Tennessee
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:21:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Tennessee
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Tennessee  (Read 8005 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2004, 12:16:38 AM »

I finally get a break.  Now, someone tell me who Randy Newman is.

Wow, I thought you would know him - your lyrics posts inspired me to include him.  Look him up online, he's great.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2004, 12:22:24 AM »

Ah, I love LA.  Yes, now it comes back.  OMC has a fantastic remake of that.  Check it out.  And Short People.  Old stuff.  Glad I could be of some inspiration, Opebo.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2004, 12:24:22 AM »

Ah, I love LA.  Yes, now it comes back.  OMC has a fantastic remake of that.  Check it out.  And Short People.  Old stuff.  Glad I could be of some inspiration, Opebo.

And there's the one about nuking the rest of the world - 'Political Science' I believe.. that and Its Money that Matters are my favorites.
MarkDel

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2004, 12:26:06 AM »

I was definitely more of a Gary Numan guy than a Randy Newman guy.

My thing back in those days was stuff like The Clash, The Smiths, Adam & The Ants, etc...
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2004, 12:28:30 AM »

Sea of Blue.  See how calm it gets, boys.  Republicans are such an optimistic crowd.
CTguy

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2004, 12:45:29 AM »

Yeah they're so optimistic they lead us off to war based on a lie about weapons of mass destruction...

I just had to break up the Grand OLD party convention before bed.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2004, 12:46:42 AM »

a rude awakening indeed.  now shuffle away into whatever hole you crawled out of.
CTguy

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2004, 12:48:09 AM »

Ah Republican civility...  is great...  
MarkDel

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2004, 12:49:57 AM »

a rude awakening indeed.  now shuffle away into whatever hole you crawled out of.

LOL
CTguy

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2004, 12:51:37 AM »

Yawn...  Graduates of Princeton are entitled to a school email even if they graduated before the internet was invented by Al Gore.
MarkDel

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2004, 12:54:18 AM »

Yawn...  Graduates of Princeton are entitled to a school email even if they graduated before the internet was invented by Al Gore.

SO WHAT??? I have nothing to do with that school at this point. They tortured me for four years, I paid off my student loans, they ask for money, I say  off...why would I want an e-mail address from them?
MarkDel

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2004, 12:54:50 AM »

By the way, this argument was in another thread, try and keep your insults straight.
CTguy

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2004, 12:56:30 AM »

Because school emails are better than most work emails or "hotmails" as they usually give you 50-100 mb of storage and block all spam.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2004, 12:58:47 AM »

Some of you Republicans were discussing in some thread about CTguy's real purpose on this forum. I HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER: He is here to sell MarkDel a Princeton internet account. He won't let off til Mark has bought it!
MarkDel

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2004, 01:01:01 AM »

Lewis,

Now THAT was funny. Good job at offering some quality humor to an unintentionally humorous discussion!!!
CTguy

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2004, 01:15:44 AM »

Some of you Republicans were discussing in some thread about CTguy's real purpose on this forum. I HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER: He is here to sell MarkDel a Princeton internet account. He won't let off til Mark has bought it!

My purpose is to entertain myself as can only be accomplished with the likes of morons like MarkDel...  But it has gotten boring...  I think I'll see if the forum gets interesting another 6 months from now...

What happened to that old guy that used to post as the NaderHater or something...  now that was humour and intelligence that never got tiring!  MarkDel has already gotten boring...    
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2004, 01:18:05 AM »

LMAO
MarkDel

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2004, 01:18:42 AM »

CTGuy,

Oh boy, CTGuy said I was dumb...I guess it's time for me to limp away before my bruised ego gets damaged further. Gosh, golly, I wish I was as smart as him...and as personable too...LOL
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2004, 01:21:32 AM »

The laughter continues.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2004, 01:21:38 AM »

Survey USA has Bush up 11 points in Tennessee.  No surprise here.  In fact, I don't see any real surprises in any state polls for each side.  Republicans holding their states and Dems holding theirs with Florida, Ohio, and Penn all within the margin of error.  Nothing earth shattering anywhere.

Gore will try to rally some support down there, maybe cut into Bush's lead, but Bush will win.
dunn

« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2004, 02:17:02 AM »

lol
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2004, 03:57:45 AM »

Survey USA has Bush up 11 points in Tennessee.  No surprise here.  In fact, I don't see any real surprises in any state polls for each side.  Republicans holding their states and Dems holding theirs with Florida, Ohio, and Penn all within the margin of error.  Nothing earth shattering anywhere.

Gore will try to rally some support down there, maybe cut into Bush's lead, but Bush will win.

That’s right Angus… lets make a desperate attempt to break away from the highly entertaining if immature bating of CTguy… thank god I live in the Mid-West for the moment we’re too important to get the piss taken out of us…At leas I hope so…

No but back to TN…if only Harold Ford was a SN… that guy is going far, a very very long way…perhaps all the way.. but back to the topic Brendsen should help a little and Gore might get the older loyalists out but I would say a Bush win of around 4-7%...somewhere between marginally comfortable and solid
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2004, 06:47:38 AM »

Tennessee is a very strange state (which is partially why I like it Smiley )... due to the fact that it's still divided on Civil War lines it's always a winnable state for both parties...
Now then...
A SUSA poll has Bush leading by 11% (not sure what MoE is though)
A Mason Dixon poll has Bush leading by 4% (inside MoE)
A poll by "The Survey Group/MTSU" has Bush leading by 4% (inside MoE)

Tennessee'll depend on whether the Dem turnout in Mid Tennessee can match the GOP turnout in East Tennessee...

Issues? Hah! Who needs issues when you can decide elections on good ol' tribal loyalties!
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2004, 08:03:33 AM »

Kerry needs to ignore the south, with the exception of Florida.  He has NO chance anywhere else in a 50-50 election.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2004, 08:48:28 AM »

I doubt Tennessee will go to Kerry or be in play. Waste of time. Only reason it was close last time was because Al Gore was from there and still did not win his home state.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies