to look at it again to make sure we saw it right the first time". That makes no sense.

It is ass-covering, so the GOP doesn't hound him after the election.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #956 on: October 28, 2016, 09:38:05 PM »

this is like wikileaks².

much noise about nothing at all but declaring it would 1) in the case of wikileaks disminish the news-factor and 2) in the case of comey eh.....tamper with the investigation?

Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #957 on: October 28, 2016, 09:38:37 PM »

Gee, Hillary must be real threatening to some people on this planet.

It's like, all they can think about is sticking it to her however they can.

And they've been trying for years and years.

But lo and behold, look where she is sitting....on the precipice of becoming the first female President of our country.

Guess there must be something she's been doing right in her life.

If emails is all they got then go for it. But doesn't looks as though it's enough to stop her from moving forward with her life, along with moving the country forward and growing along with her in our new trajectory.

You can't keep a good woman down for long. Wink

If there's one thing Hillary's proven it's that she's untouchable.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #958 on: October 28, 2016, 09:42:46 PM »

It's funny how by trying to cover his ass, Comey has dug a grave for his career.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #959 on: October 28, 2016, 09:44:56 PM »

One last gift to his fellow Republicans before he is replaced by President-elect Clinton?

Yep. And any Democrat who thought Comey was some kind of non partisan hero is sure looking dumb right now. And yes, before anyone comments, that includes our "wonderful" VP nominee that managed to lose a debate to Mike Pence of all people.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #960 on: October 28, 2016, 09:46:27 PM »

I thought it would be Clinton +2.5 for the whole season, even when Trump was getting his convention/1st FBI bounce.  This reminds me of the Bush DUI more than anything else.  I now think Clinton will lose the electoral college and the PV could go either way.

Why have you doubted the polls? Isn't that the kind of behavior that made fools of numerous pundits/analysts when they said "nooo Trump won't win, it's ok."

Hillary has been ahead almost the entire time, and that was before early voting started. She has weathered worse storms so far. If you're right, then Trump should be up in the polls by the middle-end of next week. If he isn't, then you're wrong. Too many votes are being put away already. Trump would need a more aggressive lead and quick to win this.

Anyway, I think you're being way too dramatic here, and Polnut is right, and I don't mean any offense really but you've been obscenely pessimistic about any sort of convincing win, or even a Clinton win, for some reason.

We'll see.  Perhaps I am overreacting or perhaps there is a really strong anti-Trump hit yet to come.  That having been said, I remember when you thought this would be another 1964, so you have clearly become more pessimistic with time as well.  Keep in mind that the economic/approval/war and peace fundamentals models basically have this election as a tie.  That's where I think this thing is going if this investigation makes her look equally as bad as Trump.  But Clinton will have a heck of a time with the EC if it's a tie (unless it's specifically all of the hesitant red state R's coming home).  

I think you just got an idea in your head... ie, if Trump wasn't down by 20% then it would be close, I don't think you've been unable to break yourself of that idea, given your rejection of data.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #961 on: October 28, 2016, 09:46:47 PM »

this internal comey letter is AMAZING.

pure madness.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #962 on: October 28, 2016, 09:48:04 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2016, 09:51:52 PM by Hammy »

I cannot believe the bed wetting that I have read from some members on the first 11 pages or so.
Some people just went hysterical-crazy like the world was ending.
Get a grip !

If Trump gets elected, the world is ending.

This is funny how easily are Hillary supporters triggered with this, despite repeating all over again "lol, doesn't matter".

And no, I don't think it's a game changer.

I'd probably be considered 'triggered' and think it absolutely matters--as I've said before the American voters are idiots. They'll have whatever opinion TV tells them to have.

This is exactly the type of 100% unscientific garbage #analysis AAD always mocks. LULZ OF COURSE TRUMP WILL WIN BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE SO STUPID

Care to tell me where in my statement I said any of that? I replied to somebody who said everybody was triggered while simultaneously saying there's nothing to worry about. You might want to actually put some thought into your replies instead of spewing strawman attack posts.

It was a parody so it's not exact, but the entire basis of your statement is "American voters are idiots" which is a verbatim quote.

The vast majority of people I have come across are that, they will believe whatever their preferred news station headline says, without reading into the entire article. Those people are idiots, and that makes up all but a very tiny number of people I've known.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #963 on: October 28, 2016, 09:48:53 PM »

Yep. And any Democrat who thought Comey was some kind of non partisan hero is sure looking dumb right now. And yes, before anyone comments, that includes our "wonderful" VP nominee that managed to lose a debate to Mike Pence of all people.

Considering that his statement after the investigation concluded was basically "I want to indict her, but there is no possible way that I can", it was clear that he's not non-partisan.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #964 on: October 28, 2016, 09:50:00 PM »

is this genius or silliness?

eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #965 on: October 28, 2016, 09:52:02 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2016, 09:56:47 PM by eric82oslo »

Either the Clinton team has hard evidence of Trump committing a crime or this is over.  I'm serious.

You've been ridiculous this WHOLE season, that's the only way to explain this.

You've argued that even at her peak, Clinton would win by 2-3% max, therefore it makes sense that you've gone off the deep end on this one.

He never got any convention bounce remember? He basically got a negative convention bounce because he was so utterly incompetent with everything he did with the convention, from plagiarizing Michelle Obama's speech to make Rudy Giuliani look worse than a cow which was just in the act of killing itself. I've never seen a more pathetic human being in my life than Giuliani screaming at the cameras at that point. Why didn't the psychiatric wards take action after that clearly psychotic speech he delievered??

Is this really considered normal behaviour? Cause in Europe it sure is not! Not even 33% of it would be considered normal, let alone the unhinged scary movie scoop that he managed to pull through. One Cockoo Over The Giuliani's Nest for sure.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #966 on: October 28, 2016, 09:52:49 PM »

"Jason Chaffetz made me his b*tch"
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #967 on: October 28, 2016, 09:56:10 PM »

I cannot believe the bed wetting that I have read from some members on the first 11 pages or so.
Some people just went hysterical-crazy like the world was ending.
Get a grip !

If Trump gets elected, the world is ending.

This is funny how easily are Hillary supporters triggered with this, despite repeating all over again "lol, doesn't matter".

And no, I don't think it's a game changer.

I'd probably be considered 'triggered' and think it absolutely matters--as I've said before the American voters are idiots. They'll have whatever opinion TV tells them to have.

This is exactly the type of 100% unscientific garbage #analysis AAD always mocks. LULZ OF COURSE TRUMP WILL WIN BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE SO STUPID

Care to tell me where in my statement I said any of that? I replied to somebody who said everybody was triggered while simultaneously saying there's nothing to worry about. You might want to actually put some thought into your replies instead of spewing strawman attack posts.

It was a parody so it's not exact, but the entire basis of your statement is "American voters are idiots" which is a verbatim quote.

The vast majority of people I have come across are that, they will believe whatever their preferred news station headline says, without reading into the entire article. Those people are idiots, and that makes up all but a very tiny number of people I've known.

Well then it really sucks that there aren't any negative stories about Trump constantly in the news or anything like that.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #968 on: October 28, 2016, 09:57:38 PM »

Honestly how on Earth is this even a scandal? This is basically what I understand:

-FBI investigates Weiner.
-FBI finds more emails between Hillary and Huma on it.
-The emails had nothing to do with her private email server.

So basically the scandal is...Hillary sent some emails to someone who worked for her who happened to be married to a perverted guy?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #969 on: October 28, 2016, 09:59:48 PM »

Honestly how on Earth is this even a scandal? This is basically what I understand:

So basically the scandal is...Hillary sent some emails to someone who worked for her who happened to be married to a perverted guy?

Because emails attract ratings, which really goes along with what I've said about idiots and the media.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #970 on: October 28, 2016, 09:59:48 PM »

1. Some people need a reason to panic 24/7
2. The media needs to try and set a horse race narrative
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #971 on: October 28, 2016, 10:00:08 PM »

We'll see.  Perhaps I am overreacting or perhaps there is a really strong anti-Trump hit yet to come.  That having been said, I remember when you thought this would be another 1964, so you have clearly become more pessimistic with time as well.  Keep in mind that the economic/approval/war and peace fundamentals models basically have this election as a tie.  That's where I think this thing is going if this investigation makes her look equally as bad as Trump.  But Clinton will have a heck of a time with the EC if it's a tie (unless it's specifically all of the hesitant red state R's coming home).  

I don't know if 1964 is an adequate example. I always thought a lower-double digit win was doable and I still do, but I underestimated how much baggage Clinton really has & given the ratings-hungry nature of the media, things have to work out just right leading into election day for that to happen. I don't at all buy the idea that each party automatically gets 44% or 45% of the electorate no matter what. I'm sure there is a hard base, but it's not that high.

Also, iirc, the idea of fundamentals assumes a normal, generic Republican running a normal campaign. Trump is/has neither. He's quite possibly an example of the one candidate they could put up who would lay waste to that theory.

Here's the only realistic scenarios in my opinion, and feel free to quote me on it:

a) Her polls will drop and stabilize around low (1-3) single digits and if nothing else happens, it will probably trend slightly up right before election day.

b) Her polls start to dip, but whatever remaining oppo is dropped next week and either her numbers stabilize where they were pre-Comey or they go higher, depending on severity of oppo. Or oppo is dropped this weekend and we don't really see the effect of today's events if it's bad.

c) There is no more magical Trump oppo and Clinton gets hammered with more Wikileaks stuff and by election day Trump takes a lead, but it's too late due to early voting.

Either way, I don't see how The Orange One wins at this point.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #972 on: October 28, 2016, 10:00:20 PM »

no.

the "scandal" is, that the FBI is looking at those mails for reasons of curiosity and we are reminded that her mails are a scandal in the first place and have been bad.

otherwise this is about nothing, just the fact that the FBI has anything to do at all should hurt her in an extreme way or so.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #973 on: October 28, 2016, 10:00:41 PM »

He was smart enough to know how f'd up it would be and still went through with it. Well, it's Halloween season and the Hildebeast is Comey-ng to get you, James.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #974 on: October 28, 2016, 10:00:55 PM »

Trump is still going to lose. I'm not sure like anyone thinks otherwise, since this whole "scandal" doesn't even have any evidence of wrongdoing or a crime.

Sure a lot of people cant find it in their head to vote for Trump. But the friggin optics is bad and probably causes a mixture of people who wont vote for hillary now and will stay home l vote for trump if their undecided, or were going to vote for hillary but now switching to trump or republicans who have been reenergized by this headline. Enough to make make her victory be more meager now. Every election theres a large amount of people whose opinions change easily and are crucial.

This is pretty clearly going to fade quick, except as a godawful screw up by Comey. Trump does things just as damaging every day. And I'm still waiting for a last week kill shot.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies