I plan to keep all the high-level data and maps (state, national) as well as the county and congressional-district maps as free access as it always has been without any form of membership! I very much enjoy sharing my work and passion with the world community. The exception to this will be during peak demand time, when it will be necessary to take many of the pages and graphics off-line until the demand subsides.Free Members Site Features (features that require registration)
- User Predictions!
- User Endorsements!
- Adding Polls or Posting Comments to Polls and Predictions
- Mock Election
- Atlas Forum (separate login)
Paid Members Site Features
When browsing site, a member feature is designated by an "(m)". These links are enabled after login.
- Access to the database during peak demand (most of the pages will be off-line during peak times)
- Nationwide Popular Vote by County 1940 - 2008
- Statewide Popular Vote by County - All states 1940 - 2008
- Statewide Popular Vote by County - Many states 1892 - 1936
- Statewide Popular Vote by County for parties 1940 - 2008
- Statewide Popular Vote by Congressional District - many states 1980 - 2008
- Statewide Popular Vote by City/Town 1980 - 2008 (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)
- Statewide Popular Vote by City/Town 2008 (MN, NY, WI), 2004 (MI, MN, NJ, NY, OH, WI)
- Statewide Popular Vote by City/Town 2000 (IL, MI, MN, OH, NY, PA, WI), 1996 NY, 1992 NY
- Statewide Population by County 1940, 1960, 1972 - 2008
- County-Level City/Town on county results pages 1980 - 2008 (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)
- County-Level City/Town on county results pages 2008 (NY), 2004 (MI, NY)
- County-Level City/Town on county results pages 2000 (IL, MI, NY), 1996 NY, 1992 NY
- Popular vote data tables at county-level for all states 1940 - 2008
- Popular vote data tables at Congressional District level for many states 1980 - 2008 (See status below)
- Popular vote data at City/town-level for those states with city/town maps.
- Popular vote data at Precinct-level for many states 1992 - 2008 (See status below)
- Popular vote data and maps by county for US Senate 1990-2010
- Popular vote data and maps by county for Governor 1990-2010
- Voter registration by county for almost all states in 2000-2008, many states in years 1960-1996.
- Population from U.S. Census 1900, 1920, 1940, 1960, 1972 - 2008
- Population from U.S. Census - Persons over 18 for all counties in 2000, New England Towns in 2000.
- View comprehensive tables of data for all candidates at state, county, city/town, and precinct levels
- Data comparison tables for state, county, and town year-year. example
- Customize data table columns to enable/disable population, voter registration, turnout, etc.
- Sort state, county, or town data by margin, margin percent, candidates' votes or percentage.
- All states are image-mapped! Click on a county for results in that county!
- Individual county summary pages - with township maps for New England States, NY (1992-2008), and MI (2000-2004). example
- Graphing comparison pages for state, county, and town data year-year. example
- Graphing comparison pages for counties/town within a state/county. example
- JavaCompare! for state-level maps.
- Certificate of Ascertainment and Certificate of Vote images for 2000-2008.
- Presidential Electors! pages for 2000, 2004 and some states in prior years
- Expand "Other" line-item in state and county summary pages to view results for all candidates.
- Members' Weblog! - post your own weblog entries.
Status of Presidential Precint Data
The following five levels of membership are currently available:
- Contributer - time... a decent amount (more about this below).
- Purchaser - use this license if you only wish to download purchased data files.
- Student - $17/year
- Individual (1 year) - $28
- Individual (2 year) - $52
- Individual (4 year) - $99
- Individual (lifetime) - $239
- Group (5-seat) - $110/year
- Site (30-seat) - $330/year
A Purchaser member is a person who has or would like to have easy access to purchased data files, but is not interested in the paid site membership. Other paid (Student, Individual, Group, Site) and contributor licenses include access to any purchased data files.
A Contributor member is a person who is a data-nut and wants to see more information on the site. Such an individual is willing to spend a lot of time researching primary data sources, making sure that it is right, and donating these to the site. (both in electronic format and original paper copies). A contributor may also donate scripts (e.g. new features). Contributor arrangements can be made by sending me an email and we can come to an agreement. Note that a contributor will receive credit on the site for the material, but all donated material will be owned by the site.
- Obtain photocpies of the "Official Statement of the Whole Number of Votes Cast in the Commonwealth of Virginia ..." from a Virginia Library for general elections prior to 1960 and send to me
- Similar primary sources needed for Texas, Arkansas, Kentucky, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee as well as some other states for older elections - inquire
- contribute precinct-level data (complete) from a state/year that is comprehensive for all candidates.
- obtain voting-age population data for all counties in a particular year (i.e. 1996, etc.)
- calculate exact congressional district results for a state/states for a particular year/years (depends on state).
- obtain write-in votes for a candidate - say votes for Nader in Wyoming in 1996 - by precinct/county