FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 02:43:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 65
Author Topic: FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation  (Read 86776 times)
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1000 on: October 28, 2016, 10:25:14 PM »

41 pages? LOL

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1001 on: October 28, 2016, 10:25:25 PM »

Honestly how on Earth is this even a scandal? This is basically what I understand:

-FBI investigates Weiner.
-FBI finds more emails between Hillary and Huma on it.
-The emails had nothing to do with her private email server.

So basically the scandal is...Hillary sent some emails to someone who worked for her who happened to be married to a perverted guy?

Because emails attract ratings, which really goes along with what I've said about idiots and the media.

Then how did Obama get elected with all those silly non-scandals about him? Did everyone just turn into idiots now?

They weren't legitimized outside of right-wing news--CNN and other similar 'reputable' outlets have legitimized the Clinton 'scandals' by giving them equal or more coverage to Trump.

LOL you mean the mainstream news never talked about Jeremiah Wright?

And that was happening the whole time this season and Hillary was up double digits. You seem to base your thoughts on knee-jerk pessimism and nothing scientific. That's really the issue here and why I summed up all your logic as "People are stupid and therefore Trump will win". You should go see how people who bet on things like that instead of actual scientific methods do on sites like PredictIt (not to brag but I've made well over 3x my initial investment on it.)

"People are stupid and therefore Trump could win is more my thinking at the moment. It all depends on the media narrative and how large the pool of idiots is in the undecideds/soft Clinton support.  And my thoughts are based on personal experience more than anything.

And no, I don't recall Jeremiah Wright being covered almost wall-to-wall two weeks before the election by non-rightist sites.

Then why are you saying you are for certain done with this country and even apparently not even voting now because it's so pointless like Trump's election is a dead certainty?
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1002 on: October 28, 2016, 10:28:26 PM »

Accurate.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1003 on: October 28, 2016, 10:29:11 PM »

Honestly how on Earth is this even a scandal? This is basically what I understand:

So basically the scandal is...Hillary sent some emails to someone who worked for her who happened to be married to a perverted guy?

Because emails attract ratings, which really goes along with what I've said about idiots and the media.

Then how did Obama get elected with all those silly non-scandals about him? Did everyone just turn into idiots now?

They weren't legitimized outside of right-wing news--CNN and other similar 'reputable' outlets have legitimized the Clinton 'scandals' by giving them equal or more coverage to Trump.

And that was happening the whole time this season and Hillary was up double digits. You seem to base your thoughts on knee-jerk pessimism and nothing scientific. That's really the issue here and why I summed up all your logic as "People are stupid and therefore Trump will win". You should go see how people who bet on things like that instead of actual scientific methods do on sites like PredictIt (not to brag but I've made well over 3x my initial investment on it.)

"People are stupid and therefore Trump could win is more my thinking at the moment. It all depends on the media narrative and how large the pool of idiots is in the undecideds/soft Clinton support.  And my thoughts are based on personal experience more than anything.

And no, I don't recall Jeremiah Wright being covered almost wall-to-wall two weeks before the election by non-rightist sites.

Then why are you saying you are for certain done with this country and even apparently not even voting now because it's so pointless like Trump's election is a dead certainty?

Because earlier when this broke it looked like it was a real thing before utterly unraveling, and I have not changed my signature (which I should probably do now.)
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1004 on: October 28, 2016, 10:30:30 PM »

This election is now close to being over. Trump recovering in the polls, Email investigation, and stocks dropping should be enough for him to win.
Goodbye economy on November 8th, you won't be seeing a good one again until 2025.

Maybe not ever. America will be a developing nation like the Philippines.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1005 on: October 28, 2016, 10:31:38 PM »

wall street is cooling down.

Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1006 on: October 28, 2016, 10:31:53 PM »

This election is now close to being over. Trump recovering in the polls, Email investigation, and stocks dropping should be enough for him to win.
Goodbye economy on November 8th, you won't be seeing a good one again until 2025.

It's bad enough this thing is still going ... do we need to revisit these suicidal posts?
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1007 on: October 28, 2016, 10:33:04 PM »

Trading was basically flat for the day. who care
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1008 on: October 28, 2016, 10:34:54 PM »

Because earlier when this broke it looked like it was a real thing before utterly unraveling, and I have not changed my signature (which I should probably do now.)

Here's the thing you got to understand:

If someone said something like "Well of course the Cubs won't win the World Series, they never can!" on some general or non-sports forum, you can probably get away with it. But if you went on one of those Fantasy Sports forums where people obsessively follow player stats and make projections based on models that take into account the weather, people would laugh at you and mock you, and I know some will even ban you for stuff like that.

Similarly knee jerk pessimism of "Trump will win because people are so stupid, I don't care what the polls say" might be something that's not controversial in non-political circles, but on a forum as nerd and election stat-obsessed as this one, people aren't going to be swayed by that or appreciate it. We have posters here (including myself) who are betting hundreds or even thousands of dollars on election results based on statistical and scientific models and are mocking Nate Silver for not being stat-based enough. Saying all those don't matter just because "people are stupid" will clearly not win you accolades amongst such a crowd.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1009 on: October 28, 2016, 10:35:34 PM »

LOL THAT'S what people are calling some sort of stock plummet? That's basically statistically negligible.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1010 on: October 28, 2016, 10:36:44 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2016, 10:43:19 PM by Arch »

Lo and behold my friends, the backfire. Huffington Post Front Page:

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1011 on: October 28, 2016, 10:36:50 PM »

It's bad enough this thing is still going ... do we need to revisit these suicidal posts?

Economic report that came out today shows the most growth in two years--the economy will not have any bearing on the election unless we have a massive crash like 1929 suddenly.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1012 on: October 28, 2016, 10:38:05 PM »

Lo and behold my friends, the backfire.

Probably will be a complete non-issue in the end, since all trending measures are showing that Elon Musk's solar roof is generating more interest than this.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1013 on: October 28, 2016, 10:38:23 PM »

The more I explore online, it really seems like folks are more pissed off with the timing of this rather than what the content actually is.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1014 on: October 28, 2016, 10:39:28 PM »

Here's the thing you got to understand:

If someone said something like "Well of course the Cubs won't win the World Series, they never can!" on some general or non-sports forum, you can probably get away with it. But if you went on one of those Fantasy Sports forums where people obsessively follow player stats and make projections based on models that take into account the weather, people would laugh at you and mock you, and I know some will even ban you for stuff like that.

Similarly knee jerk pessimism of "Trump will win because people are so stupid, I don't care what the polls say" might be something that's not controversial in non-political circles, but on a forum as nerd and election stat-obsessed as this one, people aren't going to be swayed by that or appreciate it. We have posters here (including myself) who are betting hundreds or even thousands of dollars on election results based on statistical and scientific models and are mocking Nate Silver for not being stat-based enough. Saying all those don't matter just because "people are stupid" will clearly not win you accolades amongst such a crowd.

Your point is valid, but am here mainly to add my two cents and not win accolades. And again I'm not saying Trump -will- but simply -could- win, i.e. I'm not ruling out the possibility of the polls trending his way if people are stupid enough to buy into media narrative when the next batch comes out.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1015 on: October 28, 2016, 10:41:57 PM »

When Mel Gibson and "Bye Bye Birdie" are trending more than this "scandal" Smiley
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1016 on: October 28, 2016, 10:42:04 PM »

Where does this come from?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1017 on: October 28, 2016, 10:42:16 PM »

CNN's front page is surprisingly not that different, they even have a front page link to an opinion piece calling for Comey to resign.

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1018 on: October 28, 2016, 10:42:59 PM »

HuffPo. I'll update to reflect the clarification.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #1019 on: October 28, 2016, 10:44:18 PM »

Lo and behold my friends, the backfire. Huffington Post Front Page:

#lockhimup
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1020 on: October 28, 2016, 10:49:56 PM »

LOL THAT'S what people are calling some sort of stock plummet? That's basically statistically negligible.

As I had pointed-out early in this thread, the people crying wolf that the stock market was "reacting" were full of manure.
As you can see from the data above (in the image) the market range for all of today was from 18,094 to 18,257 (then closing at 18,161).
Just a normal market day.
For those who know how to read the markets, there is nothing to see here.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #1021 on: October 28, 2016, 10:52:54 PM »

Do you think there is good chance that Comey will resign?

If not, he's obligated to do some sort of presser, right?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1022 on: October 28, 2016, 10:54:03 PM »

I don't care for a presser or an apology at this point. I want a RESIGNATION. He deserves no less.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #1023 on: October 28, 2016, 10:55:46 PM »

I don't care for a presser or an apology at this point. I want a RESIGNATION. He deserves no less.

Met too, but do you really think he'll resign?

Is there really that much pressure building up on him?
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #1024 on: October 28, 2016, 10:57:34 PM »

I hate Huffington Post's sensationalist coverage, they're the worst of the worst. I feel physically sick every single time I see one of their headlines. And I'm only 33, meaning I should be exactly the kind of reader they would want to go after.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies