Free Speech (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:55:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Free Speech (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Free Speech  (Read 9914 times)
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« on: January 30, 2013, 05:11:23 PM »

There is no rule on this forum (at least not yet) that you have to like My Little Pony. Making fun of a TV show is not in my view an infarctable offense quite possibly anywhere on the internet.
Whatever this dude said.

And, also : https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=162267.msg3608480#msg3608480
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 05:36:31 PM »

There is no rule on this forum (at least not yet) that you have to like My Little Pony. Making fun of a TV show is not in my view an infarctable offense quite possibly anywhere on the internet.

So if I posted a picture of spaghetti in the Italian Elections thread, you don't think Al would infract that?
He wouldn't if it was actually fun.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 03:30:36 AM »

Man, making fun of folks who are old enough to play with computers but who also actually enjoy My Little Pony is a bit like making fun of people in wheelchairs, or of retards. Sure, we all do it, but only among close friends and certainly not in public.
Seriously, dude, you seem to be an awful person. Making fun of people in wheelchairs is not even close to acceptable, and we sure don't "all do it". Retards is an insult. As to making fun of people who enjoy a girly cartoon, this is perfectly acceptable, you can do it all day, go on. 

I don't know what's wrong with these people either, and over a beer, just the two of us, I'd find the Tesco reference hilarious.  Oh, who am I kidding, it's hilarious here too.
I would have probably found it hilarious too if it had not been deleted. Even in the MLP thread.

Still, it's a politically correct world.  Not a world that I would have created, but that's just the way it is.  You just can't expect to make fun of these people and get away with it. 
Well, you should, but if it is indeed actually fun. Nobody is against real fun. Bullying on the other hand...

Nevertheless, it's a cult that takes itself seriously.  Like men trapped inside womens' bodies or something. 
Seriously ? Just f** off dude. It is a f***ing cartoon. Some of us like it, some of us love it, I know I'm not getting dressed as a pony and going around like that, and even those who do, they do it, no harm done, what the hell ! It's like you are afraid of something you don't understand. Some of us are taking this more seriously than others, but anyway a lot of people take a lot of things seriously. Maybe you have a favorite sports team, or band or whatever. This is no different. And anyway MLP is not my favorite show ever. It's just one of the shows I watch because I like it, it soothes me, but I also watch Dexter or Modern Family. We are not freaks. Stop believing that just because you don't get it.

As to men trapped inside womens' bodies, well that is a real psychological and medical issue, and the symptoms are generally a bit more serious than just watching MLP. And you don't get to make fun of these people either, these people need compassion, help, like people in wheelchairs. What kind of person are you ?

Otherwise you'll get as much sympathy as a Kapo in a Konzentrationslager whining when he finds a jackboot's heel on his neck.
And one Godwin point is awarded to the awful poster with a Scottish first name.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies