Jena 6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:38:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Jena 6
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Jena 6  (Read 7254 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2007, 04:51:16 PM »

Suggestion, reduced charges, and chain up both groups in the same chain gang, where they have to work together.  Maybe both sides will understand the stupidity of their actions.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2007, 06:22:41 PM »

But the double standard is not correctly resolved by letting the black kids off the hook too.

No, it's correctly resolved by actually bringing charges against the white kids, which is what should have happened in the first place.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2007, 12:30:41 AM »

But the double standard is not correctly resolved by letting the black kids off the hook too.
No, it's correctly resolved by actually bringing charges against the white kids, which is what should have happened in the first place.
There was the noose incident.  The school board screwed up and overruled the principal who wanted to give them a 3-day expulsion.  They instead were given 3 days, in-school detention.  There were a bunch of fights in the next days, so the school brought the DA in for an assembly, who told the students to cool it, that it wasn't going to a simple school matter and that fighting would be treated as a criminal offense.

3 months later, someone tries to burn down the high school, there was a fight at a party (after someone tried to crash it), an altercation at a convenience store, and then a kid gets jumped at school by 6 other students.  He is knocked out with the first punch, but the assailants continued to kick at his head.  Charges were filed for the fight at the party, the altercation at the convenience store, and the school incident.  AFAIK, there have been no arson charges filed.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2007, 03:05:10 AM »

There was the noose incident.  The school board screwed up and overruled the principal who wanted to give them a 3-day expulsion.  They instead were given 3 days, in-school detention.  There were a bunch of fights in the next days, so the school brought the DA in for an assembly, who told the students to cool it, that it wasn't going to a simple school matter and that fighting would be treated as a criminal offense.

I'm pretty sure they were suspended.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2007, 03:14:33 AM »

The south is still horribly racist.  I'm prejudiced against racism.  Sorry if that's wrong.

In some areas it is indeed still racist, but you act as if the whole of the south is that way and that's a terrible misconception. I've lived here in Georgia my entire life and I've seen whites and blacks getting along ammicably more often than not.

Everyone I know who has come to Illinois from "Dixie" is creeped out by the fact black and white hardly ever intermingle here except at work.
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -0.87

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2007, 12:00:07 PM »

I can't understand how so many people can defend these thugs. they where the same ones who convicted the Duke LaCrosse players. 20 year sentence is pretty harsh but they deserve to go to Jail for at least 3 years.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2007, 12:03:36 PM »

I can't understand how so many people can defend these thugs. they where the same ones who convicted the Duke LaCrosse players.

What?
Friz
thad_l
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: -9.74

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2007, 12:04:13 PM »

I can't understand how so many people can defend these thugs. they where the same ones who convicted the Duke LaCrosse players.

What?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2007, 01:11:10 PM »

the only person to do anything bad enough to deserve jail time here is the d.a.

No - b/c yo have to punish the blacks for beating up the kid too.  And anybody else who committeda crime here - that's where I end up disagreeing with a lot of civil rights activists - is whenever a travesty like this occurs, they think that the blacks should just get off the hook - but they committed a crime and still should pay.
Are you aware of the difference between "being punished" and "going to jail"?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2007, 05:10:13 PM »

I can't understand how so many people can defend these thugs. they where the same ones who convicted the Duke LaCrosse players. 20 year sentence is pretty harsh but they deserve to go to Jail for at least 3 years.

I'm guessing that you're referring to the Rev. Al and the Rev. Jesse.

And I doubt that either Reverend is saying that the crime "didn't occur".  Rather, they are saying that what the black kids did "was not a crime".  Or more likely the implied logic is that "It shouldn't be a crime because they were black and were taunted by white kids with nooses 3 months before the crime happened.  In that case, black kids have the right to assault any white kid and knock him unconscious because of the actions (or inactions) of the larger white community"

Thus, the connection to Duke is a tad off, and thus the inquisitive responses.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2007, 05:50:09 PM »

No - b/c yo have to punish the blacks for beating up the kid too.  And anybody else who committeda crime here - that's where I end up disagreeing with a lot of civil rights activists - is whenever a travesty like this occurs, they think that the blacks should just get off the hook - but they committed a crime and still should pay.

I think people like Inks and SS would be willing to consider the alternative of lynching to going to jail.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2007, 06:36:36 PM »

I think people like Inks and SS would be willing to consider the alternative of lynching to going to jail.

WHAT!?  I don't want them to be lynched.  They should go to jail, but not for aggravated 2nd degree battery.
Governor PiT
Robert Stark

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2007, 06:52:08 PM »

The Duke boys did not even rape anyone. the Jenna six brutely beat up that boy and for that they deserve a one way ticket to Angola.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2007, 06:54:13 PM »

The Duke boys did not even rape anyone. the Jenna six brutely beat up that boy and for that they deserve a one way ticket to Angola.

Angola? Are you supporting shipping blacks back to Africa?
Governor PiT
Robert Stark

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2007, 06:56:53 PM »

Your in Switzerland you woudn't know.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2007, 06:57:26 PM »

Can we deport white criminals to Russia? Please?

Oh wait, what the hell was I thinking? We need more double standards.
Governor PiT
Robert Stark

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2007, 06:59:34 PM »

no double standards intended.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2007, 08:19:54 PM »

Ok - can we just like cut down on all the sarcasm/jokes/inside jokes - It's to the point that I can't follow 1/2 of the discussion anymore.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2007, 09:00:47 PM »

What does that have to do with anything? Do you support sending black people back to Africa because that seems to be what you were suggesting.
Governor PiT
Robert Stark

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2007, 10:27:46 PM »

Angola's in Louisiana thats will they will likey be sent if convicted.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2007, 10:51:13 PM »

Angola is another name for the Louisiana State Penitentiary, though it is very silly of Stark to expect us to know what he is talking about.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2007, 01:32:17 AM »

You must be forgetting that Switzerland has white people.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2007, 01:44:06 AM »

Angola is where the Louisiana prison is located.
Governor PiT
Robert Stark

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2007, 01:56:50 AM »

yeah they send all there prisoners to Africa.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2007, 04:15:44 AM »

WHAT!?  I don't want them to be lynched.  They should go to jail, but not for aggravated 2nd degree battery.

But what about if they don't go to jail?  Let say the liberals prevent it somehow, or they get off on a 'technicality'.   Doesn't that just make your blood boil?  That they're black, and they beat up a WHITE, and got away with it?  Maybe you and yer buddies aught to.. you know.. pay 'em a visit?

Let us note that no one on this forum had the urge to lynch those rich whites for raping the already devalued black woman during that previous controversy.  No, the assumption from all and sundry was 'they didn't do it', just as here its the converse.  Of course actual 'guilt' or 'innocence' has nothing to do with it - the symbolism is group solidarity based on fear.. and if you could think at all you might wonder who that serves.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies