There's actually some pretty astonishing results beyond the "omfg Trump won"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 06:37:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  There's actually some pretty astonishing results beyond the "omfg Trump won"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: There's actually some pretty astonishing results beyond the "omfg Trump won"  (Read 3688 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2016, 11:17:11 PM »

If Hillary wins the popular vote, I will consider her the winner of the election, as more people voted for her than Trump.

You matter.

Not my President.
He is now. Say it with me PRESIDENT-ELECT DONALD THE PUSSYGRABBER.

Been saying it for the last 24 hours. President-elect Don T Pussygrabber.

Fixed yours for you, btw.
TheElectoralBoobyPrize

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2016, 11:29:32 PM »

So was Trump's modest Texas margin really due to any demographic trends or just to a sizable number of NeverTrumpers (i.e. suburban, educated, and fiscally/economically conservative)?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2016, 11:30:57 PM »

California's vote is down about 4 million from 4 years ago.

Yes, our vote totals crash about 4 million every Presidential election until they finish counting them.

Politico says 100% reporting. Right now not counting write-in votes they have 8.92 million votes recorded. In 2012, they had 13.05 million votes.

In the last election they didn't count my vote for about a month.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2016, 11:36:04 PM »

California's vote is down about 4 million from 4 years ago.

Yes, our vote totals crash about 4 million every Presidential election until they finish counting them.

Politico says 100% reporting. Right now not counting write-in votes they have 8.92 million votes recorded. In 2012, they had 13.05 million votes.

In the last election they didn't count my vote for about a month.

Sounds like grounds to fire the Secretary of State for incompetence.

That's a lot of my problem with having national popular vote. Right now, we internalize states' ineptitude to that state. If California are sh**tty at their job of counting votes, keeping an accurate electoral roll, it only affects Californians. I think it was longtime Democratic strategist Pat Caudill that once said during election coverage "in Minnesota, if they say you won by one vote, you won by one vote": they do their job incredibly well running and maintaining an election. That's not close to true for a lot of states, and everyone should be required to become like Minnesota, don't give a damn if you have 15 million registered voters.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2016, 11:39:21 PM »

So was Trump's modest Texas margin really due to any demographic trends or just to a sizable number of NeverTrumpers (i.e. suburban, educated, and fiscally/economically conservative)?

A mix of both, but if we look at county level returns, it appears that many Texan Latinos that traditionally voted Republican voted Democrat, combined with increased registration and turnout levels in heavily Latino counties....

If the shift was more #NeverTrumpers we would have seen bigger swings in the Anglo suburbs of Houston (Montgomery County), DFW (Denton & Collins), Austin (Williamson), etc....

Difficult to totally digest yet, but I think Harris and Bexar tell the story.....

Travis (Austin) might be the exception in terms of a huge swing of college educated Anglos, but the jury is still out, considering that there is a large Latino presence that has been historically second class citizens to the point last time I was out there, a story was in the local weekly rag about how city council districts and housing discrimination created certain districts of the city where "Latinos" and "Blacks" were basically forced to live in as a result of housing discrimination, and the political system was still designed to keep Black and Brown on certain sides of Town...
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2016, 11:39:38 PM »

imho, both.

texas is still the best republican state regarding embracing latinos.

arizona on the other hand doubled down on "those people never vote" and got saved by the red wave.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2016, 11:51:12 PM »

A mix of both, but if we look at county level returns, it appears that many Texan Latinos that traditionally voted Republican voted Democrat, combined with increased registration and turnout levels in heavily Latino counties....

Yet the Rio Grande Valley swung fairly heavily toward Trump.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2016, 12:04:10 AM »

3rd party votes by states, a selection of the highest. All of these don't count write-in votes.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So it looks like Bernie Sanders took 3rd in Vermont, Evan McMullin took 3rd in Utah and Idaho, and Gary Johnson took 3rd everywhere else. No 3rds for Jill Stein.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies