MO-Remington: GOP sweep (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:18:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  MO-Remington: GOP sweep (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MO-Remington: GOP sweep  (Read 8615 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 09, 2017, 12:27:10 PM »
« edited: July 09, 2017, 12:31:17 PM by MT Treasurer »

RIP Devout Centrist, lol.

Not surprising. This race is likely R.

This, even though the GOP obviously can't take anything for granted.
Btw: Before the McCaskill fanboys try to spin this, Remington's final poll in 2016 was very accurate (Blunt +3). https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=250381.0

In any case, this race isn't Lean D, LMAO.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 01:46:09 AM »
« Edited: July 10, 2017, 02:24:26 AM by MT Treasurer »

Once again, we're seeing a lot of partisan GOP pollsters. I'd like to see an independent pollster. I do have Missouri having a lot of the same dynamics as West Virginia, so I can see this being plausible, but I don't want to accept this without a non-partisan poll or averaging it with a D pollster.

Again, this pollster even underestimated Trump's final margin in MO, but their Senate numbers were dead-on (Blunt +3). This is a "Republican" pollster the same way PPP is a "Democratic" pollster, and these numbers look quite plausible anyway. You don't have to "accept" it if you don't want to, but the numbers are what they are.

This race will be a competitive Tossup, news at 11

Seriously, Wagner staying out should be the clearest hint that this won't be a Blanching

Actually, that doesn't seem to be why Wagner stayed out. She seems to have opted against running, as she felt snubbed by NRSC/MO GOP, who seem more interested in Josh Hawley.

Curious why they'd snub one of their most prodigious fundraisers
This race will be a competitive Tossup, news at 11

Seriously, Wagner staying out should be the clearest hint that this won't be a Blanching

Actually, that doesn't seem to be why Wagner stayed out. She seems to have opted against running, as she felt snubbed by NRSC/MO GOP, who seem more interested in Josh Hawley.

Curious why they'd snub one of their most prodigious fundraisers

I'd guess a) because they didn't want to risk losing her House seat and b) because she is tied to the Washington Establishment - ask Roy Blunt how badly this can impact your numbers. I do believe she would have won this race, though.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 05:07:57 PM »

It’s funny how all the McCaskill fans keep bumping threads like this to mock Republicans for making overconfident predictions when, uh, McCaskill hasn’t even won yet. Rating the race Likely D is just as ridiculous as rating it Likely R.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 05:42:59 PM »

It’s funny how all the McCaskill fans keep bumping threads like this to mock Republicans for making overconfident predictions when, uh, McCaskill hasn’t even won yet. Rating the race Likely D is just as ridiculous as rating it Likely R.

It's a solid Lean D.

Yeah, with the current polling average for this race, I’d definitely come to the same conclusion. No one should be surprised if McCaskill wins, but I don’t see how she’s suddenly heavily favored.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 02:23:38 PM »

It's a solid Lean D.
Yeah.

Anyway, thanks for the bump, Politician. Turns out Hawley won by... 6 points.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies