JB Pritker trailed congressional Democrats in the collar counties
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 05:23:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  JB Pritker trailed congressional Democrats in the collar counties
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: JB Pritker trailed congressional Democrats in the collar counties  (Read 3527 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2018, 08:58:58 PM »

Of course. Pritzker is trash and Rauner despite his failed tenure as governor was a pretty good fit for the Collar Counties.

I wish IL Dems could've nominated a strong candidate like Obama or Duckworth to make the IL GOP suffer even more. Maybe they could've dragged Rodney Davis down in the process.

I'm still sore about Rodney Davis just barely hanging on. Pritzker lost counties like McLean and Sangamon while Betsy Dirksen Londrigan won them, so I kind of blame Pritzker just a little. If we'd had someone not completely disgusting at the top of the ticket, she may have picked up the couple thousand votes she needed to win.

come on its pretty obvious Daddy Madigan will gerrymander the 12th and the 13th as it wouldn't remove dem areas for other districts.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2018, 09:12:35 PM »

We run competitive campaigns in downstate despite the counter wave. We should look at it from a neutral light at the very least.

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2018, 10:14:28 PM »

We run competitive campaigns in downstate despite the counter wave. We should look at it from a neutral light at the very least.

I mean Brendan Kelly was basically the strongest recruit you could get there and he still lost by 4 even adding the Green party vote.
The 13th swung R but it didn't do so massively because of UIUC so its prety obvious to combine East St louis with UIUC in 2020.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2018, 10:16:51 PM »

I mean Brendan Kelly was basically the strongest recruit you could get there and he still lost by 4 even adding the Green party vote.
The 13th swung R but it didn't do so massively because of UIUC so its prety obvious to combine East St louis with UIUC in 2020.

They will probably do that but it would be a very ugly looking district.

Bustos should run for US Senate if Durbin retires in 2020. Her district will probably go Republican pretty soon.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2018, 10:18:33 PM »

Bustos should run for US Senate if Durbin retires in 2020. Her district will probably go Republican pretty soon.

yeah at the same time it looks like she is the only one who can hold it long term but then again a wave will PROBABLY take her down. She did win by 20 in 2016 which was decent.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2018, 08:02:58 PM »

Also, results outside of Cook County:

Rauner - 1,308,842 (48%)
Pritzker - 1,174,156 (43%)
McCann (C) - 156,716 (6%)
Jackson (L) - 71,859 (3%)

Just goes to show that Cook County should be its own state. The rest of IL didn't want Pritzker.

What a low-quality low-energy post.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2018, 04:03:04 PM »

Of course. Pritzker is trash and Rauner despite his failed tenure as governor was a pretty good fit for the Collar Counties.

I wish IL Dems could've nominated a strong candidate like Obama or Duckworth to make the IL GOP suffer even more. Maybe they could've dragged Rodney Davis down in the process.

I'm still sore about Rodney Davis just barely hanging on. Pritzker lost counties like McLean and Sangamon while Betsy Dirksen Londrigan won them, so I kind of blame Pritzker just a little. If we'd had someone not completely disgusting at the top of the ticket, she may have picked up the couple thousand votes she needed to win.

come on its pretty obvious Daddy Madigan will gerrymander the 12th and the 13th as it wouldn't remove dem areas for other districts.

What? The 12th and 13th are already gerrymandered to elect a Democrat. There aren't any D areas to add without giving up on at least one of them and drawing some disgusting monstrosity for the other.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2018, 04:21:35 PM »

What? The 12th and 13th are already gerrymandered to elect a Democrat. There aren't any D areas to add without giving up on at least one of them and drawing some disgusting monstrosity for the other.

MetroEast is probably a lost cause so I don’t think they’ll end up gerrymandering the 12th, but I could see them drawing a toss-up gerrymander seat that takes in all of Bloomington-Normal, Champaign-Urbana, Peoria, and Springfield. Maybe toss Galesburg into the mix as well. This would require Bustos’s seat to snake into a part of Chicagoland, though.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2018, 03:07:04 AM »

MetroEast is probably a lost cause so I don’t think they’ll end up gerrymandering the 12th, but I could see them drawing a toss-up gerrymander seat that takes in all of Bloomington-Normal, Champaign-Urbana, Peoria, and Springfield. Maybe toss Galesburg into the mix as well. This would require Bustos’s seat to snake into a part of Chicagoland, though.

I disagree with the Metro-East portion of Downstate Illinois being a lost cause; however, Southern Illinois outside of Carbondale, Cairo, and the Metro-East (St. Clair and Madison) is sadly a lost cause for Team Blue.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2018, 01:27:29 AM »

The combined congressional vote in McHenry County was 51% Democratic to 49% Republican even with Pritkzer losing to Rauner there big. This is happening while Democrats lost the Madison County Congressional vote combined in the Metro East!

hahaha

Also in DuPage County final vote totals show Democrats picked up another state senate seat.. Ellman defeated Connelly in SD 21.

In Lake County the Democrats officially have control of the Lake County board for the first time in history and this was topped off with the longest serving board member, Carol Calabresa (R), being defeated.

In the biggest upset, John Idleburg (D) defeated Mark Curran (R) for Lake County Sheriff in final vote totals. Even I did not expect that!
new_patomic

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2018, 06:33:50 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2018, 06:37:18 PM by new_patomic »

How Democrats handle redistricting after the 2020 census will be really interesting here.

The 6th and 14th districts were initially GOP vote sinks, which will have to be fixed. You probably don't need to do much to Casten's district at least, but they'll definitely want to change Underwood's so as to make it more Democratic friendly.

I'm not as pessimistic on the 17th. A Peoria-Quad Cities-Rockford based district was never going to be a Democratic lock given the underlying politics of those cities and the margins Democrats got at the Presidential level weren't the norm when Obama was at the top of the ticket. I wouldn't be so sure it's shifted further away since 2016 either, it operates like a more Democratic version of IA-01. Though the big risk is if what happened to, say, Decatur industrially were to happen to Peoria or Moline, they probably couldn't recover from that.

The solution would be to snake it into Chicagoland, but that's not as simple as it might seem. There's DeKalb, but that's not that many people, and the 14th is currently sitting on almost all the other favorable Democratic territory in the West-Northwest suburbs.

What to do between the 12th/13th is more apparent, at least, after 2018. Most of the 12th will be ditched and you'll just figure out a district from Champaign down to St. Clair. It'll be ugly as sin, but you could even get rid of Decatur and end up having something around D+7.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2018, 02:19:08 PM »

Controversial candidate JB Pritzker accomplished what Gavin Newsom coud not do. Win the quintessential GOP suburban bastion of the state.

Considering how Democratic these late OC drops have been, I bet the county flips before December. there is only a 40K vote gap, and dems look to sweep the Districts there right now.

Newsom did win Orange, but he trailed the Congressional candidates  by a few points there too.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2018, 11:30:16 AM »

If DCCC had known Bost would eventually run away and never contested that seat to begin with and spent it all on IL-13 and 14 and 6, Londrigan would have won
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2018, 11:53:09 PM »

Yeah, Pritzker was a terrible candidate for the collar counties.  Its no surprise he ran behind local candidates.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2018, 09:42:25 PM »

We now have the gubernatorial results broken down by Congressional District, and I got to say, its pretty interesting. It also shows that Pritzker had no coattails, pro or against.

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2018, 09:52:55 PM »

Yeah bustos looks like she might be in for a race in 2020 as I warned you all. It starts as Likely D to me if even rauner can almost carry in 2018.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2018, 12:03:49 AM »

Pritzker already kinda underperformed, but he would've underperformed even worse if not for McCann. Pretty pathetic.

I bet most of those Rauner/Casten and Rauner/Underwood voters would've been winnable with a candidate who wasn't garbage.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2018, 12:50:18 AM »

Pritzker already kinda underperformed, but he would've underperformed even worse if not for McCann. Pretty pathetic.

I bet most of those Rauner/Casten and Rauner/Underwood voters would've been winnable with a candidate who wasn't garbage.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Also I do believe Illinois-13 may have flipped with a better Democratic candidate on top of the ticket.

But this is the first time ever that all statewide Democrats won all the collar counties, even DuPage and except McHenry.

McCann did have union support and I actually think he took from Pritzker and Rauner to be honest.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2018, 01:15:43 AM »

how competetive will Illinois 13th be in 2020. It looks like it will probably trend right due to the rurals but the college counties might be enough to counteract it.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2018, 01:20:16 PM »

Incredible that Pritzker won 13 but Londrigan couldn't pull it off. Davis is not popular.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2018, 01:35:35 PM »

Incredible that Pritzker won 13 but Londrigan couldn't pull it off. Davis is not popular.

thats due to Mccann though. Londrigan had to get a majority. Anyway this is still relatively competetive in 2020 due to springfield bloomington and Urbana.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2018, 01:56:43 PM »

thats due to Mccann though. Londrigan had to get a majority. Anyway this is still relatively competetive in 2020 due to springfield bloomington and Urbana.

And Edwardsville/SIUE to a lesser extent.
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2018, 03:34:16 PM »

Ok
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2018, 05:30:38 PM »

I mean he isn't popular in the town's but everyone in the nobody counties likes him
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2019, 10:19:11 PM »

LOL!

In Lake County, Illinois Bruce Rauner only trailed Donald Trumps vote total by just under 500 votes and actually exceeded Donald Trumps raw vote total in DuPage by around 2,000 votes. This happened simultaneously as Pritzker became the first Democratic gubernatorial candidate to win DuPage County since the 1930s.

We have got to imagine how much Rauner would have been humiliated if a better Democrat was the nominee.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies