minuteman founder to challenge McCain for senate seat (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:27:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  minuteman founder to challenge McCain for senate seat (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: minuteman founder to challenge McCain for senate seat  (Read 4916 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« on: April 23, 2009, 03:53:31 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=95154.0
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 07:59:48 PM »

Simcox isn't quite a joke candidate, he does have an outside shot.  I find his website interesting visually, since he didn't hire the traditional DC people for it and I spend a lot of time working with campaign websites.

http://www.simcoxforsenate.com/index.php?p=youtube

He's not a crazy demagogue, speaks of middle-class values, and is speaking in a fairly nuanced, articulate way.  Even when asked how he'll win the general election, he realistically points out that the Democrats aren't going to run anyone serious against John McCain. He claims it's not a single-issue campaign, but I assume it'll just be immigration and TARP.  He'll have a lot of money from his contacts nationwide, but McCain has a lot more of them.

Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 08:29:10 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2009, 08:31:10 PM by Lunar »

http://www.johnmccain.com/

Actually, McCain's reelection website is even cooler, as long as you don't leave the homepage but that's because he's hired people to criticize the normal model that DC designers create.  If you leave the homepage, it starts to become a bit of an eyesore since it emphasizes 90 degree angles, white boxes on a black background, normal blue links, and unappealing blocks of text.  His homepage figured out that you shouldn't have solid white backgrounds with blocks of text, kind of weird that everything else didn't.  I expect this to change.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 10:35:02 PM »

I don't know, you'd have to compare those to the baseline numbers that the average primary feels their Washington candidate is "out of touch."
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 05:21:39 AM »

McCain has become a straight-line conservative since the election, it maximizes his influence since he still has a decent sized email list and seems to be able to get onto any news show he wants to be on.

You could probably propose the immigration bill he himself had sponsored in the past and he'd vote it down.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies