As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:15:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 319411 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2012, 01:00:17 PM »

Is it weird that I have them all saved?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2012, 08:45:08 PM »

He is saving himself for a nice Kenyan girl.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2012, 10:22:12 AM »

He is saving himself for a nice Kenyan girl.

He is now an Indian chief so his interests are a little closer to home...

Ah yes! I forgot about this. Could get more intersting now.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2012, 08:58:10 AM »

Good Friday Morning! Thursday evening at work, I received a HUGE promise from my employer based on what I have dealt with for the past two years. They promised me that neither Xerox nor Apple will let me go unless my attendance goes down the toilet. Even if I perform terribly, they have promised to do everything they can to coach me in the right direction. I have NEVER received that promise from ANY employer in the 13 years I've been in the work force (starting from my first job at KFC in May 1999). I don't know what to make of it, yet. I really do enjoy what I do. It doesn't pay much, but it pays in other ways besides monetary. I have one more day of nesting this evening and then I will get Saturday off before I go into work on Sunday at 1:15 pm. They are holding themselves to a very high standard and I'm going to take them at their word, because that's all I can do. I've switched between jobs way too much and now that I'm 9 months from 31 years old, I need to settle down in one spot and ride it out! I'm getting close to mid-life years and I cannot afford to keep hopping from job to job. I'm going to stay put. They have given me a promise that they will not let me go as long as I go to work everyday. I will return the favor with a promise of my own that I will not leave them.

As always, did you get this promise in writing? Because If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2012, 01:57:44 PM »

So.. you made a promise not to leave them, but you're going to leave them in 2 1/2 years? That seems pretty rude.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2012, 08:25:58 AM »

You do realize that stretching it out over the course of the day doesn't help. By the time you get your heart rate up, you're at your desk.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2012, 08:45:20 AM »

I'm still puzzled as to why in the fock this reached 100+ pages.

There's such thing as a joke getting old, guys. Time to take this one out in the backyard and shoot it.

You werent here for Tiffanye. So, ya know.. gtfo.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2012, 03:03:17 PM »

^ Exactly.  Looking like a child predator tends to give people the impression that you are a child predator.

I couldn't agree moar.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2012, 08:28:49 PM »

you are a afraid to go to a park because you are a single man?  wtf?

there are no tracks or trials anywhere?   you dont have to have kids to exercise....outdoors.  is jokelahoma really that bad?

That's a pretty silly question, Ray.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #109 on: July 18, 2012, 08:28:10 AM »

Why don't you just get a dog walker to walk you around the block a few times? Kind of like what they did to Arthur on King of Queens.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2012, 08:18:51 AM »

Wow...just...wow
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2012, 01:35:31 PM »

How do you know what a heart attack feels like without knowing what one feels like? Sometimes an irregular heart beat is said to feel nearly similiar to one, and it can be very rare.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #112 on: July 20, 2012, 08:44:33 AM »

I agree, whatever motivates you to lose weight is good. See, I don't use the possibility of me dying 30 to 40 years early as a motivation. The thought of me seeing a black President was mine. Of course, that happened in 2008 so I just stoped working out.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2012, 06:58:40 AM »

Maybe when I go up to Oklahoma next month I'll take him out for a nice walk in the park with me, so he doesn't feel like a pedo.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2012, 02:57:42 PM »

I think mine turn up to be like.. $31 an hour or so. It's hard to tell with any commissions or bonus.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2012, 08:30:26 AM »

Things change.  God doesn't.  You were telling us you knew that God was telling you - that he spoke to you.  God's spoken words don't change.

What are you trying to accomplish, Inks?

Mockery.....shame Mik won't slap him with quick 10 death point barage.

Why would he? He's just mentioning what Bushie has already told us.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2012, 09:29:32 AM »

Jeff..I know you're nervous about possibly renting out your house, but perhaps you could speak to your church about someone who might need it on a month to month basis. That way, you've got someone who you might feel comfortable with living there and helping you with the bills. If things fail in Utah and you move back, worse thing that happens is you live with your parents for a few weeks until they've moved out, and you're back in your house.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2012, 03:30:45 PM »

Definitely rent the house. Leaving a house vacant only leads to problems. My grandfather has his old home in North Carolina that he refuses to rent and it costs him $25,000 a year to maintain with all the problems and the like that goes on. If you're making only $33,000 a year, I doubt you will be able to maintain two properties, and it would be selfish to ask your parents to foot the bill yet again for it because you're too afraid to make a full jump to Utah.

Don't go out there expecting to fail or keeping a safety net. The best way to go it is to go and make the best of it, whatever happens will happen and you will learn from it.

I couldn't agree with this more. Of course, I wasn't dependent on my parents before I moved out of Connecticut, but now that I'm in Texas, I'm even more independent now than I was before. This move to Utah will help you grow up quite a bit. But seriously, don't leave your house vacant. You simply can't afford rent in Utah, and to pay mortgage, and your utilities in Oklahoma at that pay. I'm sure there is a family from your church who could use a house for a few months, and you could use the money, especially with your pay now.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #118 on: August 02, 2012, 08:45:56 AM »

Glad to hear you doing this Jeff. It's a big step in really growing up. You'll find life is really different when you put this kind of distance between you and your family. Don't get me wrong, I miss my family and friends back in Connecitcut and now Pennsylvania,... But I'm loving making a new life for myself.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2012, 04:16:35 PM »

That's what I always did when I have a long ride or move. Leave at 4 or so in the morning, that way you can get a few hours on the road before any potential traffic.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #120 on: August 05, 2012, 07:48:33 PM »

Hmm... I still think something is really odd. I have to go up to Oklahoma the 19th through the 21st for work, and the day before I'm supposed to get there Jeff leaves. I'm wondering, perhaps he isn't real after all.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #121 on: August 07, 2012, 08:27:51 AM »

Haven't read this in a week or so. Anyone got the cliffnotes?

Basically, I got a promotion at work and am moving to Salt Lake City, Utah on August 18.

How long were you working at this job again?  You must have made quite an impression because wouldn't you still be under probation and not even covered by health insurance yet?

I started June 18.  When I first started, they kept mentioning over and over about the likelihood of a quick first promotion.  Sure enough, at the end of Week 4, they announced that interviews for these higher positions would be starting very soon.  I had the interview for the supervisor position on July 23 and found out that i had the job in Salt Lake City on July 30.  I'm not eligible for benefits until January 1, but I can still keep the Indian Clinic here in Oklahoma for my medicine and for a yearly checkup.  Probation was supposed to end on August 17 after 2 full months, but they liked me well enough because I was there early everyday, I passed all my tests by much more than the minimum score, and I had great Customer Satisfaction Survey results.

What in the hell kind of company makes you wait over six months for benefits!?

Yeah, that's pretty weird. When I got this job, I got my benefits the first day, and was able to go to the doctor the same day.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #122 on: August 07, 2012, 07:42:32 PM »

Why you leaving so early now?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #123 on: August 08, 2012, 07:56:23 AM »

Jeff, I have a suggestion for you. Don't get a new drivers License, tags and all that before you start working. I've lived by the 3 month rule. You are normally given a 3 month grace period on it, and that way you should be stable at that point. If something happens and you're out of a job before that, and you have to move back to Oklahoma, you wont be out the money for changing them back and forth.

Of course, that's what I've been doing with all my moves this year.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #124 on: August 09, 2012, 08:56:29 AM »

But...you're going to spend all this money to introduce yourself? If he wants to meet face to face next week, the company should be paying it, not you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies