SB 20-22: Federal Budget FY 2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 10:45:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 20-22: Federal Budget FY 2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 20-22: Federal Budget FY 2020  (Read 2470 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: October 21, 2019, 03:00:55 AM »

So this only incorporates changes made so and doesn't incorporate any other alterations beyond that represented in recently passed bills?

While perhaps better way of doing, in the past the budget itself was used to make direct changes to fiscal policy. Am I assume that we are moving away from that model towards merely reflecting what is already done in the budget resolutions?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 06:23:45 PM »

So this only incorporates changes made so and doesn't incorporate any other alterations beyond that represented in recently passed bills?

While perhaps better way of doing, in the past the budget itself was used to make direct changes to fiscal policy. Am I assume that we are moving away from that model towards merely reflecting what is already done in the budget resolutions?
This is a very basic outline for the budget. As I don’t have access to the spreadsheets that the Game Moderators use, I can only estimate revenue and expenditures. I will start calculating adjusted expenditures and get back to you on that.

What is the situation with this?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 02:24:57 AM »

Does that have to be amendment in? If so, 24 hours to object.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 05:45:16 PM »

Screw it, I think Peri went off. 24 hours to object to a final vote.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 11:51:13 PM »

Damn Peri's NZ time.

Final vote time. GO!!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2019, 01:51:29 AM »

Aye
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2019, 11:35:54 AM »

Nay

I do not believe the proper procedured have been used to pass the budget. That is mostly Mr R's fault but still. Without GM intervention and costing each bill this budget is "wet paper" and essencially meaningless

That was the crux of the question I posed earlier about whether this merely reflects stuff that has happened or is actually making changes itself.

The only reason I voted Aye is because the CR is expiring soon.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2019, 05:32:48 PM »

As far as the CR goes, it either already expired or never expires, depending on how you interpret it.

Even more reason to pass it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2019, 05:40:29 PM »

Okay, maybe I didn’t make myself clear: This budget includes any bill that affected outlays and budget authority. I went through each and every bill we have passed since last March (the last time we passed a budget) and incorporated the GM Department’s projections into this budget. This includes (But is not limited to):

—The Estate Tax increase
—The Wealth Tax implementation
—President Adam’s NASA law
—Appalachia and Reservation Reinvestment
—various measures used to pass Paygo

I’m frustrated that I received no help from either the GM Department or my fellow Senators in amending this budget (with the exception of Wulfric who stepped up to help make a realistic cost estimate). This is the best we have because this is the best I can do right now.

I apologize for coming off as aggressive, but I want to see some folks step up and help out on this.

Part of my question was if amendments are appropriate or if this was the start of a new "reflective" model where changes werent made in the budget itself.

I am on my phone so might have to add to this later to clarify some points.

I will just note for the record that myself and TPH voted aye. So whatever happens here we did our part. I am not going to criticize your efforts as they are commendable.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2019, 12:12:02 AM »

Actually the buffet bill and estate tax haven't passed yet apparently per the noticeboard.

If only someone had suggested a means to expedite stuff in the House>Senate backlog

20th Regional Senate Discord DM:
NCY168910/07/2019
I just motioned for final votes on several of the VP controlled bills. We do not have any new bills in the queue for Senate originated stuff.  Just like last time, if there is stuff in the House > SEnate queue that you want to expedite go ahead and introduce independently in the Senate introduction thread and we can get it done much quicker then if it it sits and waits. Just be sure to PM Pericles when you do this so it doesn't get brought up twice.

NCY168910/13/2019
New bill on the floor
also Adam wants that bill in slot 17, which is VP controlled. Pericles doesn't have it presently displayed on his copy of the noticeboard but it can be viewed on mine. Slot 17 (Emergencies) Restricted Use/Presidential Authorization  - VP Administered

Since:
Ends:
@everyone Also I must continue to pound this drum, but we need more bills.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2019, 12:20:39 AM »

Given that, I'd really would prefer to see this passed the Senate and amend if needed. And honestly if the rest of Labor caucus votes this down, I don't think it'd put DC, who has been the only one actually trying to get numbers and do stuff as of late, in a very fun spot going forward.

It kind of reminds me of early 2013 during Marokai/Duke administration, which was a Labor/TPP ticket.  TPP Senators killed a bunch of Marokai's reform proposals, they had 4/10 seats and Labor had 2 or 3.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2019, 02:23:31 AM »

Given that, I'd really would prefer to see this passed the Senate and amend if needed. And honestly if the rest of Labor caucus votes this down, I don't think it'd put DC, who has been the only one actually trying to get numbers and do stuff as of late, in a very fun spot going forward.

It kind of reminds me of early 2013 during Marokai/Duke administration, which was a Labor/TPP ticket.  TPP Senators killed a bunch of Marokai's reform proposals, they had 4/10 seats and Labor had 2 or 3.

At least they were (presumably) due to ideological differences.

DC is the only one giving a crap about numbers and the budget and he's getting shooted down by his own party almost out of nowhere. We've generally been pretty productive and cohesive legislative wise during Adam's presidency so far. Let's not screw up now.

On paper they were all "centrists". Of course that can mean totally different things. Benconstine,  Averroes Nix, Oakvale and Franzl were the Senators in question if memory serves me.

They also voted down Marokai's GM nominee (twice). Some guy named Adam: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=170079.msg3647753#msg3647753

Granted I might have overlooked a PM on this, but I would have assisted DC to the extent that I could if asked. I am not an expert on the cost and adjustments, but I could have lifted some of his burned with compilation of passed stuff so he could focus on the other stuff.

I had thought Adam had a team of people working on this behind the scenes until just a week ago.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2019, 02:59:29 AM »

Sure. Be just like old times with Vern, Purple State and myself in June 2009.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2019, 03:30:11 AM »

This is almost like that time I walked into a crisis and managed somehow as a result get considered for err err President, yea President.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2019, 10:28:01 PM »

Technically Peanut and MB could displace their predecessors votes up until expiration of time. But I think everyone has voted. Ontario was the last one.

Pericles?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies