West Virginia Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:21:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  West Virginia Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: West Virginia Megathread  (Read 23509 times)
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 13, 2013, 02:55:45 PM »

F***in' right.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 02:54:48 PM »

These people, if anything, will be the ones to screw up this race. If SMC somehow loses the primary, this will be the Nevada 2010 of 2014.

Or SMC wins the primary and this will be the North Dakota 2012 of 2014. Or even maybe the Wisconsin 2012 of 2014, who knows? Tennant is only trailing Capito by 5 with 15% undecided, Capito's platform is way outside the norm of WV (fiscally conservative, socially moderate), Tennat has been elected statewide whereas Capito hasn't, WV prefers Democrats on the state level...I can keep listing the reasons why this will be competitive but I'll spare you for now.

To be fair to the Republicans that poll overestimated the Tomblin race last year. Leans R. At most a tossup with McGeehan.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 06:49:49 PM »

These people, if anything, will be the ones to screw up this race. If SMC somehow loses the primary, this will be the Nevada 2010 of 2014.

Or SMC wins the primary and this will be the North Dakota 2012 of 2014. Or even maybe the Wisconsin 2012 of 2014, who knows? Tennant is only trailing Capito by 5 with 15% undecided, Capito's platform is way outside the norm of WV (fiscally conservative, socially moderate), Tennat has been elected statewide whereas Capito hasn't, WV prefers Democrats on the state level...I can keep listing the reasons why this will be competitive but I'll spare you for now.

To be fair to the Republicans that poll overestimated the Tomblin race last year. Leans R. At most a tossup with McGeehan.

Lean R for now with the potential to become a toss-up based on how the campaign going and the polling changes. Lean D with McGeehan.

True. I won't go that far with McGeehan yet though. Last time an establishment candidate got bagged in a red state friendly to Democrats the more conservative candidate won handily.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 12:35:19 PM »

So Likely R?
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 08:52:48 PM »

Welcome to the forum. We're a bit left-leaning, but you're not a hack or a troll, so you'll fit in well with us.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 02:40:28 AM »

Article on the Senate race.

The essence of the article is that, basically, in case ya'll didn't pick up on it, Capito is favored.
That's obvious with the state's huge Obama hatred and Capito's big 17 point lead there, but the "Manchin Effect" could possibly repeat itself if the timings right. Tennant already got his endorsement and seems to be using the same strategy that Manchin used in 2010. Now while the national tide might favor Tennant more than it did in the year Manchin was elected, the problem is the presumptive GOP nominee isn't crazy like Raese was. The race still heavily favors Capito, but I think Tennant could possibly recover from this if she avoids connecting herself Obama at all costs and tries connecting Congresswoman Capito to the dysfunction happening in DC.

Tennant also has a much lower profile than Manchin, and is most likely less popular than he was IIRC in 2010.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 07:28:45 PM »

I agree. Capito is tolerable - even by my liberal friend's standards.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 03:32:55 PM »

Josh Nelson, a GOP incumbent, forgot to file for reelection, and AFAIK, no other GOPers have.

Quite literally D+1.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 08:37:50 PM »

Isn't Capito pro-choice? I can't see abortion becoming an issue.

Yeah, she's decently pro-choice too. Let's hope some crazy socon third-party guy runs.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 09:06:33 PM »

Rahall sounds desperate.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 11:08:00 PM »

Almost said he was doing that too.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 12:54:41 AM »

Well if he wants to run with Obamacare, this is a damn good way to do it. This, and the other ad spot the Majority PAC put out, are pretty impressive.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 03:15:28 PM »

I don't quite know what to think about this poll.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies