The Examiner: Election Tracker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:15:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Examiner: Election Tracker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 80
Author Topic: The Examiner: Election Tracker  (Read 193144 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: May 12, 2008, 01:16:01 PM »

Hey Jas, now I "know" why I "hate" the main stream media!  Tongue

Yes, yes, yes. Keep doing that if you want the JCP vote.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #401 on: May 12, 2008, 01:49:53 PM »

Just FYI, I voted neither negative nor positive in my own approval, so that means there was only one other vote.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #402 on: May 12, 2008, 02:01:59 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2008, 02:03:46 PM by Herbs and Stewed Rabbit »

Just FYI, I voted neither negative nor positive in my own approval, so that means there was only one other vote.
That#s how I voted on my opponent!

EDIT: Or I thought I did. However, the forum records how you voted... I don't know if I dithered about the button and then decided one way and remembered the other option, or if I simply clicked the wrong button, but I'll believe the software when it tells me I voted disapprove...
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #403 on: May 13, 2008, 06:04:30 AM »

Hey Jas, now I "know" why I "hate" the main stream media!  Smiley

Then my work here is done! Wink
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #404 on: May 13, 2008, 11:58:05 AM »

The Examiner
13 May 2008

Constine supports “death with dignity”

ME Lt. Governor and Presidential candidate Ben Constine has launched what he described as the “kickoff” of his campaign with a speech on physician-assisted suicide. The Lt. Governor expressed his support for the principles underlying the Death with Dignity Bill (which is currently before the Senate). He declared:

It is one of my principles that we should do all that we can to preserve human life; however, I do not support prolonging the life of a terminal patient, when that patient, being of sound mind, does not desire to continue living….each human life deserves a certain amount of dignity, dignity which is not granted by being in a continual vegetative state, or being so crippled by a disease that they are unable to feed and clothe themselves.

----

IP Check Bill Passes Senate

The Moderator Role and Status Bill has passed the Senate by a vote of 8-0-2 (Sens. hughento and friz being deemed to have abstained). The Bill, which sets down rules regarding legal application for IP checks following the collapse of the prosecution of Keystone Phil on the legality of such a check, is expected to be signed into law by President Phil shortly.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #405 on: May 14, 2008, 11:15:06 AM »

The Examiner
14 May 2008

Constine Supports Capital Punishment

ME Lt. Governor and Presidential candidate Ben Constine has spoken out against the Constitutional Amendment to Prohibit Capital Punishment, which is currently on the Senate floor.

The Lt. Governor declared:
I cannot support this legislation, due to its uncompromising position.  There are times when capital punishment is acceptable and necessary, and I do not want that option to be completely off the table.  We cannot afford to tie the hands of our law enforcement officers by eliminating this option entirely; although it should be implemented as infrequently as possible.

The Amendment has received the express support of 3 Senators (afleitch, hughento and Rockefeller Republican –all of the NLC) with only Sen. Sam Spade (JCP-SE) having outrightly expressing his disapproval. The Amendment will require 7 votes to pass the Senate for regional ratification.

----

President Signs IP Check Law

President Keystone Phil has signed the Moderator Role and Status Bill into law following its approval in the Senate. The law was drafted by the Attorney General, Peter Bell to deal with issues arising from the “Walsterstein” case.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #406 on: May 15, 2008, 10:50:01 AM »

The Examiner
15 May 2008

No News Today

Due to inactivity in the Senate (again! Angry), the absence of any campaigning or activity by any of the Senate or Presidential candidates (Sad), or really anything happening at all, there is no news today. Undecided
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #407 on: May 15, 2008, 02:41:15 PM »

<<Is writing major essays but will soon introduce some bills. Coincidentally, anyone want to have a read-through of my pols essay? I'll be posting it in Political Essays and Debate shortly.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #408 on: May 19, 2008, 10:19:49 PM »

Bump? Sad

I really enjoy this paper and would hate to see it fall out of circulation. I know there wasn't much going on for a week or so there but there's been quite a bit of activity in the past few days.

If you're just busy Jas then no problem at all, I just hoped you hadn't abandoned it.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #409 on: June 04, 2008, 06:10:17 AM »

The Examiner Interview
4 June 2008

In today's Examiner Interview, I spoke with presidential candidate Supersoulty about his ongoing campaign for office.

---

Motivation & Goals

This isn't the first time you've decided to run for President. Simply put, what has motivated you to try again?

S: Well, first of all, thank you for having me, Jas.  It's an honor and privileged to be here.

I'm in this race to talk about how we can improve Atlasia.  Plain and simple.  I think Atlasia really need leadership right now.  It needs people who are going to set the course, be proactive.  I think we have alot of great leaders in government, we just need to bring that leadership to the executive level.  That's what the country has been missing through much of its history, and that is what I want to bring to the table.

Should you be elected, what goals do you have that will define whether or not your term will be a successful one?

S: As corny as it sounds, my goal will be to make sure that Atlasia is better off than it was four years ago.

I want comprehensive education reform.  That will be one of my major goals.

I want to improve Atlasia's image around the globe.  I want this country to be seen as a real beacon of democracy, hope and global cooperation again, while still maintaining our strength.

I want to get the economy humming again.  I want to imporve social services, so that assistance only goes to those who really need it, but those who need it get more of it.

You know, you never really arrive.  Even at our best, there is always room for improvement.  I won't be satisfied with winning election.  I won't be satisfied if all of my first term goals are met.  I will keep driving and keep pushing.  We need a leader who is a tomorrow person.  I am, and that's what I'll take with me to the Oval Office.

I'm look forward to the challenge, but I'm gonna challenge others in government to excel and do good as well.

It may be suggested that it is from the Senate that these goals may be best targeted and addressed. Why do you feel that the Presidency the best office from which to try and achieve these goals?

S: If the Senate was best for reaching these goals, then they would have done it by now.  That is not to say there is something inherently wrong with the Senate, but it is, by nature a deliberative body.  The ship of state needs someone to set a course, and that's what I want to do.

Xahar

The decision to choose Xahar as your running-mate has placed question marks over your judgment in the minds of many Atlasians. Why did you invite Xahar to join your ticket?

S: I don't know who is really upset or put-off by this decision.  Mr. Xahar is a good man, he is smart, dedicated, and I'm glad to have him on board.

He helped convince me to get involved again.  And when I asked him to be on the ticket, he didn't leap at the chance, I had to assure him that I wasn't going to change my mind before he accepted.

Unfortunately, a lot of people who can really contribute have been marginalized here in Atlasia, and he is a man who can really contribute a lot of positive things. 

I wouldn't trade him on this ticket for anyone and I think more people will see why before too long.

Keystone Phil

In the last election you voted for Keystone Phil, who duly won. What motivated this decision and how do you assess his period in office?

S: Phil is a good friend of mine, we have vast differences in approach, policy, and personalities, but he is a great guy.  I'm sad to see that he really hasn't accomplished much during his term.  A lot of that can be attributed to his early controversies concerning the SoFA and AG, and that's a shame.  I wish he hadn't done that, as a lot of us do, I'm sure, but I wish it because I think it cost him the ability to expand his period of office into something positive.

And finally...

What do you see as the biggest problem facing Atlasia today, and how do you hope to address it as President?

S: I don't think its right to label a "biggest" problem.  All problems are big, if not to you, then to someone else.  I guess you could say that the root of a number of our problems is a lack of any real sense of direction in our government.  I hope to change that.

Should you fail to get elected, do you see yourself retaining an active role in Atlasian politics?

S: I want to stay involved at some level, but I'm not gonna make any statements or predictions.

If elected, what do you hope the legacy of the Supersoulty administration will be?

S: Positive, lasting change, put simply.  I want to restore confidence in government.

With thanks to Supersoulty.  Smiley

As always, any persons interested in being the subject of an Examiner Interview should contact the editor directly by PM.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #410 on: June 06, 2008, 03:52:10 AM »

Glad to see the Examiner has returned Smiley........but for how long?

There has been nothing really to publish during this week or the week prior to it. With the Senate moving at a snail's pace and hardly any movement with the June Presidential campaign there has been no point really. Unless you want to send all of your reports to Mr. Porter's next campaign rally regarding Divorce? Tongue
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #411 on: June 06, 2008, 04:04:56 AM »

Glad to see the Examiner has returned Smiley........but for how long?

I'm away for a few days next week, so it'll probably be the week after.

You're right about the relative lack of news, the Senate seems to have gone comatose, something reflected in the upcoming Senate 'elections'.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #412 on: June 13, 2008, 06:19:51 PM »

Your correspondent has been away in Poland for a few days and has a number of things to catch up on, but resuming publication is now tentatively penned in for next week.

The following press release (which we don't believe has yet been made public) was noticed on the desk having arrived a few days ago. Having considered simply pushing it into the wastebasket along with all the other stuff which has been piling up, it's been decided to publish it instead...

Received from Pacific Senate candidate, Torie:

It is with great pleasure that today I endorse Mr. Moderate's candidacy for President of Atlasia. I have known Mr. Moderate for many years, both in this venue, and previous ones. I have come to appreciate his common sense, and good judgment, and ability to calmly appraise the competing merits of any issue. His name reflects  his temperament, and mine. He will serve us well, and I wish him good luck!
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #413 on: June 20, 2008, 12:56:49 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2008, 04:49:09 AM by Jas »

The Examiner
Special Election Coverage

At least temporarily dusting things off, The Examiner is back for a bit of election coverage...

Presidential Race

Even at this early stage in the election, it seems quite clear that Mr. Moderate is set for a convincing victory in the Presidential race strongly ahead of second placed Sensei - who has clearly received the blessing of former candidate Speed of Sound for stepping into the race. Conservative votes have split in multiple directionsand indeed dominate the combined voting lists of the other candidates.

Little surprising has emerged from the race so far, the only question remaining here is whether a 2nd round count will proove necessary.

Below is the unofficial Examiner tally of the race so far...

CandidateVotes
Moderate15(Franzl; Alcon; MAS117; GM3; AndrewCT; Frodo; Colin Wixted; Verily; Hashemite; Ebowed; Conor Flynn; Friz; Mr. Moderate; bgwah; bullmoose)
Sensei7(Andy Jackson; Evilmexicandictator; Sensei; hannibal; Speed of Sound; Meeker; Lief)
Ernest3(South Park Conservative; Bacon King; BrandonH)
Supersoulty2(benconstine; Supersoulty)
gporter2(gporter; Inks.LWC)
NOTA1(DWPerry)
Invalid1(DWTL)

----

Senate Races

Mideast
Incumbent Sen. Meeker has what looks like a now reliable lead in the Mideast race following a shaky start where write-in votes could have threatened a close contest. The PPT seems now assured of returning to Nyman barring an unlikely turnaround.

Midwest
Low voter turnout in the Midwest so far leaves the uimpression of a deceptively close race. Unopposed fmr. Senator Lewis Trondheim should safely cross this hurdle though by the close of polls.

Northeast
Unopposed Sen. Verily has so far the unanimous backing of the populous Northeastern region and is certain to be declared re-elected this weekend.

Pacific
Incumbent Sen. Friz holds a narrow 3-2 lead out west against newcomer Torie. Friz, who deigned to appear briefly in Atlasia to turn up to vote, has clearly retained the JCP core voter support of leader bgwah and VP Ebowed. However, JCP member Alcon has broken ranks and voted for newbie Torie. It certainly seems possible that Torie could retake the lead in this race, but ultimately this will come down to how badly the JCP leadership decide they wish to hold onto this seat.

Southeast
In comedy central, the race between DWTL and gporter is too close to call - currently tied at 2-2. An unenviable choice...
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #414 on: June 20, 2008, 01:01:29 PM »

Friz deigned to appear briefly in Atlasia...

Best verb ever.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #415 on: June 20, 2008, 10:12:15 PM »

Alcon is a JCP loyalist? lulz, where do u get this stuff?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #416 on: June 20, 2008, 10:41:41 PM »

I think Alcon was pretty much the only JCPer to vote for Jas/Moderate over the Keystone Phil ticket.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #417 on: June 21, 2008, 01:15:50 PM »

Even at this early stage in the election, it seems quite clear that Mr. Moderate is set for a convincing victory in the Presidential race strongly ahead of second placed Sensei - who has clearly received the blessing of former candidate Speed of Sound for stepping into the race. Conservative votes have split in multiple directionsand indeed dominate the combined voting lists of the other candidates.

Little surprising has emerged from the race so far, the only question remaining here is whether a 2nd round count will proove necessary.

Below is the unofficial Examiner tally of the race so far...

CandidateVotes
Moderate15(Franzl; Alcon; MAS117; GM3; AndrewCT; Frodo; Colin Wixted; Verily; Hashemite; Ebowed; Conor Flynn; Friz; Mr. Moderate; bgwah; bullmoose)
Sensei7(Andy Jackson; Evilmexicandictator; Sensei; hannibal; Speed of Sound; Meeker; Lief)
Ernest3(South Park Conservative; Bacon King; BrandonH)
Supersoulty2(benconstine; Supersoulty)
gporter2(gporter; Inks.LWC)
NOTA1(DWPerry)
Invalid1(DWTL)

Updated Round 1 count:
Mr Moderate - 16
Sensei - 11
Ernest - 3
Supersoulty - 3
Gporter - 2

Final Round count (assuming that maximal eliminations are necessary):
Mr Moderate - 22
Sensei - 12

I still think that Sensei has the potential to make a comeback, however, I would be very surprised if this occurs. Some eliminations at least will be needed, though, because of the two horse nature of this race, it will come down to Sensei and Moderate.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #418 on: June 26, 2008, 12:04:58 PM »

The Examiner
26 June 2008

Keystone Phil Resigns

Keystone Phil today resigned the office of the Presidency as he shall be incommunicado over the coming weeks.

In his farewell speech, Phil conceeded that his tenure was marred by inactivity and admitted "I haven't been the President that I've promised to be. I know I didn't revive this game like I hoped to....Many of you may think of this Presidency as a failure. I can't really blame you."

The resignation was not a surprise annoucnement, having been presaged by the President on Tuesday - a declaration noteworthy for the general apathy to which it was received, comapred to previous Presidential resignations.

Some credit must be given to the outgoing President for admitting that his term of office has been less than successful. His honesty at this time should be welcomed and hopefully Atlasia has learned lessons from this Presidency.

Vice President Ebowed is expected to swear-in as President shortly and hold office until Mr. Moderate's inaugeration in 2 weeks time.

----

Southeast Special Senate Election Injuncted;
Pacific Special Election In Limbo

The Supreme Court, by a 2-1 vote, has issued an injunction suspending the Southeast Special Senate election. The injunction came on request of plaintiff Sam Spade who is seeking to overturn the Southeast Senate result (proclaimed a tie) as declared by Deputy SoFA Inks.LWC for failure to count votes for the plaintiff in the election. Inks proceeded to give notice in the Special Senate Election thread. The effect of the notice on the concurrent Pacifican Special Election is unknown.

The performance of the Deputy SoFA in this election season has been called into question both for the considerable delay in certification and in decisions regarding the counting of votes. Will this have an impact on a possible position within the incoming administration?
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #419 on: June 26, 2008, 02:31:35 PM »

My fault... since there's no longer a conflict of interest, I should be the one administering the runoff booths.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #420 on: June 27, 2008, 08:56:34 AM »

The Examiner
27 June 2008

Bono Nominated to Vice Presidency

In his first act since returning to the Oval Office, President Ebowed has nominated Bono to be his Vice President. In a short statement released by the White House yesterday, the President said simply: "[Bono] is an experienced member of the executive and legislative branches and I ask the Senate for a quick and fair confirmation."

Bono re-registered only 3 minutes prior to the announcement, following a long stint away from Atlasia. Bono has served previously as Senator, Southeastern Governor and as the last Secretary to the Treasury. Indeed, he may be seen as the last significantly active Southeastern Governor though did last leave Atlasia following a period of inactivity in that position.

It is unknown whether anyone else was involved in the consultation process, though close Ebowed ally, JCP leader bgwah expressed some surprise at the announcement. The Senate has yet to convene a hearing to decide upon the confirmation of the nominee.

----

Sam Spade v. DoFA

With time counting down until the deadline for submission of briefs in the Southeast Senate election case, there remains no sign of a defence from the man at the centre of the case, Deputy SoFA Inks.LWC. There are however, a flurry of other briefs including from the plaintiff Sam Spade as well as amicus briefs from DWTL, Torie and former SoFA Lewis Trondheim.

Pacific Run-Off
In related news, President-elect and current SoFA, Mr. Moderate has resumed control of the DoFA, relieving Inks of his acting-up duties. Moderate has opened the official booth for the much anticipated run-off for the Pacific Senate seat which so far has seen no shift in voting patterns from the first election. It is unknown if turning up to vote a second time will prove too taxing on the reclusive incumbent Sen. friz or just how much effort the JCP leadership is willing to put into seeking his re-election.

Current Tally
Friz (JCP): 2 [bgwah; Ebowed]
Torie (i): 3 [Torie; Alcon; Xahar]
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #421 on: June 27, 2008, 09:29:06 AM »

Pacific Run-Off
In related news, President-elect and current SoFA, Mr. Moderate has resumed control of the DoFA, relieving Inks of his acting-up duties.

funny.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #422 on: June 28, 2008, 05:44:45 AM »

The Examiner
28 June 2008

CultureKing Bites The Hand That Feeds

In an audacious move, Sen. CultureKing (JCP) has voted for Independent challenger Torie in the Pacific run-off election against party and Senatorial colleague friz, after having backed the nominal Senator in the original contest. The move is particularly daring as CultureKing's own Senate seat is entirely dependant on JCP votes, indeed had it not been for the vote of Friz himself, CultureKing would not be a Senator today.

Sen. Friz himself re-appeared to vote for himself again this week, in a remarkable display of activity on his part. He must truly be aghast that so many Pacificans have decided to vote against him after all the effort he's put into this campaign and indeed his Senatorship.

Currently at 5-3, many will dare to hope that the JCP will give up on the hapless friz. JCP leader, bgwah has shown his ability to produce JCP voters before and certainly the voter rolls show that if he wants to, he could still move to retain an inept JCP Senator. But has bgwah lost faith in Friz?

Current Tally
Friz (JCP): 3 [bgwah; Ebowed; Friz]
Torie (i): 5 [Torie; Alcon; Xahar; Evilmexicandictator; CultureKing]

----

Days of Absolute Senate Inactivity: 3
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #423 on: June 28, 2008, 03:47:12 PM »

It's not real political courage if you don't put something worth losing on the line.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #424 on: June 28, 2008, 08:48:38 PM »

CultureKing should have stayed with the Federalists anyway, but great vote on his part.  What is the point of this game if the senate does nothing?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies