Have you ever met any presidential candidates or former presidents?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 12:05:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Have you ever met any presidential candidates or former presidents?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Have you ever met any presidential candidates or former presidents?  (Read 8042 times)
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2014, 06:38:42 PM »

Apparently my mum ran into Hillary Clinton once.
LastMcGovernite
Ringorules
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2014, 03:21:13 AM »

Interviewed George McGovern and Gary Hart for my dissertation. 

Working on securing an interview with Birch Bayh as we speak...
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2014, 04:41:15 AM »

I have met Sarah Palin and Dennis Kucinich before, though this was indirectly and before I was ever interested in politics. Kucinich, I don't remember the year, but I saw him at a 4th of July Parade (don't remember the year) and while greeting everyone in the parade, my dad called over to him and even though he was wearing a "Dump Dennis" T-Shirt, Kucinich still came over only to be rejected by my dad, a conservative, when Kucinich reached over to shake his hand, so that wasn't a good experience to witness lol.

Palin was during the 2008 campaign and it was again because of my dad. She was coming to highly Democratic Lakewood, OH for God knows what reason and her rally was stationed right next to my school. Instead of cancelling school that day, my principal instead thought it would be a good idea to "get an experience" from this and invited any 7th or 8th graders interested to attend. My dad, who voted for McCain/Palin, asked me to do so and so I did. I didn't pay much attention, but Palin I remember was ranting off about Obama and she gave a shout-out to Joe the Plumber. I didn't actually meet her since she left right away and right afterwards, there was some fake person in the crowd pretending to be Palin and was giving people who actually believed it was her autographs. After we returned from the rally, we went back to class and during our Social Studies class that day, our teacher had us reflect on Palin's speech and for those who didn't attend, to write about who you would vote for (Obama/Biden or McCain/Palin) and why. I ended up doing the latter since like I said, I didn't pay attention to Palin's speech.

As for others, unless the likes of Marcy Kaptur or Ed FitzGerald (who I'll meet this year) run for President in the future, I'm a bit stuck still. Tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies