Hughento (Secretary of External Affairs) Confirmation Hearing (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:00:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Hughento (Secretary of External Affairs) Confirmation Hearing (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hughento (Secretary of External Affairs) Confirmation Hearing  (Read 8575 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: November 22, 2006, 04:58:29 PM »

I urge the Senate to remember this act - https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=49348.msg1053198#msg1053198  The individual responsible then received a warning from the moderator.

Such immature people should not be elevated to office. I urge the Senate to reject.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 05:23:21 PM »

I urge the Senate to remember this act - https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=49348.msg1053198#msg1053198  The individual responsible then received a warning from the moderator.

Such immature people should not be elevated to office. I urge the Senate to reject.

Pot calling the kettle black?

Hey, even if it is true, I am not the up for appointment. Run away now, little boy.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 11:15:43 AM »

Whilst I respect Don, he isn't a moderator and I broke no rules with that post, which was made as a bit of a joke. Bit mean? Sure. But I think reasonable, and also not relating to this posting.

Gustaf, who is a moderator, did put out a warning. I also ask the Senate to note that the nominee has no problem with randomly acting a "bit mean" to citizens he would like to be serving.

These petty disagreements and insults are growing tiresome.

Then ask the person in question, who has no problem admitting that he started it, to stop with his inappropriate actions.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 11:14:33 AM »

Hugh lost, get over it. And his behavior towards certain Atlasians citizens should be an issue here. Arrogant taunting will not be rewarded. He paid for it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 11:41:40 PM »

The problem with hearings like this is particpation from people who are not members of this chamber (ie Phil-Hugh incident). I think Phil interjecting himself in this hearing was uncalled for.

So says another person who is not a member of the chamber and interjects himself in...well..everything.

There is plenty of reason to reject the nominee. If he can't act civily, if he wants to go out of him way to start trouble, he does not deserve promotion. It is really that simple.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 11:57:00 PM »

However, your feud should not have carried over into a confirmation hearing that has caused chaos and friction among the government. Your feud should be taken up with a board moderator, who will be the best to judge the situation, and should not in any way, shape, or form inject itself into any future policy of the Atlasian Government.

Nominees should conduct themselves responsibly, not go out of their way to personally attack people and then, when kindly asked to stop, say that they don't care that they were acting inappropriately. He wanted to carry this fued (which I have made several attempts at stopping in the past, by the way) here with totally unrelated topics? Fine. I saw to it that he was defeated. I hope the administration considers other people for the office.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 12:00:21 AM »

So the Senate is Keystone Phil's bitch.  Got it.

Or I worked to see that he is rejected and stated reasons why he should be. I think it more like Ebowed and Co. are just too busy bitching that their man lost.

Amazing how everyone in favor of hughento can lobby the Senate but I can't.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 12:16:32 AM »

Your long-lasting feud with Hughento has no bearing on whether or not he can serve well in this position.  Reasonable people can all agree to that.

Immature troublemakers should not be promoted. I don't believe someone like that should represent me. He should not serve if he can't keep his nasty feelings private. Again, I have been provoked and he paid for it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies