Pacific Council: Protect our forests act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:34:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pacific Council: Protect our forests act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pacific Council: Protect our forests act  (Read 3117 times)
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« on: August 02, 2013, 03:12:22 AM »
« edited: August 02, 2013, 03:17:09 AM by FBF »

Not sure what my view on this legislation is. While it has very good intentions, it seems a little vague to me. What do you guys think?

It is a bit vague.  Plus, section one, clause 5 needs a bit of a vamp.  I think PJ meant to put $1000 per tree.  The way it's written now, someone could cut down their entire forest with only a $1000 fine.  

Also, it would be nice if the said fine was much larger and was accompanied with minimal jail time, as well as government seizure of the forests and their respective lands to avoid future violations.  In addition, I don't see why these penalties should be excluded from section 2, clause 4.  You should just combine the two.

And why is it completely illegal to chop down rain forests on lands of 100+ acres, but not on smaller property?  You should combine again. 

And what are the penalties for section 1, clause 4?  I see you put penalties on the logging of endangered species in section 2.  Are those supposed to be in section 1 as well?  You should have them there too.

No offense, but this bill is pretty vague as well as unorganized.  We need to start over.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies