For members from the UK.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:50:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  For members from the UK.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: For members from the UK....  (Read 4684 times)
afleitch
Atlas Star

« on: December 20, 2009, 04:05:37 PM »

Rutherglen and Hamilton West. Labour hold until the end of time.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 06:57:29 PM »

Rutherglen and Hamilton West. Labour hold until the end of time.

Presumably the scariest man in the Commons is standing again?

I think so. Scratch a bit under the surface and he's apparently quite easy to 'get at' if you know what riles him Wink
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 04:54:11 PM »

Brighton Pavilion Poll:
GRN 35% (+14)
CON 27% (+4)
LAB 25% (-13)
LD 11% (-5)

I'm always skeptic of constituency polls, this one included, but I'm rather puzzled over the little movement for the Conservatives since 2005. It's quite clear that the Greenies are taking a significant share of the Labour and LibDem vote, but why are the Conservatives relatively static and their gains here being under the national swing from Labour to Tory (+6-9% for the Tories nationally over 2005).

If ICM do this one right, there should have been weighting by past vote. It's not the best seat to poll because it's a seat where the Greens are challenging and can target above all else. On the old school swing, it is still an 8.5% swing Labour to Conservative. Looking at a poll like this, on the day I expect the Tories to win the seat simply based on the 'blue rinse' turnout (though their numbers are significantly less than in Kemptown) with a majority of a few hundred.

Not a bad poll when you peel away at it, simply because of the collapse in the Labour vote. A collapse of this sort, even if the Tories were to stand still is still a 7% swing in their favour.

What we really need are marginal s
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies