October 2017 Federalist Party Convention - Partial Results (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:20:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  October 2017 Federalist Party Convention - Partial Results (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: October 2017 Federalist Party Convention - Partial Results  (Read 19717 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2017, 03:18:22 AM »

Last day to vote.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2017, 11:09:36 PM »

Federalist Party Primary
Leadership, Platform, Bylaws and Convention City
October 13th - 15th

This begins at 12:00 AM EST on October 13th and will be open for 72 hours

OFFICIAL BALLOT
Chairman:
[ X ] NC Yankee

Vice Chairman:
[ X ] Fhtagn

Platform:
Should the Platform be amended to the following text

[ X ] Aye
[  ] Nay

Bylaws:
Amendment 1
Should the following bylaw amendment restricting voting within the Federalist Party primaries to those who registered within the first 72 hours of the convention comencing.

[  ] Aye
[  ] Nay
[ X ] Abstain

February Convention City:
Please preference the following cities in numerical order -

[ 1 ] Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
[  ] Atlantic City, New Jersey
[  ] Reading, Pennsylvania
[  ] Jacksonville, Illinois
[  ] Holland, Michigan
[ 3 ] Louisville, Kentucky
[ 2 ] Greensboro, North Carolina
[ 4 ] London, England
[  ] Edinburgh, Scotland
[  ] Cardiff, Wales
[ 8 ] Portland, Maine
[  ] Knoxville, Tennessee
[ 5 ] Nashville, Tennessee
[ 6 ] Providence, Rhode Island
[ 7 ] Kansas City, Missouri
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2017, 11:10:14 PM »

Still time to vote! Just under an hour remains!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2017, 12:29:28 AM »
« Edited: October 16, 2017, 12:32:33 AM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

Results

Chairman:
NC Yankee (14): AZ, DFW, TheSaint250, Fhtagn, Leinad, Encke, Santander, LT, ReaganClinton, Haslam2020, Vern1988, RGN08, Heatcharger, NC Yankee
Blank (1): Mr. R

Vice-Chairman  
Fhtagn (13): AZ, DFW, TheSaint250, Fhtagn, Leinad, Encke, Santander, LT, ReaganClinton, Haslam2020, Vern1988, RGN08, NC Yankee
Blank (2): Mr. R, Heatcharger

Platform:

Aye (11): AZ, DFW, The Saint250, Fhtagn, Leinad, Encke, LT, ReaganClinton, Vern1988, RGN08, NC Yankee
Nay (2): Santander, Heatcharger
Blank (1): Haslam2020

Bylaw Amendment 1

Aye (5): AZ, Leinad, Encke, Santander, LT, RGN08
Nay (6): DFW, Fhtagn, ReaganClinton, Haslam, Vern1988, Heatcharger
Abstain (1): NC Yankee
Blank (1): TheSaint250

I hereby certify the following Results:

Chairman:
#LifeHack

Vice Chairman:
Fhtagn

Platform Amendment
Adopted

Bylaw Amendment 1
Rejected
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2017, 12:40:14 AM »
« Edited: October 16, 2017, 12:43:28 AM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

Been a few years, but it feels like its only been two days!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2017, 02:41:24 AM »

Serious this time

Chairman:
NC Yankee (14): AZ, DFW, TheSaint250, Fhtagn, Leinad, Encke, Santander, LT, ReaganClinton, Haslam2020, Vern1988, RGN08, Heatcharger, NC Yankee
Blank (1): Mr. R

Vice-Chairman 
Fhtagn (13): AZ, DFW, TheSaint250, Fhtagn, Leinad, Encke, Santander, LT, ReaganClinton, Haslam2020, Vern1988, RGN08, NC Yankee
Blank (2): Mr. R, Heatcharger

Platform:

Aye (11): AZ, DFW, The Saint250, Fhtagn, Leinad, Encke, LT, ReaganClinton, Vern1988, RGN08, NC Yankee
Nay (2): Santander, Heatcharger
Blank (1): Haslam2020

Bylaw Amendment 1

Aye (5): AZ, Leinad, Encke, Santander, LT, RGN08
Nay (6): DFW, Fhtagn, ReaganClinton, Haslam, Vern1988, Heatcharger
Abstain (1): NC Yankee
Blank (1): TheSaint250

I hereby certify the following Results:

Chairman:
NC Yankee

Vice Chairman:
Fhtagn

Platform Amendment
Adopted

Bylaw Amendment 1
Rejected

February 2018 Convention City:
Pittsburgh
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2017, 11:54:04 PM »

You know somewhere in all of this, I take it that some people lost sight of the point. And I find that disturbing, because it illustrates that some of people have forgotten or taken the wrong lessons from 2015.

2015 isn't the issue. Oakvale isn't the issue. It is the actions you take, the actions that go too far to achieve a desired objective. When you lose sight of that, you become what you detest. You become the next Oakvale, Nappy, whoever.

Now this may come as a shock to some, but I am not about to go off on some tirade over any of this. What I am going to do, is the same thing I did in September 2016.

I am taking back control of this convention. I am going to hold off on holding any votes, you might say a shutdown if you will, until I can find out What the hell is going on.

Now if any of you have a problem with that, you know giving me the space that I asked for on Friday when I begged for obvious reasons to avoid any confrontations over the weekend, well I might consider revisiting my statement about no tirades.

Now everyone is going to calm down, take a deep breath, smoke some reefer and shut the hell up for a few minutes.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2017, 03:33:33 AM »

A vote is now open on the motion to expel Oakvale from the Federalist Party. Members shall have 48 hours to cast their votes. This will be restricted members who were registered with the party at the time the motion for expulsion was brought.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2017, 09:36:28 PM »

If we open this can of worms and start purging dutiful party members, where does it end? Am I next? fhtagn? NCYankee?? Leinad himself?? Do note, even Robespierre was ultimately murdered by his own reign of terror

I will tell you the minute that anyone tries to determine my registration for me, either by dissolution or expulsion or whatever is the minute where I will promptly tell them to go f themselves.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2017, 10:30:58 PM »

Throughout my opposition to the various radical proposals, they were always guided by principles. Belief in equality before the law and the dangers posed towards such when the Judiciary was skewed or when the simple majority was not constrained, or when the tyranny of the gov't was left unchecked. I have long fought to preserve those checks and balances to keep our system from veering off course and to ensure that we have a democratic society, one in which democracy is present but not absolute to the point of being taken to excess. Such situations are that most dangerous of circumstances, and are fundamentally dangerous to the rights of political minorities.

In regards to our party's philosophy, one which I have strive to make based on those principles since becoming Chairman, we are fully committed to those checks and balances, the independent judiciary, opposition to executive branch tyranny (as demonstrated by the Bore Administration appointees), and opposition to an unrestrained simple majority. Oakvale has indeed been on the opposite side of most everyone of these fights over the past four years.

However, as I said last night, the cycle of Atlasia over the past nine years has been one of someone or some group taking on the role of the next "big bad" by virtue of going too far to achieve the defeat of the previous big bad. We saw this with the actions taken in June 2013 by the radicals to try and defeat Napoleon and his Liberal machine, this marked the turning point in my relationship with Oakvale and a realignment of Atlasian politics.

It is when we lose sight of these fundamental principles, and the importance of these institutional safe guards that we lose our soul and become what we have long fought against. I understand the concerns of those who have expressed dismay over Oakvale being in the party, but he can do no more damage, no greater diminution of Federalist principles then what us Federalists do to eliminate him in the name of his past actions contrary to those principles.

Aside from the above principles, I have long been hostile the notion of a simple majority being able to determine for someone else, their partisan political affiliation. I have thus opposed the process of Party Dissolution, and have opposed every party's dissolution that has occurred since 2010. The most distasteful of these events would be the dissolution of the Regional Protection Party, which was affected solely to satiate the mad ego of bgwah who demanded that only through our dissolution, would he agree to dissolve the wrongly believed to be unbeatable JCP.

If a person believes a party is dead, is not their right to stay just long enough to force their will on someone who disagrees with them. There is thus no dissolution process in the Federalist Party bylaws and there never will be, as long as I am chairman. There is no justifying this heinous process. If they are right, the party will wither to nothing or a few holdouts, if they are wrong then they will have murdered a party because they are too blind and selfish to see something through someone else's eyes and to allow them the chance to make it work. Party membership is an expression of free will, an expression of one's political views, and if you believe a party is dead, it is "your right" to depart from the party, its not your right to impose your view on those who disagree simply because a simple majority agrees with you. This goes to the very heart and soul of protecting the freedom of the minority from the temporary impulses of the Majority.

To anyone who has truly paid attention to my beliefs, my core principles, my actions over the past nine years, this will come as no surprise. And I hope it will prompt some careful considerations, because I think the most important thing we have to remember is fundamentally, we are Federalists, because we believe that the "federal system" will best protect equal justice, ward off arbitrary law and protect people from tyranny, be it either that of the majority of the people, or that of the out of control state or executive.

I respect the right of others to have a different opinion and a different interpretation, but I trust and expect that I will be afforded the same right to a different opinion and a different interpretation, that upon reviewing my principles, my philosophical beliefs and my soul that the only way that I can possibly vote and stay true to those principles, is NAY.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2017, 04:04:25 AM »
« Edited: December 07, 2017, 04:06:12 AM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

Results:
Aye (19): Leinad, Encke, Classic, Jimmy, Dead0man, Celticempire, AZ, Rfayette, DTC, Alabama Indy, Greedo, Bagel23, IndyRep, ReaganClinton20xx, HillGoose, PiT, SingleTXGuy, Heisenberg, Enduro  
Nay (11): Potus, fhtagn, Chardee, Heatcharger, Oakvale, ThatConservativeGuy, Bacon King, Pessimistic, PoliticalMasta, NC Yankee, RGN08,
Abstain (2): Mr. R, LT

The motion is adopted.

However, I will draw your attention to following passages.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Congress grants the authority to regulate voter regulation to the Congress. I can find no post-reset statute establishing a process by which the parties can alter the registration of voters as administered by the Registrar General. I mean that could be dangerous, imagine if Labor voted to remove all the Federalists from the rolls? We cannot have that, obviously, so naturally there are strict rules governing that sort of thing as there should be.

Congress has not passed any laws establishing this procedure, but it does have a law on the books (cited above) that establishes party affiliation as an optional choice of the registrant. As the closest thing we can find to a statute on this matter, it must be taken as the governing authority and our bylaws cannot contradict constitutionally granted legislative authority exercised by the Congress.

Therefore, while the motion is adopted, I do not feel that I can legally request the RG To change Mr. Oakvale's registration, nor would I advise the Registrar General to take such an action, without first consulting with legal assistance and preparing for the possibility of a lawsuit that would from my interpretations succeed in all likelihood.

The simple fact of the matter is that a lot of pre-reset assumptions were carried over post reset, but the laws that underpin those long held assumptions were of course wiped clean and never passed again subsequent to the reset. This is not the first time where we have found such assumptions to be baseless as a result of this, and thus should not be surprised that it is the case with expulsion. Also, the provisions in our bylaws dealing with expulsion, date back to 2013 if not 2012, which is pre-reset.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2017, 04:39:47 AM »

So, basically, Oakvale can no longer participate in federalist conventions or primaries, but could still run in a general election as the federalist nominee? LOL Atlasia.

Depending on interpretations, he can basically just reregister and void all those restrictions too. But yes, considering the statutory situation, at best expulsion removes the eligibility described in clause 1 of that sections of the bylaws:

But like I said these weren't really worded for this situation either, since these were composed years ago, before the reset.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2018, 12:25:15 AM »

A official statement from Greedo The Hunter for Congress.

Hello, I think the motion against me is a disgrace to me and my supporters. I have been attacked unfairly for the past three months by Liberals on this site, so yes in the past two weeks,I have become super bitter. But that doesn’t give the party a right to ban me.In real life I have campaigned for a lot of republican candidates. Such as Vicki Kraft,I1552,Marty McClendon,Liz Pike,Dan Coursy. I have gone to the Oregon liberty alliance, my dad was a delegate for Ted Cruz at the RNC in 2016. I am a hardcore Conservative Republican/Federalist. I will always be a republican/federalist. I admit that I am not the best poster on here,and that I have made mistakes but even when I made mistakes, I have always in enjoyed the interesting debate of politics.

Greedo The Hunter

Bitterness can often lead to bad decisions and even statements one would regret. While partisan warfare reaches certain heights in real life, it is less productive in a game where the fighting is more close quarters and the participation is voluntary, thus a greater degree if tact and respect is necessary at the same that it is also necessary for a restoration of passions that motivate debate and interaction. In essence, an effective balance.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2018, 12:48:43 PM »

I generally find that worst decisions in this game, and the ones most regretted, are those made in the immediate aftermath of an event.

I would like to say that I am truly sorry for the large amount of shame and pain that I have brought unto this party, and I promise to do my very best to reform and be much more thoughtful about my posts from here on out. A more detailed apology can be found here:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=282806.msg6020321#new

Once again, I am truly sorry.

I am generally in favor of giving second chances and therefore I accept your apology and trust that you truly will make a serious effort in this regard.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2018, 12:49:39 PM »

Friends,

I wish to apply for readmission to the Federalist Party as a full member in good standing.

I have been elected to Congress as a Federalist by the people of Atlasia and sit in that chamber as a member of the party. I will, God willing, soon be serving in the Cabinet of a Federalist president, whom I campaigned for and voted for in the last election.

In addition to these imperatives, I furthermore believe that there is reason to believe that the expulsion of political party members may, under current statute, be unconstitutional.

Let us turn the page on an unfortunate chapter in our history.

It came to my attention at too late a stage that there is no law providing for political parties to be able to expel their members. For my part as someone who supported the expulsion effort, I view it as null and void in light of this fact. That is, while it is not my determination to make, I am of the opinion that you should still legally count as a full member in good standing.

This was how I viewed it (and iirc, Yankee saw it this way too).

Yes and I would think that his reregistration would have eliminated any doubt since there are no provisions in the bylaws or statute on this matter.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2018, 12:51:48 PM »

In which case I believe the new Federalist Presidential candidate would pick a new Vice Presidential candidate.

Losing PiT as VP would be perhaps the least desirable thing possible and major loss to the functioning of Congress, for which an active VP is now an indispensable reality.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2018, 12:54:13 PM »

With the caveat that I intend to support Fhtagn's re-election bid Winfield has an obvious point that it seems strange for us to continue on as normal after our standard bearer abruptly left the party.

Well to the extent that "Continue as normal" implies every month having a similar inner party confrontation that leads to one or more people leaving and many others within the party having a bitter taste in their mouths for it, I would completely agree. That has to end and it is going to end.

It is my hope that as a party we can make changes necessary to earn back at least some of the people who have been estranged by these confrontations.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies