Eternal Sunshine of the Democratic Mind
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 06:51:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Eternal Sunshine of the Democratic Mind
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17]
Author Topic: Eternal Sunshine of the Democratic Mind  (Read 54917 times)
Duke of York

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: February 02, 2018, 12:33:17 AM »

You win the award for best gif. Thats how I want to feel election night 2020.
You really captured his narcissism.

Also, I hope this is how it plays out in 2020. Like, I'm legit considering sending this to Harris and telling her she should do this.

I sure hope she gets elected President

I would love to see what the results were of the governor and congressional elections too.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #401 on: February 02, 2018, 03:08:04 PM »

Kamala
November 4th, 2020
2:22 AM

“Hello Mr. President.”

“What a race, huh? We should do it again sometime,”
President Trump said jokingly.

“You certainly gave it everything you had, this was a hard fought election and I can understand how hard this call might be for you to make.”

“Oh I’m going to be fine. You’re the one with the mess now. But, I think you ran a great race and I’m looking forward to see what you do.”

“That is very reassuring to hear, Mr. President, thank you.”

“Anything I can do to help with the transition, just let me know, we’ll take care of it. Oh and I’m not going to be speaking tonight, I’m doing that in the morning, but you can tell everyone this was a gracious call and everything and you should go out there and give your big speech. Congratulations again, and good luck.”

“Thank you, Mr. President. I look forward to your guidance.”

And that was it. The President of the United States had just conceded his job to her, and now she was going to tell that hundreds of millions of Americans. Her team had just finished the final edits of her victory speech, and she looked the words incredulously as someone put the hard copy in her hand. She had to be insane to want this, didn’t she? Over 70 million people had just entrusted her with America. She would now be responsible for their jobs, their health, their lives, everything. She couldn’t let them down.

“...and it is my honor to introduce to you now the President-Elect of the United States of America, Kamala Harris!”

Then, Kamala did the craziest thing she had ever done in her life. She stepped forward onto the stage.
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #402 on: February 02, 2018, 08:10:20 PM »

I hope Trump acts like this should he lose in November 2020.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #403 on: February 03, 2018, 02:55:35 PM »

Marco
November 4th, 2020
11:46 AM

The junior Senator from Florida stared up at the television screen. Like many Republicans last night, Marco Rubio was still in shock. Agony. Confusion. The White House, the Senate, and the House were all gone. Democrats gained four seats in the Senate to take a 52-48 majority, and they were going to have a 5-9 seat majority in the House, depending on the final winners in the remaining uncalled races. Every governorship held for the incumbent party, despite the competitive races in Missouri, Montana, Indiana, Vermont, North Carolina, and New Hampshire.

Trump ended up carrying Pennsylvania in the end, but he had lost Arizona by a margin of 0.4%. Well, at least it hadn’t come down to just one state. In a way, that might have been more painful. Kamala Harris so far had a popular vote lead of about 3%, but it continued to grow as more votes from the West coast came in. He had been told that The New York Times’ model was projecting a final popular vote total of Harris 50.9%, Trump 46.2%, and third parties 2.9%, amounting to a 4-5 point win.

Kamala Harris/John Hickenlooper - 288 Electoral Votes
Donald Trump/Mike Pence - 250 Electoral Votes

Marco Rubio thought that President Trump’s concession speech that morning was surprisingly gracious and ordinary, considering what everyone had expected from him. Not since his lavenous pool party days had Marco experienced such a mixed wave of emotions. However, unlike many Republicans that night, he also sensed something quite different: Opportunity. Kamala Harris’ victory looked right back at him mockingly, but he had already moved on in his mind to the future.

He knew just as well as anyone that the 2024 presidential race had already begun. Any minute not spent planning his run was now a minute wasted, and falling behind his potential competitors. He remembered the mistakes he made the first time around in 2016, and how that had cost him the nomination. This time, however, he would do it right.

----------------------------------------------------------

This has been “Eternal Sunshine of the Democratic Mind”. Thank you for everyone that followed along and read through this whole thing. It feels really good to finally finish this. I hope you have all enjoyed it.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #404 on: February 03, 2018, 03:01:46 PM »

This was an absolutely amazing timeline!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #405 on: February 03, 2018, 03:04:19 PM »

Rand Paul 2024!
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #406 on: February 03, 2018, 03:06:14 PM »

This was an absolutely amazing timeline!
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #407 on: February 03, 2018, 03:32:34 PM »

Great TL!  Amazing job Castro!
MycroftCZ

« Reply #408 on: February 03, 2018, 03:34:40 PM »

Loved it.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #409 on: February 03, 2018, 03:35:36 PM »

#LilMarco4Ever
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #410 on: February 03, 2018, 04:09:00 PM »

Not since his lavenous pool party days had Marco experienced such a mixed wave of emotions.

This made me laugh out loud

P.S. This TL started at the end of 2016 and it's finally over. This was the first TL i started following on Atlas, so it's bittersweet to see it come to an end. It was so great, Castro! Can't wait for more content from you!
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #411 on: February 03, 2018, 04:17:43 PM »

Can you please give us an overview of the 2020 senate and house results.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #412 on: February 03, 2018, 04:22:30 PM »

This ending, with the reference to Gillibrand's PoV, was brilliant. I guess it means Rubio will lose the primary in 2020, too Tongue Well done, this has been a great TL!
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #413 on: February 03, 2018, 04:34:19 PM »

Marco
November 4th, 2020
11:46 AM

The junior Senator from Florida stared up at the television screen. Like many Republicans last night, Marco Rubio was still in shock. Agony. Confusion. The White House, the Senate, and the House were all gone. Democrats gained four seats in the Senate to take a 52-48 majority, and they were going to have a 5-9 seat majority in the House, depending on the final winners in the remaining uncalled races. Every governorship held for the incumbent party, despite the competitive races in Missouri, Montana, Indiana, Vermont, North Carolina, and New Hampshire.

Trump ended up carrying Pennsylvania in the end, but he had lost Arizona by a margin of 0.4%. Well, at least it hadn’t come down to just one state. In a way, that might have been more painful. Kamala Harris so far had a popular vote lead of about 3%, but it continued to grow as more votes from the West coast came in. He had been told that The New York Times’ model was projecting a final popular vote total of Harris 50.9%, Trump 46.2%, and third parties 2.9%, amounting to a 4-5 point win.

Kamala Harris/John Hickenlooper - 288 Electoral Votes
Donald Trump/Mike Pence - 250 Electoral Votes

Marco Rubio thought that President Trump’s concession speech that morning was surprisingly gracious and ordinary, considering what everyone had expected from him. Not since his lavenous pool party days had Marco experienced such a mixed wave of emotions. However, unlike many Republicans that night, he also sensed something quite different: Opportunity. Kamala Harris’ victory looked right back at him mockingly, but he had already moved on in his mind to the future.

He knew just as well as anyone that the 2024 presidential race had already begun. Any minute not spent planning his run was now a minute wasted, and falling behind his potential competitors. He remembered the mistakes he made the first time around in 2016, and how that had cost him the nomination. This time, however, he would do it right.

----------------------------------------------------------

This has been “Eternal Sunshine of the Democratic Mind”. Thank you for everyone that followed along and read through this whole thing. It feels really good to finally finish this. I hope you have all enjoyed it.

I enjoyed the whole thing. I'd be interested in the State results. I think she would flip Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. I hope this would be the outcome in 2020. Hope she wins by a bigger margin. It looks the electoral college was in Trump's favor. She is projected to win the popular vote by 5. Florida appear to be within 2. Lost Texas by about 5. Still if this is the results Republicans should start worrying. I'm guessing the tipping point State is either Florida or Michigan.
MRX
Rookie
« Reply #414 on: February 03, 2018, 09:02:02 PM »

Bravo!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #415 on: February 03, 2018, 09:27:01 PM »

Great work! It would be great to see a short epilogue of what happened afterwards, but I get it if you want to end it here.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #416 on: February 04, 2018, 02:40:09 AM »

The title finally makes sense.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #417 on: February 04, 2018, 03:16:55 AM »

BigVic
Australia

« Reply #418 on: February 01, 2021, 02:20:31 AM »

I hope Trump acts like this should he lose in November 2020.

Sadly he didn’t IOTL. Harris is the real Veep
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies