Southern Chamber of Delegates Thread-Introduce Legislation Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:51:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Southern Chamber of Delegates Thread-Introduce Legislation Here
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Author Topic: Southern Chamber of Delegates Thread-Introduce Legislation Here  (Read 10472 times)
diptheriadan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 24, 2017, 09:40:15 PM »
« edited: May 22, 2017, 10:34:34 PM by Dipper »

Quaerite Prime Regnum Dei
(Seek ye first the kingdom of God)

Chamber of Delegates
Nashville, Tennessee

This shall serve as the official legislative/administrative thread for the Southern Chamber of Delegates.

Governor: NeverAgain (Labor-Virginia)
Secretary of Elections: Peebs (Labor-North Carolina)
Attorney General: OneJ_ (Labor-Mississippi)
Speaker of the Chamber of Delegates: fhtagn (Federalist-North Carolina)
Deputy Speaker: Southern Gothic (Labor-Louisiana)
Members of the Chamber of Delegates: Ben Kenobi (Atlas Conservative Party-Texas), fhtagn (Federalist-North Carolina), JustinTimeCuber (Labor-Missouri), Southern Gothic (Labor-Louisiana), TimTurner (Labor-Texas)

Legislation on the Floor-
Free Range Prison Act(dfwlibertylover & Ben Kenobi)
Charter Schools Act (Ben Kenobi)

Legislation Passed-
Southern Heritage Act(Ben Kenobi)
Leinad Appreciation Act(Ben Kenobi)
Rules and Procedures of the South Legislature(NeverAgain)
The Southern Budget, 2017(Ben Kenobi)
Southern Ban on Euthanasia (Ben Kenobi)
Amendment to Section IV of the Chamber Rules and Procedures(diptheriadan)
The Department of Justice Act(diptheriadan)
Choose Life Act(Santander)
Body Camera Act of 2016-Reintroduced(Ben Kenobi)
South Aborting Regulation Act(diptheriadan)
Blue Law Cessation and Alcohol Standardization Act(diptheriadan)
Privacy is a Good Thing Act(Leinad)
New Holidays Act(Leinad)
Collaborative Regional Symbols Act(Leinad)
Southern Property Usage Act(1184AZ)
Elimination of the Death Tax Act(Ben Kenobi)
Constitutional Carry Act(Ben Kenobi & Leinad)
Elimination of Income Tax Act(Ben Kenobi)
Certificate of Need Repeal Act(Leinad)
Regional Election Department Act(Leinad)
Southern Elections Act(1184AZ)
Honoring Service to Atlasia Act(Siren)
Open Carry is Legal Act-Reintroduced(dfwlibertylover)
Southern Workfare Act of 2016(EdgarAllenYOLO)
The South Budget 2016(PiT)
Student Religious Liberties Act(Santander)
Universal Justice Act(Santander)
The Helping Outstanding Pupils Learn (HOPE) Act(Santander)
Legislative Naming Act(Peebs)
Regional Symbols Act(Santander)
Southern Task Force to Combat Human Trafficking Act(Siren)
The Legal Marijuana Act of 2016(dfwlibertylover)
Rules and Procedures of the Southern Legislature(Siren)

Legislation Failed-
Athiests are our Friends Act(Ben Kenobi)
Go West Young Man Act(Ben Kenobi)
Southern Sanctuaries Act(OneJ_)
Accurate Food Labeling Act of the New South(OneJ_)
Animals in Captivity Act(diptheriadan)
Southern Gender Identity Act(diptheriadan)
Campus Protections Act(Leinad)
Southern Right to Work Act(Ben Kenobi)
Fidel Castro Memorial Act(Ben Kenobi)
Southern Holiday Day Act(Santander)
Government Reducing Effect on Environment and Nature (GREEN) Act(Santander)
Open Carry is Legal Act(dfwlibertylover)

Legislation Tabled-
Restoration of the IDS(Ben Kenobi)
Southern Right to Work Act-Reintroduced(Ben Kenobi)
Paid Paternity Leave Act of 2016(OneJ_)
The Southern Anonymous Voting Act(Spenstar3D)
Barronelle Stutzmann Act(Ben Kenobi)
Body Camera Act of 2016(dfwlibertylover)
Respecting and Preserving Native Atlasian Culture Act(Siren)

Important Information
Vital Information Thread
Previous Members of the Chamber
Constitution of the South
Rules of the Chamber
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 10:08:28 PM »

The Southern Anonymous Voting Act of 2017

I. In all elections following the passage of this bill, voting shall henceforth be anonymous and the individual votes of
citizens shall be cast in a secret ballot, known only to the Governor of the Southern Region and the Southern Elections Secretary,
who shall oversee the fair and valid castings of these ballots.

II. The "Voting Booth" shall henceforth be an external link to a ballot filled out by each eligible voting citizen of the Southern Region.

III. The certification of the election will be posted as per usual means by the Southern Elections Secretary, with the added component of vote by "Party Registration" in the final election certification.

IV
. Any dissemination of the voting totals prior to the closing of the voting booth shall see the individual accused of the dissemination face a trial in front of the Supreme Court Justice of the South
with punishment, if found guilty, punishable by no more, or no less, than being stripped of voting rights for two consecutive elections, along with the threat of impeachment by the Southern Chamber of Delegates, if they so choose.

V. Under any circumstances, information containing the individual votes of each citizen shall be only accessible by the present Governor and present Southern Elections Secretary, the document containing these results shall be archived and stored away for quality maintenance purposes, and can only be accessed in the future by order of the Southern Supreme Court Justice by the Governor and Southern Elections Secretary.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 10:51:54 PM »

Congratulations on becoming Speaker, Diptheriadan--make sure you guys don't forget the bills from the previous thread!

Also, let's not forget these very important links, for reference (these will come in handy, trust me):
Constitution of the South
Rules of the Chamber
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 09:35:15 AM »

Choose Life Act

An Act to increase funding for the prevention of child abuse and neglect and express support for the protection of the South’s children.

1.   The South Department of Motor Vehicles shall design license plates to be known as Choose Life License Plates. The department shall create designs reflecting support for the protection of the South’s children. The design shall be selected on the basis of limiting the manufacturing cost of each plate to an amount less than or equal to the amount charged for regular license plates.

2.   The South Child Abuse Prevention Fund shall be established to provide grants, technical assistance, education and increased public awareness to prevent child abuse and neglect. The Fund shall be funded by fees from the issuance of Choose Life License Plates.

3. i)   One type of Choose Life License Plates shall be alphanumeric plates assigned the same type of alphanumeric designation as regular Southern motor vehicle license plates.

ii)  One type of Choose Life License Plates shall be personalized message plates. Such plates shall be issued subject to the same conditions specified for regular personalized message license plates.

4. i)   In addition to all other fees required for motor vehicle registration, each application for initial issuance of alphanumeric Choose Life License Plates shall be accompanied by a fee of twenty dollars. An application for renewal of such plates shall be accompanied by a fee of twenty dollars. County treasurers collecting fees pursuant to this subdivision shall remit them to the South Treasurer. The South Treasurer shall credit twenty dollars of the fee to the South Child Abuse Prevention Fund.

ii)   In addition to all other fees required for motor vehicle registration, each application for initial issuance or renewal of personalized message Choose Life License Plates shall be accompanied by a fee of eighty dollars. County treasurers collecting fees pursuant to this subdivision shall remit them to the South Treasurer. The South Treasurer shall credit twenty dollars of the fee to the South Department of Motor Vehicles Cash Fund and sixty dollars of the fee to the South Child Abuse Prevention Fund.

5.   Other than the provisions laid out in this Act, all laws and regulations relating to license plates and motor vehicle registration shall apply to the issuance, usage, and renewal of Choose Life License Plates.

6.   If the cost of manufacturing Choose Life License Plates at any time exceeds the amount charged for regular license plates, any money to be credited to the South Child Abuse Prevention Fund shall instead be credited first to the Highway Trust Fund in an amount equal to the difference between the manufacturing costs of Choose Life License Plates and the amount charged for regular license plates and the remainder shall be credited to the South Child Abuse Prevention Fund.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 07:42:29 AM »
« Edited: January 28, 2017, 09:59:51 AM by Zombie Spenstar »

The Southern Anonymous Voting Act of 2017

I. In all elections following the passage of this bill, voting shall henceforth be anonymous and the individual votes of
citizens shall be cast in a secret ballot, known only to the Governor of the Southern Region and the Southern Elections Secretary,
who shall oversee the fair and valid castings of these ballots.

II. The "Voting Booth" shall henceforth be an external link to a ballot filled out by each eligible voting citizen of the Southern Region.

III. The certification of the election will be posted as per usual means by the Southern Elections Secretary, with the added component of vote by "Party Registration" in the final election certification.

IV
. Any dissemination of the voting totals prior to the closing of the voting booth shall see the individual accused of the dissemination face a trial in front of the Supreme Court Justice of the South
with punishment, if found guilty, punishable by no more, or no less, than being stripped of voting rights for two consecutive elections, along with the threat of impeachment by the Southern Chamber of Delegates, if they so choose.

V. Under any circumstances, information containing the individual votes of each citizen shall be only accessible by the present Governor and present Southern Elections Secretary, the document containing these results shall be archived and stored away for quality maintenance purposes, and can only be accessed in the future by order of the Southern Supreme Court Justice by the Governor and Southern Elections Secretary.

I will sponsor this bill on behalf of my homeboy the Governor
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 10:10:28 PM »

Paid Paternity Leave Act of 2017
I. The employer must pay at least 45 percent of the employee's current earnings unless it could potentially cause economic harm.
II. Individuals who are entitled include the following:
-The bill shall apply to pregnant mothers, parents planning adoption, single parents, etc.
-The employee works for the federal government, a state or local government, a public or private elementary or secondary school, or any company.
-The employee has worked 12 months prior.
-The employee is required to request leave 30 days before taking it.

First bill and it probably needs work.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 11:53:03 AM »

They all need work. Smiley Nothing wrong with making us do our jobs.

I am deleting the Southern Sex Ed bill per Diptherian's request.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 01:08:20 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2017, 01:28:10 PM by IDS Delegate Ben Kenobi »

DFWLiberty's Body Camera Act of 2016

The Body Camera Act of 2016
1. Establishes that all police officers employed within the southern region of Atlasia must wear body cameras at all times to record their actives while on duty.
2. Establishes that local police departments will pay for the body cameras, in general, but that 2% of the budget shall be allocated to pay for body cameras for departments where this is not possible.
3. Establishes that any police officer who purposefully destroys their body cameras due to wrongdoing will face obstruction of justice and tampering with evidence charges.
4. Establishes that any criminal who purposefully destroys an officer's body camera due to wrongdoing will face obstruction of justice and tampering with evidence charges.
5. Establishes that any police department who does not purchase and implement body cameras within 1 year of this law's passage will pay a $5,000 fine every year in which the cameras are not in place.
6. Establishes that police departments have the right to set their own standards on punishment for individual officers who do not follow this law's guidelines.
7. Establishes that police officer body cameras can be used as evidence in any case which involves the police officer in question
8. Establishes that while the body camera is evidence in a case, and only while the body camera is evidence in a case, the police officer does not have to be equipped with a body camera.
9. Establishes that police officers do not have to wear their body cameras while off duty, but may do so if they wish. 
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 01:28:32 PM »

I am detabling DFW's body camera bill. I think the bill is good and it's time.
diptheriadan

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2017, 09:24:30 PM »

If I were to go about changing the structure of the Chamber, how would I do that? By amending the Constitution or the Rules and Procedures?
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 11:03:24 PM »

If I were to go about changing the structure of the Chamber, how would I do that? By amending the Constitution or the Rules and Procedures?
It depends on what sort of changes you want to make. If you're looking at overhauling the way the CoD introduces and debates legislation, then you would want to propose an amendment to the Rules; if you want to actually reorganize the legislative branch (e.g. by changing the number of seats), then a Constitutional Amendment is required.
diptheriadan

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 04:38:57 AM »
« Edited: February 02, 2017, 08:06:12 AM by Speaker diptheriadan »

It depends on what sort of changes you want to make. If you're looking at overhauling the way the CoD introduces and debates legislation, then you would want to propose an amendment to the Rules; if you want to actually reorganize the legislative branch (e.g. by changing the number of seats), then a Constitutional Amendment is required.

I would like to create a new position within the chamber.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2017, 01:09:45 PM »

When you say a "New Position in the Chamber", what would that be?
diptheriadan

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2017, 01:23:33 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2017, 01:26:59 PM by Speaker diptheriadan »

When you say a "New Position in the Chamber", what would that be?

A Deputy Speaker. Basically someone do to the Speaker's duties when the Speaker can't do them themselves. So say I place Ben in as Deputy Speaker and decide to go on holiday for a few days, Ben temporarily becomes Acting Speaker. If I decide not to come back, he becomes the actual Speaker.

It just seems like a better way to keep the legislature going instead of holding an election every time a Speaker vacates their office or goes inactive for a few days.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 01:32:52 PM »

That would be a rules change.
diptheriadan

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2017, 01:47:39 PM »

Thank you for the help.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2017, 03:22:54 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Actually if you wanted to do that I'd just be Deputy/Acting Speaker. If you chose to step down, we'd have to have another election, in which I'd be the Acting Speaker for the duration. I wouldn't actually become the Speaker until I won an election with the house.

There's a few reasons for that... Confidence of the delegates and all. If you want a break, I have no issue, but this weekend is not good for me, as I have three midterms, two Monday and one Tuesday.
diptheriadan

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2017, 03:26:29 PM »

Actually if you wanted to do that I'd just be Deputy/Acting Speaker. If you chose to step down, we'd have to have another election, in which I'd be the Acting Speaker for the duration. I wouldn't actually become the Speaker until I won an election with the house.

There's a few reasons for that... Confidence of the delegates and all. If you want a break, I have no issue, but this weekend is not good for me, as I have three midterms, two Monday and one Tuesday.

I was also actually planning on eliminating the part of the Rules and Procedures that made it to where an election was going to have to be held every time a Speaker vacates the office. I think the legislature can do that that, right?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2017, 03:30:43 PM »

The Constitution gives the legislature the power to conduct themselves according to their own rules.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2017, 03:35:08 PM »

You're welcome to introduce legislation to that effect. I can't say I support that though. Speakers should be elected with the confidence of the delegates.
diptheriadan

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2017, 03:51:47 PM »

You're welcome to introduce legislation to that effect. I can't say I support that though. Speakers should be elected with the confidence of the delegates.

If the Deputy Speaker was elected along with the Speaker, do you think you could get on board with that?
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2017, 08:36:48 PM »

I don't have a problem with that in the slightest.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2017, 09:22:07 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2017, 11:28:24 PM by Delegate OneJ_ »

Accurate Food Labeling Act of the New South
Section I. All food products sold in stores shall be required to list all ingredients, pesticides utilized, accurate nutrition facts, whether or not the food product is genetically modified, etc. for the health and safety of the citizens of the South.
Section II. Any business that fails to follow the procedures listed in Section I shall pay a fine of $75,000 for each offense committed.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2017, 11:00:44 PM »

Euthanasia ban

Given that - states such as Canada and the Netherlands have seen their euthanasia rates increase 8 fold

Given that - euthanasia is now the 6th highest cause of death in Canada.

Given that euthanasia has been delivered to those who are neither in terminal illness nor in pain.

Given that the weak and vulnerable in society should not feel pressure to kill themselves.

Given that euthanasia has been abused as a tool to eradicate undesireables in the past.

BE IT RESOLVED THAT:

The chamber of delegates will ban euthanasia throughout the South. No doctor nor nurse may apply treatment with the primary intent of killing their patient. Doctors or Nurses found liable for euthanasia shall be fined 50k for the first offense, and stripped of their license on the second offense. Further offenses would be arrested for a charge of murder.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2017, 11:25:39 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2017, 06:27:47 PM by Delegate OneJ_ »

Southern Sanctuaries of 2017 Act
Section I. The purpose of this bill is to make sure that innocent, deserving immigrants feel protected and live mercifully in certain cities to be designated as 'Sanctuary Cities.'

Section II. There is no requirement to become a Sanctuary City other than being an incorporated city.

Section III. The cities that shall be official Sanctuaries:
-Nashville, TN
-Jackson, MS
-Lexington, KY
-Austin, TX
-Amarillo, TX
-Lafayette, LA
-St. Louis, MO
-Oklahoma City, OK
-Virginia Beach, VA
-Huntsville, AL
-Baltimore, MD
-Miami, FL
-Atlanta, GA
-Raleigh, NC
-Little Rock, AR
-Topeka, KS
-Morgantown, WV
-Dover, DE
-North Charleston, SC
-Washington, D.C.
-Orlando, FL
-Plano, Texas

Section IV. Vetting is required to be executed before allowing immigrants to live in the Sanctuary Cities. Immigrants must be vetted at least once each year before becoming a citizen.

Section V. If an immigrant commits a crime that is considered a felony (murder, kidnapping, robbery, etc.) anywhere within the Southern region, a mandatory prison sentence should be served and deportation will have to be enforced. Misdemeanors shall not be reason for deportation.

Section VI. Discrimination of any kind against immigrants shall not be tolerated.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies