opebo vs. Gully Foyle
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:25:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  opebo vs. Gully Foyle
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: opebo vs. Gully Foyle
opebo/opebo

opebo/Gully Foyle

Gully Foyle/opebo

Gully Foyle/Gully Foyle

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 11

Author Topic: opebo vs. Gully Foyle  (Read 1690 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 22, 2007, 12:36:31 PM »

I vote for the liberal Freedom Fighter over the religious right loving prude.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 12:58:12 PM »

Gully/Gully
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 12:59:56 PM »

What? I thought you were a liberal!
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 01:06:23 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2007, 01:44:04 PM by Gully Foyle »

I vote for the liberal Freedom Fighter over the religious right loving prude.

I completely agree. I would vote for myself too.

Anyway, in this scenario knowing what I know about American voters I'd say Bloomberg wins a 538 EV landslide.

Or to give it a map:

I think I'm rather too Kind on both Opie and me here.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 01:36:46 PM »

Not quite an Opebo liberal.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 04:35:10 PM »

Gully/Gully

Yet to see any evidence (except, of course, your usual hear'say and conjecture) that Gully's a:
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 04:37:40 PM »

Gully/Gully

Yet to see any evidence (except, of course, your usual hear'say and conjecture) that Gully's a:
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 05:07:36 PM »

Gully defended Ralph Nader's alliance with James Dobson and has condemned drinking culture.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 05:42:59 PM »

Gully/Gully

In BRTDs head someone thinking that binge drinking, binge gambling and Ralph Nader using his constitutional rights are bad things is a religious prude. Even though I said for the first two that they shouldn't be illegal and that I have called Nader a hypocrite a couple of times now.. he still seems so bloody belligerent towards me.

So Nader and Dobson happen to think that more should be done to stop gambling addiction? Wow, how awful.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 05:49:41 PM »

OK, I'll bite just to see where this goes and how it leads to being a "religious right loving prude".
First though let's look at the evidence, instead of your statement which is of course more hear'say and conjecture.

Gully defended Ralph Nader's alliance with James Dobson

I don't know anything about this alliance or Gully's defence thereof, so:
1. More details on this alliance please;
and 2. Quote Gully's defence of it.

Quote please.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 05:52:47 PM »

You honestly except that he will write a coherent reply to that?

Oh, look at that I'm winning! Yay! Though I suspect that might be because very few people who've voted know what my actual views are. (Hell, I'm not even sure my actual views are half the time. I'm still very young - I'm starting College on Monday ffs; so to have such a shut mind like BRTDs or Opies is just plain silly. Unlike them, I don't think I have a monopoly on knowledge. Far from it actually....)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 06:01:43 PM »

I believe the voters may be unaware that you are a rightwinger, Girl Friend.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 06:12:42 PM »

You honestly except that he will write a coherent reply to that?

Maybe, maybe not...
I think it's worthwhile pointing out to him that there are some of us on this forum who don't take his constant flow wild accusations at face value.

If he doesn't reply, he implicitly accepts that there is no evidence to back up his claim and that he was in fact full of it.
If he does, the evidence will be there for all to see and people can make there own conclusions - as I suspect that normal people require a different standard of evidence to conclude that someone is a "religious right loving prude", than BRTD - for whom the following diagram is usually appropriate to bear in mind.

It's sort of win/win.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2007, 06:33:50 PM »

Nader and Dobson: http://www.commercialalert.org/issues/culture/gambling/nader-dobson-ask-whether-democrats-want-to-be-the-party-of-the-gambling-industry

Gully defends it:

Wait a minute, So Nader and Dobson happened to agree on one thing and wrote a letter together comdemning one of the world's most famous vices, which destroys communities and lives every year and questioned a corrupt political system where this parasatic industry can flourish and often gain access to the highest levels of political power and can have a serious say on actual policy... AND this is a bad thing?

Straha is right for once, you're a total hypocrite - your politics is all about protecting your vices under the name of liberalism.

Gully attacks the alcohol industry throughout this thread and says people should drink less: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=62357.0
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2007, 07:01:27 PM »

People who binge drink and act like irresponisible scum in public should drink less (but they won't) - I'm Irish so I have a fair idea what I'm talking about here.

To keep it short:

Okay:

Not Okay - when it leads to this:

Or in general stuff like this:

http://www.irishhealth.com/?id=3915&level=4

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And who pays for this personal stupidity? Is it the drinkers? No fool, it's the taxpayers - no wonder you support Universal health insurance.

Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2007, 07:09:35 PM »

Let's see if I've got this straight.

Nader and Dobson co-signed a letter in which they sought clarification on the Democratic Party's position on gambling; expressed concern at the apparant links between the Democratic Party and the gambling industry; and condemned the gambling industry as promoting a social ill, listing a number of examples as to how this is the case (which as far as I can see are not innaccurate).

I think it's fair to say that you've overstated this as an 'alliance'. They didn't call for any action, they simply requested a clarification of the Democratic Party position and expressed the opinion that gambling does a lot of harm.

Gully defends it:

Wait a minute, So Nader and Dobson happened to agree on one thing and wrote a letter together comdemning one of the world's most famous vices, which destroys communities and lives every year and questioned a corrupt political system where this parasatic industry can flourish and often gain access to the highest levels of political power and can have a serious say on actual policy... AND this is a bad thing?

Straha is right for once, you're a total hypocrite - your politics is all about protecting your vices under the name of liberalism.

So, are you saying that because Gully suggests that:
  • there should be more transparancy as to any links between the gambling industry and the Democrtaic Party; and
  • that gambling can cause harm in society

he is a "religious right loving prude"?

If so, you'll have to explain the connection betweenthese beliefs and being a "religious right loving prude".

Gully attacks the alcohol industry throughout this thread and says people should drink less: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=62357.0

Well, he obviously disapproves of certain practices of the alcohol industry and of binge drinking - but that's hardly something confined to the "religious right loving prudes", is it?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2007, 05:48:47 AM »

So BRTD are you finally going to respond to my response to the random abuse of words and verbatim you have used against me?

But knowing that you'll just bring up your talking points again in a debate in three months time leading me to rebutt them again, and then bring them up again in another three months and I rebutt again and etc.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2007, 05:06:15 PM »

Foyle/Foyle easily.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies