October 2017 Federalist Party Convention - Partial Results (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 08:07:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  October 2017 Federalist Party Convention - Partial Results (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: October 2017 Federalist Party Convention - Partial Results  (Read 19774 times)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« on: September 15, 2017, 07:35:41 PM »

X Former President and other stuff dfwlibertylover
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 05:51:42 PM »

Hi Poirot, if you need a true justification for emergency, the city of Jacksonville has requested that we clear out quickly as they are trying to recover from Hurricane Irma, thus we have agreed to speed things up on their behalf. As for why we didn't move the Convention, Jacksonville still wanted our money and our money that we paid for the convention will help the city of Jacksonville recover from the Hurricane, thanks for understanding and be sure to donate to the effort!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 02:37:13 AM »

Whoever is offering positions for votes, you need to stop and you know who you are. If you don't stop, I will leak said exchanges and I will motion for your expulsion. You know who you are and you need to stop.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 03:58:14 PM »

Wow Baconking, Adam wouldn't be very happy if you ran for a seat as a Federalist, unless it was to like, you know, undermind us or something. All of that aside, the point of the October convention is to elect party leadership, determine new party rules, etc. so you can stick around for that if you feel the need, I am actually 99.9% certain we could've held a primary outside of the convention, considering I held a Southern Senate primary outside of the convention before, it's all very up to the discretion of the chair, who is, at the moment, North Carolina Yankee. I am the one who tracked Hurricane Irma in game with full permission from the GM, so yeah I'm aware, the options that were presented were to move the primary up and then hold the rules stuff in Boston,MA (which may also be hit by a TS), or postpone all of that, we are still in the process of deciding. Thanks for the fun logical mind games dear.

As for the whole vote buying thing, if I wanted to say who it was, I would've said it at the time, I am in hopes that they will STOP and that they decide to return to campaigning with actual standards.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 10:58:16 PM »

I am now getting conflicting stories, so I will investigate. If it ends up that this was all a misunderstanding, it still would be less of a waste of time than Poirot's ramblings, so oh well I guess.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 12:08:27 AM »

I am now getting conflicting stories, so I will investigate. If it ends up that this was all a misunderstanding, it still would be less of a waste of time than Poirot's ramblings, so oh well I guess.

Sometimes I decide to speak publicly when I disagree with some action, decision or opinion. The reaction from the ex-presidents has often be to belittle me. I'm told I don't understand, I don't pay attention etc. when it's clearly not the case. Since the post reset I have tried to be an engaged citizen following what happens in Nyman. The highest offices should come with scrutiny. I hope other citizens are not intimidated to voice concerns or questions. Citizens participation should be encouraged. I've had a very good relationship with past federalists leaders and they treated with respeact and as an ally but some now show me no respect.
I'm obviously salty because you didn't vote for me twice Poirot
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 12:00:30 AM »

Federalist Party Primary
President
September 22-25, 2017

This begins at 12:00 AM EST on September 22nd and will be open for 72 hours

OFFICIAL BALLOT
[1] President Fhtagn (F-ME)/Vice President PiT (The Physicist) (F-LA)
[2] Fmr. Justice Oakvale (F-NY)/Fmr. Representative Potus2036 (F-WV)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 02:25:50 PM »

I nominate London, England, Edinburgh, Scotland, and Cardiff, Wales (in honor of our agreement and because there is nothing in the rules that says it must be in mainland Atlasia Tongue )
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 12:07:52 AM »

link=topic=272871.msg5861744#msg5861744 date=1507869965]
Federalist Party Primary
October 13th - 15th

This begins at 12:00 AM EST on October 13th and will be open for 72 hours

OFFICIAL BALLOT
Chairman:
[X] NC Yankee

Vice Chairman:
[X] Fhtagn

Platform:
Should the Platform be amended to the following text

[X] Aye
[  ] Nay

Bylaws:
Amendment 1
Should the following bylaw amendment restricting voting within the Federalist Party primaries to those who registered within the first 72 hours of the convention comencing.

[  ] Aye
[X] Nay

February Convention City:
Please preference the following cities in numerical order -

[7] Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
[8] Atlantic City, New Jersey
[9] Reading, Pennsylvania
[10] Jacksonville, Illinois
[11] Holland, Michigan
[12] Louisville, Kentucky
[13] Greensboro, North Carolina
[1] London, England
[2] Edinburgh, Scotland
[3] Cardiff, Wales
[4] Portland, Maine
[6] Knoxville, Tennessee
[5] Nashville, Tennessee
[14] Providence, Rhode Island
[15] Kansas City, Missouri
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 12:54:11 AM »

and I'm gonna have to urge against Amendment #1 especially since I want to introduce Semi-Open primaries soon and it's too restrictive of a blanket for that Tongue
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 01:59:26 AM »

We should like, hold a vote on changing colors IMO

Orange-Red is so 2012
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 03:21:45 AM »

Orange-Red is so 2012

Now you are just being petty. Tongue Orangered is the color of the morning sun in all its glory, and perfectly demonstrates our desire for a country with a bright and prosperous future built on individual choice, free market options and less centralized control of the economy and government.
I guess you could say it's the dawn of a new era then Wink
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 03:46:45 AM »

Orange-Red is so 2012

Now you are just being petty. Tongue Orangered is the color of the morning sun in all its glory, and perfectly demonstrates our desire for a country with a bright and prosperous future built on individual choice, free market options and less centralized control of the economy and government.
I guess you could say it's the dawn of a new era then Wink

Glad you have come around to my line of thinking. Tongue
no I mean I want a new color lol
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 01:52:58 AM »

The city selected for the next convention is: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Calculations using Paul's STV calculator:
http://mibpaste.com/Ob32g0
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2017, 09:01:22 PM »

Ultimatums always work, just ask Iraq!

Anyways, this is not going to fly with me. We are not a party who would ever expel anyone unless they are truly in the process of damaging the party or have already harmed it substantially. Oakvale has done neither of those things since joining the party, which is the resume on which he should be judged by. I admit I am not some innocent person and I don't think anyone here can claim so either, I don't think I have any right to stand here judging anyone else on their merits either. Therefore, I stand strongly opposed to this expulsion measure, it it true that Oakvale could be a lot nicer in his campaign thread, but those who attack people in a campaign thread should also be prepared to be attacked back, in my opinion. Also, I hate being presented with a "him or me" choice, it's stupid and just makes me stay in my position even more so. If we are to prove that we are the better party in any circumstance, we should not attempt to expel people who have done nothing wrong since joining the party. If Oakvale had actually done anything to attempt to damage the party, then I would support and/or even propose this measure. But he has done nothing wrong and this is nothing short of a witch hunt. Should this reach a vote, I ask everyone to vote NO (or nay if that's your preferred format). 
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2017, 09:44:20 PM »

OK so as I understand it, the person Oakvale has spent years attacking and the person he tried to primary challenge in the Presidential campaign are fine with him staying.....but you aren't?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2017, 09:54:17 PM »

If anyone actually believes this bullsh!t act, my lack of faith in humanity will reach a new low.
I don't want to come across as rude but you've only been in the party for a week and there is a lot behind this that has been going on for years, there is a lot more to all of this than Leinad is openly letting on (battles that have been going on both in and out of the party since I joined and well before, too). So I'm not sure why you would empty quote this......
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2017, 10:30:38 PM »

Given what I have seen and recently received, it seems that an expulsion vote would cause more harm than good to the party. The bylaw says this: "2. Expulsion. A member may be expelled from the party by majority vote if that member behaves in such a way as to the detriment of the party. Requests for an expulsion vote must be seconded." Oakvale has not behaved in a way as to the detriment of the party, with less than a week left until the House elections, the potential expulsion of Oakvale would throw our House slate into possible chaos and would serve to literally harm the party, you could argue the expulsion of Oakvale at this time is far more harmful to the party than keeping him and electing him as a Representative.

I request that the Party Leadership not go through with any vote until the opposing side can A. gather up evidence of Oakvale causing detriment to the party and B. an actual solution can be came up with in the case that he is in fact expelled, which I hope does not happen. The bylaw does not give any timeline, so I believe this to be reasonable.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2017, 10:36:39 PM »

If anyone actually believes this bullsh!t act, my lack of faith in humanity will reach a new low.
I don't want to come across as rude but you've only been in the party for a week and there is a lot behind this that has been going on for years, there is a lot more to all of this than Leinad is openly letting on (battles that have been going on both in and out of the party since I joined and well before, too). So I'm not sure why you would empty quote this......
He’s a party member weighing in on a party matter, I see no reason why he has no right to comment on it. While I’m neutral on this, we shouldn’t limit party members opinions from being shared in general.
Obviously, but it just seems....odd, of course I found out that he had been told a very one sided story so it makes more sense in retrospect, this is the exact reason I have proposed the motion above, as seen below:
Given what I have seen and recently received, it seems that an expulsion vote would cause more harm than good to the party. The bylaw says this: "2. Expulsion. A member may be expelled from the party by majority vote if that member behaves in such a way as to the detriment of the party. Requests for an expulsion vote must be seconded." Oakvale has not behaved in a way as to the detriment of the party, with less than a week left until the House elections, the potential expulsion of Oakvale would throw our House slate into possible chaos and would serve to literally harm the party, you could argue the expulsion of Oakvale at this time is far more harmful to the party than keeping him and electing him as a Representative.

I request that the Party Leadership not go through with any vote until the opposing side can A. gather up evidence of Oakvale causing detriment to the party and B. an actual solution can be came up with in the case that he is in fact expelled, which I hope does not happen. The bylaw does not give any timeline, so I believe this to be reasonable.

Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2017, 10:46:27 PM »

Furthermore I point you to this:

"3. Currently, a maximum of five candidates may be endorsed for the House of Representatives. If the Federalist Party has more than this number of incumbent representatives seeking re-election, each of the incumbents may still receive the endorsement of the party. If, on the first Friday prior to the election, the number of declared Federalist candidates is equal to or less than the maximum number of endorsements, no primary election shall be held and those candidates shall automatically receive the endorsement of the Federalist Party. Any Federalist candidates entering the race after this time shall not enjoy the party’s official endorsement. If, on the first Friday prior to the election, the number of declared Federalists is larger than the maximum number of Federalist endorsements, a primary election shall be held. The election shall run for three (3) days and shall be decided by public IRV. If the number of declared Federalist candidates is less than the maximum number of endorsements, non-Federalists may receive these remaining endorsements. "
Therefore, Oakvale has already received the Federalist Party endorsement and even if he was expelled, this endorsement stands.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2017, 10:55:47 PM »

And with all of this, I am sure people are mad at me for what I have pointed out and that they feel all of this is my fault in general, with this erratic dfw will be erratic some more and will now be leaving the party for a while, shalom, ciao, etc.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2017, 09:35:04 PM »

Oakvale, I have done my best to defend you through all of this because I really do like you....but maybe you should change your methods some if you really want some to embrace your style and campaigning. I'm not saying hide your feelings (as I am so constantly accused of doing myself), but maybe at least attack people less, don't attack people publicly in your own party I'd say is a golden rule.....This isn't an unsolvable solution but you don't have a golden past (nor do I really) so you can't just expect some in the party to not hate you or at the very least strongly oppose your existence as a candidate of the party. Maybe try reasoning in both PM and here without attacking but strongly making your case as much as possible and maybe apologizing for the attacks and it can all work out.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2017, 09:54:59 PM »

Well this much is true, I haven't seen a reasonable explanation as to how you are actually causing damage to the party at this present moment, especially as much at this vote seems to actually be causing damage to this party. All of that being said, I think I'm going to be an independent for a long time to come for a few reasons, for one thing I feel like my mission to make the party stronger and a better party is complete, for another thing I don't think it's healthy for the game for Labor to be so weak (they have ZERO House candidates right now), and for one last thing, I don't like the direction things are starting to head now.

So, both sides can go ahead and throw my opinions out the window, if they want, or they can take this one last piece of advice.

Leinad et al: It's time to calm down, I understand you literally hate Oakvale, but the House elections are less than a week away, there is nothing that can be done now to keep him off of the slate, expulsion or not, its best to try and work out your differences with Oakvale once and for all, I know you believe that you are helping but it has the potential to backfire spectacularly for the party.

Oakvale: Like I said, attacks are not the solution even if you see the arguments as bad, I endorsed you because I think you'd be good in the House and you are a party candidate (for better or for worse), please try to work out your differences with Leinad et al, they are important components of the party and are valued members of the party.

This is a crossroads, for better or for worse.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2017, 08:12:24 AM »

I doubt the result would be the same if all of the party members were presented with both sides of the story instead of just sent pm's by one side and made to choose a "him or me " approach....
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2017, 06:08:12 PM »

I doubt the result would be the same if all of the party members were presented with both sides of the story instead of just sent pm's by one side and made to choose a "him or me " approach....

Sending PMs to voters to win a vote is such a hideous crime. We don't know anyone who has done that to win the presidency do we?
It is very low energy to treat an expulsion vote like an election in my opinion, especially when you consider that in proper elections, voters get pm's from both sides and links to both campaigns, want me to demonstrate the difference?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies