MS PrimR: Public Policy Polling: Gingrich with slight lead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:37:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  MS PrimR: Public Policy Polling: Gingrich with slight lead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MS PrimR: Public Policy Polling: Gingrich with slight lead  (Read 4616 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« on: March 12, 2012, 01:02:01 PM »

Gingrich leads early voters 38-29-20 (G-R-S). 52% think Obama is a Muslim, 12% Christian, 36% Unsure. 66% do not believe in evolution. 29% think interracial marriage should be illegal.
Why does such a state even exist?
There is a big age gap on these questions. For example, on interracial marriage, voters under 45 support it 70-23, while voters over 65 oppose it 43-35. Given that gap, I'm guessing the numbers would be better for voters under 30, if the poll had aggregated them.
In other words, the civil rights movement really did make a difference to how people think, even for conservative whites in Mississippi. It's just that that work isn't quite finished yet.

That's better...but it's still frightening,to say the least,that 23% of voters under 45 think that interracial marriage should be illegal.

That's probably the case in a few other countries too. I certainly know there are many Austrian parents who would Roll Eyes if their daughter would date a black dude or a Muslim dude, let alone marry one of them.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 01:10:42 PM »

Gingrich leads early voters 38-29-20 (G-R-S). 52% think Obama is a Muslim, 12% Christian, 36% Unsure. 66% do not believe in evolution. 29% think interracial marriage should be illegal.
Why does such a state even exist?
There is a big age gap on these questions. For example, on interracial marriage, voters under 45 support it 70-23, while voters over 65 oppose it 43-35. Given that gap, I'm guessing the numbers would be better for voters under 30, if the poll had aggregated them.
In other words, the civil rights movement really did make a difference to how people think, even for conservative whites in Mississippi. It's just that that work isn't quite finished yet.

That's better...but it's still frightening,to say the least,that 23% of voters under 45 think that interracial marriage should be illegal.

That's probably the case in a few other countries too. I certainly know there are many Austrian parents who would Roll Eyes if their daughter would date a black dude or a Muslim dude, let alone marry one of them.

No! That can't be! Not on the englightened continent!

This is clearly limited to the Deep South of the U.S. 

Sure.

I guess about 5-15% of the Austrian population (mainly the Nazi wing of the FPÖ).

Those people have a strong pure-blood mentality.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 01:16:36 PM »

There's a non-Nazi wing of the FPÖ?

Yeah, the protest voters.

You can consider the 15% who voted for Presidential candidate Barbara Rosenkranz in 2010 as the "Nazi wing".

The other 10-15% (the FPÖ currently polls between 25-30%) are protest voters who hate the coalition and would never vote for the Greens either. People like my parents for example.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies