Which GOP Senator(s) Will Lose to a Tea Party Challenger in 2014?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 09:08:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Which GOP Senator(s) Will Lose to a Tea Party Challenger in 2014?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Which GOP Senator(s) Will Lose to a Tea Party Challenge in 2014?
Jeff Sessions, Alabama

Saxby Chambliss, Georgia

Jim Risch, Idaho

Pat Roberts, Kansas

Mitch McConnell, Kentucky

Susan Collins, Maine

Thad Cochran, Mississippi

Mike Johanns, South Dakota

Jim Inhofe, Oklahoma

Lindsey Graham, South Carolina

Lamar Alexander, Tennessee

John Cornyn, Texas

Mike Enzi, Wyoming

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Which GOP Senator(s) Will Lose to a Tea Party Challenger in 2014?  (Read 7123 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2012, 10:08:43 AM »

Apparently, some were trying to talk Erick Erickson of RedState.com into running in GA. He's passing.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2012, 10:11:22 AM »

I never believed that- he likes his bullhorn too much, plus RS would be absolutely unreadable if he did.
nolesfan2011
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.68, S: -7.48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2012, 09:57:15 PM »

Collins and Graham, Graham may just retire to avoid losing (SC GOP is too far right for him at this point), and Collins may have an issue where she appeals to the Maine electorate as a whole, but not the ME GOP electorate.. same issue Mike Castle had in Delaware..

I think Alexander (and Sessions) hold only because they have been around a while, aren't terribly unpopular, and the TN GOP isn't that Tea Party controlled( Corker didn't face any significant opposition)

I'm guessing Alexander and Graham, possibly Collins.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2012, 10:01:02 PM »

Sessions is also very conservative.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2012, 10:15:58 PM »

I voted for just Lindsey Graham. Outside of Maine, I don't think any state's Tea Party candidate will put the race in play for the Dems--GA and KY would be the only ones who would make it close.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2012, 03:46:21 AM »

Graham, maybe Cochran (if he runs for reelection and gets a strong primary challenge, he could be in trouble), and maybe Chambliss if Price runs against him (I read that Gingrey has quietly made it known that he isn't going to run and even if Price runs, Chambliss would still be favored).  I suspect that most of the damage done by the tea-party this cycle will be done by making the party behave in a highly obstructionist manner and causing the party to nominate weaker candidates for Democratic Senate seats.

I have a shocking confession to make about Tom Price. Two years ago I was invited to sit in the President's box at the UGA homecoming game. I was at the buffet and I ran into Tom Price, and being the assertive kinda guy I am I approached him and asked what had happened to the Republican party. He told me he wasn't concerned with sideshow social issues and obstructionism, he only cared about fixing the economy and shrinking the size of government. I was impressed so I liked his page on Facebook a few days later. I just got around to unliking it, as his political grandstanding is exactly the kind of thing he told me he wasn't interested in. He's obviously preparing for a 2014 challenge to Saxby and I hope that if he's successful, the voters won't be fooled like I was. He's a fraud, and his district really isn't as conservative as he thinks it is. I hope his demise comes quickly.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2012, 03:54:28 AM »

I voted for Graham and nothing else - I think Chambliss could face a challenge though. I doubt Collins loses, the only question up there is whether or not she decides to run.

Well she certainly isn't as "disgusted" as Sen. Snowe was by her own party...part of me wonders if she's trying to avoid a primary challenge
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies