The Governor's Plantation: Governor Daniel Adams
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:06:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Governor's Plantation: Governor Daniel Adams
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9
Author Topic: The Governor's Plantation: Governor Daniel Adams  (Read 16272 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2009, 05:36:08 PM »

Prediction: They will all be RPP members and anarcho-capitalists. And will all win re-election in November.
After myself and PiT (who I believe also has expressed interest) we are entirely out of anarcho-capitalists.  Xahar was in the running for an appointment too if he voted for the assembly, but he royally screwed himself
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2009, 05:38:53 PM »

Prediction: They will all be RPP members and anarcho-capitalists. And will all win re-election in November.
After myself and PiT (who I believe also has expressed interest) we are entirely out of anarcho-capitalists.  Xahar was in the running for an appointment too if he voted for the assembly, but he royally screwed himself

Did you decide this yourself?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2009, 05:56:08 PM »

He told me as much. Unfortunately, there's a little issue with trust.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2009, 06:04:40 PM »

He told me as much. Unfortunately, there's a little issue with trust.
Dumb decision on your part, I was willing to endorse you for the seat but you pissed it away.  Guess you are intent on reminaing perpetually irrelevant.  Trust should not be an issue with me, when I say something I stick to my guns.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2009, 06:41:26 PM »

Given this is for a two month term and there are two months left, I think it would be in the region's best interest if an election were held this weekend.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2009, 07:01:44 PM »

Since SPC is missing & I am currently holding the Lt. Governor spot, DWTL is the only possible anarcho-capitalist to be selected for it. I suppose you didn't think about the basic fact that getting three anarcho-capitalists in there is impossible, though. Tongue

Given this is for a two month term and there are two months left, I think it would be in the region's best interest if an election were held this weekend.

Perhaps so, but I didn't really intend for there to be a special election mechanism (slight oversight perhaps Tongue). I suppose it would be alright though if you could find some other section of the regional Constitution to justify having a special election.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2009, 07:07:54 PM »

Had the Road Management Act been passed, the privatization of roads would have significantly decreased our government's spending, and furthermore new revenues would have been raised through the auction. Therefore, the income tax elimination would have been possible, which is why I voted aye on both.

You made three bad assumptions here.

The first is that you put the cart before the horse - you assumed the act would pass.

The second is that you assumed we would have enough buyers of enough roads. What data lead you to think this would be the case?

The third is that you assumed that our financial troubles would be over just because we wouldn't own the roads anymore. Do you even know what percentage of the region's budget is spent on roads?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2009, 08:07:26 PM »

Hey, at least the Southeast finally used an ounce of common sense/reality in forming economic policy. I won't knock the source.

I'm glad to see that mind-dead banking initiative failed, though I was seriously looking forward to GM Purple State's report on the resulting economic tsunami, followed of course by the anarcho-capitalists of the region decrying PS's blatant reality based "liberal" bias and refusal to even consider that the region shooting itself in the foot might somehow not damage it's shoes, etc. etc.

So Obama's plan for a public option in health care = economic ruin. Requiring all banks to carry 100% reserves and selling all state roads off to private bidders = utopian prosperity.

Wow. Just wow.

Even for the internet, that's fringe.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2009, 09:53:50 PM »

Badger, some of us are in the Southeast, you know.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #159 on: September 22, 2009, 11:28:57 AM »

Badger, some of us are in the Southeast, you know.
Yeah, but not enough (yet). ;-)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #160 on: September 22, 2009, 11:37:42 AM »

Yea Badger keep dreaming, the only thing the opposition can do is sometimes stop us from getting 2/3rds
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #161 on: September 22, 2009, 11:56:58 AM »

Yea Badger keep dreaming, the only thing the opposition can do is sometimes stop us from getting 2/3rds
Oh, I have little illusion that's the best the voices of sanity can do in the DS for the forseeable future. Hence my post.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #162 on: September 22, 2009, 05:35:56 PM »

Oh, I have little illusion that's the best the voices of sanity can do in the DS for the forseeable future. Hence my post.

What's this DS?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #163 on: September 22, 2009, 05:38:11 PM »

What's this DS?
Another region that wants nothing to do with you.  God, you make HW seem relevant
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

« Reply #164 on: September 24, 2009, 05:45:50 PM »

Two statements:

* The Repeal of the End of Income Taxation Act has passed.

* The three assemblymen of the new legislature will be officially nominated within the coming days. I still urge all interested citizens to PM me.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #165 on: September 25, 2009, 01:19:42 AM »

You have labeled me recently an enemy of our region. I desire no controversy here, but as I have been a fervently loyal Southeasterner through thick and thin I must demand an apology. Though we have many political disagreements please understand that I've never done anything but support what I deem to be in the best interests of the Southeastern region.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #166 on: September 25, 2009, 01:30:10 AM »

Bacon King hails from the backwoods of Georgia. His southern blood runs as thick as a pot of meaty chili on a cold winters afternoon. He is a loyal southeasterner and a lover of our clothing, food, and customs. As a southerner, I apologize for whatever happened, and I assure you that our great land is a beacon of hope for those of all political ideologies. Please accept my humble words.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #167 on: September 25, 2009, 01:35:04 AM »

You have labeled me recently an enemy of our region. I desire no controversy here, but as I have been a fervently loyal Southeasterner through thick and thin I must demand an apology. Though we have many political disagreements please understand that I've never done anything but support what I deem to be in the best interests of the Southeastern region.

Maybe I'm wrong, but looking through the topic, it looks like the esteemed Governor Daniel Adams is more referring to Marokai Blue & badger as "this region's enemies". Nevertheless, I think a statement from the Governor on his comments would be most helpful, & I hope that he did not intend to insult you.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #168 on: September 25, 2009, 02:57:38 AM »

The idea that there are "enemies" is quite disgusting.

You have a lot of cheek to be preaching after your job as Governor.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #169 on: September 25, 2009, 07:40:14 AM »

Maybe I'm wrong, but looking through the topic, it looks like the esteemed Governor Daniel Adams is more referring to Marokai Blue & badger as "this region's enemies". Nevertheless, I think a statement from the Governor on his comments would be most helpful, & I hope that he did not intend to insult you.
Again, for the record: No enemy of the Southeast here. I just think too much of it's government are run by anachro-capitalist loons. Though Judicial Overlord Dibble is pretty awesomerific.

Truth be told, I just don't care enough to be considered the region's enemy. Oh certainly, if I had my druthers I'd see a nice common sense electoral change down there. But in terms of importance among my concerns it falls somewhere in the range of keeping my shower tiles sparkly. Even in Atlasia it doesn't hit my top ten priority to do list.

It short, don't get so paranoid, Gov. I'm just blowing some well-earned raspberries from the balcony.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #170 on: September 25, 2009, 08:36:52 AM »

* The three assemblymen of the new legislature will be officially nominated within the coming days. I still urge all interested citizens to PM me.

About that - biggzcorey was allowed the vote he was legally entitled to, and voted Nay on the legislature amendment. That pushed it to below 2/3 of the vote, making it fail.

Also, he voted Aye on the Nay Means Nay Amendment, making it pass, so unless you want to make significant changes to the Regional Legislature Amendment, in which case I can grant it an exception, it's off the ballot until December at the earliest.
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix

« Reply #171 on: September 25, 2009, 03:25:32 PM »

Of course I wasn't referring you. The label was directed at Marokai and badger (mainly the former), because they were clearly pressuring biggzcorey to overturn the election results.

I assure you that I have nothing but the utmost respect four you and your service to both our great region and Atlasia in general. I'm sincerely apologize if you took offense at my remark.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #172 on: September 25, 2009, 05:02:43 PM »

About that - biggzcorey was allowed the vote he was legally entitled to, and voted Nay on the legislature amendment. That pushed it to below 2/3 of the vote, making it fail.

Also, he voted Aye on the Nay Means Nay Amendment, making it pass, so unless you want to make significant changes to the Regional Legislature Amendment, in which case I can grant it an exception, it's off the ballot until December at the earliest.

Would eliminating the part of it that amends Article I, Section 9 count as a significant enough change?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #173 on: September 25, 2009, 11:20:29 PM »

Would eliminating the part of it that amends Article I, Section 9 count as a significant enough change?

No, it's not a core part of the legislation. It only alters one sentence, and that sentence is not key to the actual main functions of the proposed legislature.
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix

« Reply #174 on: September 26, 2009, 11:55:14 AM »

Andy Jackson, brandonh, and DWTL have been named assemblymen in the Dirty South's unofficial legislature.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies